Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, thats not what was happening. Im not surprised by how naïve so many of yall are. Cant even pick up on blatant condescension.

Yeah she definitely wasn't trying to help Issa when she brought that up, if they weren't going through it she would've never said that.

If I called my boy - who's a lawyer - to tell him that my headliner for a major event I've been planning just dropped out, please believe the first questions out of his mouth would be about money and contract terms.
Now if he asked those questions in condescending tones cause we had some beef earlier, that's a whole other issue. I'd like to think I'd just get over it and get the free counsel cause I'm about my business. But lets not pretend the questions themselves were off base.
But, again, the backlash on Molly is interesting to me tho. Ya'll so mad about her tone that you don't even hear the words?

Daps
If I called my boy - who's a lawyer - to tell him that my headliner for a major event I've been planning just dropped out, please believe the first questions out of his mouth would be about money and contract terms.
Now if he asked those questions in condescending tones cause we had some beef earlier, that's a whole other issue. I'd like to think I'd just get over it and get the free counsel cause I'm about my business. But lets not pretend the questions themselves were off base.
But, again, the backlash on Molly is interesting to me tho. Ya'll so mad about her tone that you don't even hear the words?

how much do you know about contract disputes? Issa had maybe 3 weeks to get shyt done. Contract disputes can take months to hash out and costs tens of thousands of dollars to resolve. What was Molly gonna do aside from tell her to sue and give her a referral to an attorney that would begin the month long litigation process? Cuz Molly sure as hell wasnt gonna give up her billables to help.

And to head off your provable response. If Issa could find a lawyer that moment and file a breach of context dispute that day; the old performer would have between 7-14 days (I don’t recall what California’s law is off the top) to even respond to a breach accusation. If Issa’s attorney is on their shot and files a reply immediately, discovery would still take months. At which point Issa still has to find another headliner. Issa can you after the other headliner for breach of contract after the event finishes.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The ladies of Black Girl Podcast recently talked about the festival episode and it's a really dope convo. Starts around the 30 min mark.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
nikkas gonna be asking why we ain’t never see her do her hair yet she got all them different hairstyles. Ol I need to see you spend an hour each week washing and twisting ass nikkas

I'm not sure this sentence has ever been said before now :dead::dead::dead: