Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
This episode was filler. I learned nothing other than that Kyla Pratt still is looking good these days and that Issa has the worse luck. She tried to help a pregnant lady and she took a big L, she shouldn't have done that after seeing how much she was buying. Then she helped that old man and he was an ungrateful aggravating b*stard.

I was :russ: when shyt hit the girl with the painting.
I knew it was just a day dream though. There was no way that happened though I wish it did lol.

Who goes to a Paint and Sip event dolo? If she was sitting next to less friendly people she would be getting faded and painting by herself? :gucci:
Glad we finally got to spend some time with her Mom, it has been a bit weird she hasn't gotten any shine and she lives in the same city? Dunno I was close with my folks, if I dramatized my life they would be integral.

In the little wine down segment after the show Issa says that she never cared or was interested in a parental back story in shows on tv unless there was a reason and she felt that with the show at this point and time it was necessary. She said at this point and time Issa felt lost, she lost the core friendship in her life and since she felt she didn't know where to go she went to her mom. "Mom's know"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This episode was filler. I learned nothing other than that Kyla Pratt still is looking good these days and that Issa has the worse luck. She tried to help a pregnant lady and she took a big L, she shouldn't have done that after seeing how much she was buying. Then she helped that old man and he was an ungrateful aggravating b*stard.

I knew it was just a day dream though. There was no way that happened though I wish it did lol.

In the little wine down segment after the show Issa says that she never cared or was interested in a parental back story in shows on tv unless there was a reason and she felt that with the show at this point and time it was necessary. She said at this point and time Issa felt lost, she lost the core friendship in her life and since she felt she didn't know where to go she went to her mom. "Mom's know"
Yeah I saw that. But for realism sake alone a person who's parents are still alive, lives in the same city and are on good terms why would it take this long for any meaningful interaction? That's weird to me. :yeshrug:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i didn't realize i was only 4 years older than Kyla Pratt back in 2001 when she was on "One on One"...but she's so grown and sexy now. :takedat:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think that with 10 episodes, there is room for more experimental ones, and can create, in the short term, a kind of valley/peak effect, (as opposed to binge watching a season) I don't feel exactly that, I enjoyed every episode, but I can see where a big episode like the Thanksgiving one, and than a smaller one like the one after, followed by a tour de force episode like the Block Party, and now, this one. Where Issa kind of wanders LA alone, adrift, bit surreal Sort of like an "After Hours" in downtown LA.

And I will also say, regarding the Mom scene, I was deep in my feeling at some point in 2018, and just showed up at my Mom's house, and told her she had to listen to me for awhile. I told her about one girl, and then another, and another, and another, and by the end my Mom was looking at me crazy, but listened to the whole thing, and I felt better. I don't ask much of my Mom, but that night, I needed that space.

*I thought the middle eastern (?) woman in the group was beautiful

*I liked the twist, I like that the writing can be unexpected and odd like that

*Nothing is truer than trying to help people to change how you feel, when I was in recovery, there was a term, and there's a lot of goofy bullshyt too, but this one was "be of service", like Issa was trying to do.

Watching again

"is you a witch? It's cold in here"

"You want me to tell you, so you can tell the computer, so they can tell the government"

"He was passed out with an empty pill bottle, and before I could call 911, he popped up and said "I'm addicted to you"

:deadrose:

The girls at bar scene was a little sad, when those women were kind of seeing Issa (in a slightly over the top way) the way she wants to seen, and somewhat the way she deserves to be seen bu her friends, mostly Molly.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is the only episode that really felt like filler, but there were some decent takeaways from it. With how everything blew up, I think Issa is good by having a lil pride and not checking in with Molly. She tired of "being the bigger person"... that shyt is exhausting, speaking from experience.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Anyone else die laughing when the old man said "You wanna give a nikka help then help the nikka" :mjlol:
Breh saved the episode.
I've replayed that scene like 10 times already. :laff:If I'm a show writer/producer I'd be looking to give dude his own show. Haven't died laughing at something on a show like this in a while.