Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I forgot about this thread. Time to dive into the discussion and peruse the thread for comic ideas. Dont' worry, I'll give a shout out.

I drew/wrote this a couple of episodes ago:

Insecurr_-512x1024.jpg

Looks like I was right, she's already been broken up with. :dead:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Can we all agree that Condola is straight trash though?

I mean seriously, YOU decided to date Lawrence knowing good and goddamn WELL that Issa was his ex. Issa never did anything to fukk up her and Lawrence’s “thing”. Her OWN homegirl did that by dishing out dirt that she should have kept to herself. So whats Issa got to do with any of that?

The character was just used as fodder to get Lawrence to have his “epiphany” about perhaps wanting to get back with Issa.
I don’t think Condola ducked Issa due to anything Issa did, she more so is in a weird spot where she feels like Lawrence is about to or wants to be back with Issa, and that creates a weird dynamic for her to still be around Issa not knowing what her and Lawrence have going on. Either way, it’s a much more confusing, vulnerable, insecure, emotional place to be in, not just some petty anger/backlash toward Issa.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This article makes it clear why layoffs are hard on shows. I think people forget all the shyt molly did to hold Issa down as well as the ways Issa dissed Molly. It’s also weird because they kinda had some tension brewing by the end of last season, they picked up where they left off, but being 18 months later breaks the momentum.

both of them have clear flaws, they don’t seem to have been able to tell one another about themselves constructively throughout their friendship (as opposed to letting it all come to a head like Sunday night) and they both don’t know how to support the growth/new version of themselves

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This Molly, Issa beef been brewing since season 1. They been at each others throat and something brings them back together. Just bitterness :mjpls:

Lowkey they both jealous of Tiffany :lolbron:

I mean, episode 1 of the series started with Issa rapping about Molly's wack ass p*ssy :yeshrug:

These hoes been needing to come to blows for a while now

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Disagree here too, there’s a reason they say don’t mix business and pleasure. A friend is not obligated to mix you on a professional level with their s/o or other friends/contacts, especially if you’ve proven over and over again to not be very professional/responsible. Sure it would be nice, but I’d completely understand if a friend didn’t want to make an intro for me in an area where I either had no expertise or if I was a known fukk up. :manny:

Ive actually had a friend decline to do an intro for me since she knew I didn’t have the work experience needed for the role, made sense to me that she wasn’t comfortable with co-signing me to that person directly. No harm no foul. Your network (inclusive of friends) is there for you to ask, they’re not obligated to you tho.
This was my entire viewpoint. People seem to be on some selfish bullshyt of "if you don't do me a favor we can't be friends" type of mindset. That ain't a friend to me. My ex was bad about that shyt. You could do her 100 favors but the second somebody would tell her no she'd flip and say that person ain't a real friend and how she can't trust them.

I go back to if this event turned out to be some bullshyt, now Vince Staples name is attached to a disaster and would be the one getting the negative PR from it which could blow back on Andrew. It was far from a win/win situation.

Daps
This was my entire viewpoint. People seem to be on some selfish bullshyt of "if you don't do me a favor we can't be friends" type of mindset. That ain't a friend to me. My ex was bad about that shyt. You could do her 100 favors but the second somebody would tell her no she'd flip and say that person ain't a real friend and how she can't trust them.

I go back to if this event turned out to be some bullshyt, now Vince Staples name is attached to a disaster and would be the one getting the negative PR from it which could blow back on Andrew. It was far from a win/win situation.

I think this view discounts Andrew’s common sense and agency. Issa had to have show Andrew something that made him feel comfortable sending the e-mail to Vince’s manager. Hell, I’d say what ever she showed him had to have been amazing, given that Molly has probably mentioned that Issa is generally a fukk up.

And again, I don’t think Molly was wrong for refusing to ask. And I think Issa was selfish for asking, given the state of Molly and Andrews relationship at that point. But Molly was all the way left for everything after that.