Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
In your experience. Ive lived all over this country and of all the people I hung out with or knew of in our 20s that were young professionals werent up their parents ass all the time because we were too busy working and doing our own thing. Visiting their parents one or twice a month has been the norm. Thats my experience. This is young professionals and artists in Atlanta, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles. My chick now is 27 and spent Sunday at home with her parents. Hadnt done that since last month and hadnt done that since her little sister came back from NYU the month before that. Maybe when you are younger and older, youll be up under your parents more but in your 20s, even with a great relationship, you not around them day in and out like that. Again, this is my own experience and most of all the people I knew well enough to say experiences as well.
Yeah, I said if you don't talk to your parents at least once a month that's weird. You are now saying you and your girl do it once a month when previously you were like it was way less.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah, I said if you don't talk to your parents at least once a month that's weird. You are now saying you and your girl do it once a month when previously you were like it was way less.
You dont need to see them to check on them. We spoke a couple times a week or a couple times a month. I saw him when I felt it was time to or its been too long since I had. I didnt need a holiday to see my pops and we not sentimental like that to care about holidays. Youre making up your own scenario in your head breh.

Besides, I lived most my life living in different cities than my parents/siblings and not uncommon for me to not have seen any one of them for years at a time. Again in that scenario as well, its normal to not have physically seen a parent/sibling very little in your 20s. As long as you talk enough, you dont need to. And when its been too long, you take the time to visit.
:yeshrug:
And like I said, youre making up scenarios in your own head.

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, thats not what was happening. Im not surprised by how naïve so many of yall are. Cant even pick up on blatant condescension. Thats why Issa dismissed what she was saying.

Yall are the same kind of people who think that this ^^^ are genuine questions.

Yeah she definitely wasn't trying to help Issa when she brought that up, if they weren't going through it she would've never said that.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm really not tho.
And yet you are. You asked the question needing more details and you were given a specific answer. Which was already covered several times now. I’m not gonna keep going back and forth with someone who ain’t cut the umbilical cord yet. Believe you want breh. Everyone spends every moment with their mommy and daddy.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And yet you are. You asked the question needing more details and you were given a specific answer. Which was already covered several times now. I’m not gonna keep going back and forth with someone who ain’t cut the umbilical cord yet. Believe you want breh. Everyone spends every moment with their mommy and daddy.
Too late. :mjlol:
You went from not visiting your Dad, to checking on him when you need to, to once a month. lol

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Too late. :mjlol:
You went from not visiting your Dad, to checking on him when you need to, to once a month. lol
Yeah, you can’t read. I said I would talk to my dad a couple times a week and see him only when I felt I needed to. Which we never really needed to since we spoke all the time and I didn’t have the time. This was not an every month thing. It was as needed. Can’t really explain it anymore simply.

You balked. I then said wasn’t really uncommon for young professionals to see their parents much or only once or twice a month. I then gave examples of a couple people and recounted several others. Most people that have careers, school, bf/gfs, friends, nightlife etc that don’t spend each day under their parents.

None of what I said contradicted anything else I said. You just chose to twist things on your own.

And you’re right, it is too late.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y’all nikkas really arguing about how often to see parents? And based on a fictional show at that, where there hasn’t been a need/opportunity for Issa to have her mom in hella episodes :dahell:

And people have different ways they handle parents/communicate. Me and all my siblings all live in the same city as our parents. I prefer face to face time with people, I’m not a phone person, I live a 15 min walk from them so I go over once a week while not speaking on the phone to them outside of that unless it’s for a particular reason, my oldest bro is a 10 min drive away and might drop by once a month yet he talks to them multiple times a week, and my middle bro might drop by twice a month to get mail and send them an occasional text. Not sure how often people are supposed to be all up on their parents as adults, but if y’all have a communication cadence you’re happy with, then it shouldn’t matter.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Y’all nikkas really arguing about how often to see parents? And based on a fictional show at that, where there hasn’t been a need/opportunity for Issa to have her mom in hella episodes :dahell:

And people have different ways they handle parents/communicate. Me and all my siblings all live in the same city as our parents. I prefer face to face time with people, I’m not a phone person, I live a 15 min walk from them so I go over once a week while not speaking on the phone to them outside of that unless it’s for a particular reason, my oldest bro is a 10 min drive away and might drop by once a month yet he talks to them multiple times a week, and my middle bro might drop by twice a month to get mail and send them an occasional text. Not sure how often people are supposed to be all up on their parents as adults, but if y’all have a communication cadence you’re happy with, then it shouldn’t matter.

Coli nikkas love to argue. :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I have since the show started wondered about Issa's upbringing. For this late in the show to finally see or hear from her is weird. Issa barely to never even refers to her parents. And in the wine down she stated she purposely stayed away from the dynamic.
It isn't ruining the show or anything but I just thought their omission was weird, sue me. :yeshrug: