Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
:mjlol: Dizzamn, so fukk the other 3 episodes?

1) Im #LawrenceGang, and he may not make it back on.

2) This last episode felt like a regression for Issa. She had to make a shyt ton of good decisions and be responsible to pull that block party off. And within 12 hours she’s trying to spend money she doesn’t have and giving random old men rides. I get that she’s dealing with Molly calling her a leech, but she cant check her common sense like that.

3) I’m not really interested in Molly’s rationalization for acting a fool at the block party. Molly has zero social intelligence. She got mad when that the married dude treated her like a side chick, when he informed her that’s what she was. She was surprised and hurt when no one at her new firm wanted to work with her when she got there she immediately shyt on everyone in the firm, fukked up on an assignment while she was at Coachella, stabbed Taurean in the back and pissed off pretty much everyone else in the firm.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
1) Im #LawrenceGang, and he may not make it back on.

Lowkey Happy
Insecure: Season 4, Episode 8
Description
Issa and Lawrence catch up to discuss their lives, careers, past mistakes, and what makes each of them happy.

In addition, I believe Jay Ellis directed the next episode

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yall have a mf refined palate when it comes to entertainment :gucci:

I thought the episode was great. Funny, cinematography still on point, new characters, character development for the main protagonist... I enjoyed it a lot.
I liked it also as I think it reflects real moments in people’s lives when you have to fall back and regroup. I’ve had plenty of them weeks or weekends alone where you just need to have your own adventure, be in your own thoughts, etc. Seeing Issa finally accept/step into her new career was the payoff.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I like the show's writing cause the Molly situation is more nuanced than just "I don't like her right now so no." That kind of analysis is why I think there's so much backlash on Molly now. It's deeper than that.

Molly tried to help Issa initially - she's a successful lawyer asking for more info on the contract and its terms. Issa decided to dismiss all of that and just demand the quick fix. Now some part of Molly felt like she was just being used by a bad friend, but another part of Molly felt "She probably fukked up her last connect; she can't be bothered to even explain to me what happened; she'll fukk this one up too".

I have a handful of friends and family that I would never give a professional connect to cause I know it might come back to haunt me. I'd only do it if I had control over the situation. Sometimes you just gotta protect you and yours. The writers on the show are probably highly successful people so have been in that situation frequently. Most of the people involved in the backlash on Molly just can't relate. Your professional and personal network is an asset to be protected.
Yeah, thats not what was happening. Im not surprised by how naïve so many of yall are. Cant even pick up on blatant condescension. Thats why Issa dismissed what she was saying.

Yall are the same kind of people who think that this ^^^ are genuine questions.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Who goes to a Paint and Sip event dolo? If she was sitting next to less friendly people she would be getting faded and painting by herself? :gucci:
Glad we finally got to spend some time with her Mom, it has been a bit weird she hasn't gotten any shine and she lives in the same city? Dunno I was close with my folks, if I dramatized my life they would be integral.
When I was in my 20s I wasnt ever at my pops crib and he lived 20min away. I was ripping and running. Its completely normal for many grown people not to be up under their parents all the time.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
When I was in my 20s I wasnt ever at my pops crib and he lived 20min away. I was ripping and running. Its completely normal for many grown people not to be up under their parents all the time.
What did you do on holidays? You didn't just check on him every other week or once a month or anything? If the answer is no you spent no holidays and never checked on him, sorry that's not normal unless you had some type of rift. lol

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What did you do on holidays? You didn't just check on him every other week or once a month or anything? If the answer is no you spent no holidays and never checked on him, sorry that's not normal unless you had some type of rift. lol
You dont need to see them to check on them. We spoke a couple times a week or a couple times a month. I saw him when I felt it was time to or its been too long since I had. I didnt need a holiday to see my pops and we not sentimental like that to care about holidays. Youre making up your own scenario in your head breh.

Besides, I lived most my life living in different cities than my parents/siblings and not uncommon for me to not have seen any one of them for years at a time. Again in that scenario as well, its normal to not have physically seen a parent/sibling very little in your 20s. As long as you talk enough, you dont need to. And when its been too long, you take the time to visit.
:yeshrug:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You dont need to see them to check on them. We spoke a couple times a week or a couple times a month. I saw him when I felt it was time to or its been too long since I had. I didnt need a holiday to see my pops and we not sentimental like that to care about holidays. Youre making up your own scenario in your head breh.

Besides, I lived most my life living in different cities than my parents/siblings and not uncommon for me to not have seen any one of them for years at a time. Again in that scenario as well, its normal to not have physically seen a parent/sibling very little in your 20s. As long as you talk enough, you dont need to. And when its been too long, you take the time to visit.
:yeshrug:
Na, your situation just isn't the normal one when living in the same city and having a good relationship. Not knocking it, just saying that's not the average.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Na, your situation just isn't the normal one when living in the same city and having a good relationship. Not knocking it, just saying that's not the average.
In your experience. And thats cool. But me, Ive lived all over this country and of all the people I hung out with or knew of in our 20s that were young professionals werent up their parents ass all the time because we were too busy working and doing our own thing. Visiting their parents one or twice a month if you live in the same city has been the norm. Thats my experience. This is young professionals and artists in Atlanta, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles. My chick now is 27 and spent Sunday at home with her parents. Hadnt done that since last month and hadnt done that since her little sister came back from NYU the month before that. My ex before her Dad lived here and once or twice a month was about the same. Maybe when you are younger and older, youll be up under your parents more but in your 20s, even with a great relationship, you not around them day in and day out like that. Youre working, dating, hanging out, relaxing, going to the gym everyday etc. No time to be hanging at my mom's and dad's like that. You check in, see how things are often enough but at the house every other day? Nah. Again, this is my own experience and most of all the people I knew well enough to say experiences as well.