Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
A Molly episode next week? I’m good. I’m just gonna treat last week like a season finale and call it a season.
Which means that's 3 episodes without my dudes Lawrence or Chad in it:martin: Hope they learned from last season that his character benefits the show overall. This episode was kind of blah. Understandable given the quality of last week's episode. But let's not push it:comeon:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Mama always knows best.

It did feel like a filler episode though.

I don't think it was a filler episode per se, Issa's finally figuring out some things in her life and not actively trying to be a self-centered piece of shyt - but I do think less is more for this show. 8 episodes a season at 30 mins an episode seems about right.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Nah, Molly was on some bullshyt. And I'm saying that as someone who has been on Molly's side most of the time this season. Granted, her and Issae haven't been on the best terms lately but Molly should've put that aside considering the circumstances. Your best friend has been working on this huge project for almost half a year. This is probably the biggest thing she has ever done in her life. You have seen her pouring her heart and soul into this event. This could be a major turning point in her professional and personal life. This is also something that will benefit the whole community. And now due to unforeseen circumstances beyond her control, the project is in jeopardy. So, she's asking you to ask your boyfriend if he can use his business connections to book a replacement act. Are you really gonna let your best friend's dream fail just to teach her a lesson? A real friend is not gonna turn down a simple request knowing what's on the line. Molly had nothing to lose. She was just being petty. The best response would've been Molly to say, "I'll do what I can, BUT we have to have a serious conversation about our friendship." That's all that needed to be done.
Issa knew him before Molly was introduced. Issa had been avoiding Molly, and Issa knew they weren't on good terms. Instead of using her connection and having the hard conversation with Molly's dude she wanted to use Molly to handle the dirty work. Issa didn't Expect or respect her response.

We know why Molly is wrong, But Issa allowed her to have a voice in the matter and then did whatever she wanted.

Last edited:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Molly should've put that aside considering the circumstances ... Are you really gonna let your best friend's dream fail just to teach her a lesson? A real friend is not gonna turn down a simple request knowing what's on the line. Molly had nothing to lose. She was just being petty. The best response would've been Molly to say, "I'll do what I can, BUT we have to have a serious conversation about our friendship." That's all that needed to be done.
I like the show's writing cause the Molly situation is more nuanced than just "I don't like her right now so no." That kind of analysis is why I think there's so much backlash on Molly now. It's deeper than that.

Molly tried to help Issa initially - she's a successful lawyer asking for more info on the contract and its terms. Issa decided to dismiss all of that and just demand the quick fix. Now some part of Molly felt like she was just being used by a bad friend, but another part of Molly felt "She probably fukked up her last connect; she can't be bothered to even explain to me what happened; she'll fukk this one up too".

I have a handful of friends and family that I would never give a professional connect to cause I know it might come back to haunt me. I'd only do it if I had control over the situation. Sometimes you just gotta protect you and yours. The writers on the show are probably highly successful people so have been in that situation frequently. Most of the people involved in the backlash on Molly just can't relate. Your professional and personal network is an asset to be protected.