Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Your posts in general seems like you look for the negative, and you saying you look at character flaws in people supports that. Do you, but I just don’t agree with many of your points in here
That’s cool. I have polarizing views. It’s just a discussion. We all bring our own biases and experiences into it.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Please STFU...just because you’ve dated messy chicks doesn’t mean women don’t have healthy, real, lasting friendships. I’ve never fallen out with any friend, I’ve had some where we’ve grown apart due to time, distance, differing life paths, but I don’t beef with friends nor do my friends beef with one other or their other friends.

:yeshrug: All women are messy to some extent. And a lot of y'all don't fall out because its just a bunch of passive aggressiveness as we have seen between Issa and Molly. And just because you've been able to keep your friends, it doesn't mean they ain't talking shyt about you behind your back to their man.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don’t post in here a lot, so some of y’all must have seasons worth of hate for molly or you’re actively choosing to not see what a shyt person Issa is as well. I see both their faults, but some posters in here go 100 mph on molly and never seem to ever call out Issa’s faults. Interesting
I'm #LawrenceHive so I take pleasure in shytting on Issa when need be.

But in this specific situation, I am riding with Issa because I can relate what she's dealing with. I know some Molly types irl so that's why I'm legit like fukk her after that last episode.

I wasn't tripping over her not asking Andrew to help Issa, but her reacting like that because Issa leveraged her other connections to get help just totally blew me.

:manny:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:yeshrug: All women are messy to some extent. And a lot of y'all don't fall out because its just a bunch of passive aggressiveness as we have seen between Issa and Molly. And just because you've been able to keep your friends, it doesn't mean they ain't talking shyt about you behind your back to their man.
This is really how you think women are...says a lot about the women in your life.

:ld:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Molly said her reason - it might not make sense but she at least explained the why: She wanted to keep Andrew out of the mix with Issa's event. Now Andrew clearly didn't have any issue doing her a favor; so I don't get why Molly had a huge outburst, but I understand why Molly felt a type of way - Issa wanted access to Andrew and his contacts, Molly said no, she didn't feel comfortable doing that so Issa went another route to get access to Andrew.

It's also interesting how Issa really has nothing to do with Nathan until lo and behold, her ass is under the fire and she needs something so she reaches out to an old connection.

All that being said, it was totally out of line to bring all this up at the event. Any grievances should have been aired afterward - preferably in private. Molly has very poor impulse control.

Kinda like how Nathan ghosted Issa until lo and behold he got horny again at the end of last season and showed up with that weak ass excuse.

One good turn deserves another:yeshrug:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
it was such a non issue he didn’t even bother to tell Molly that he did it. Molly’s reaction proved that she was more mad about Issa finally not fukking up. Andrew has got to be thinking that’s she’s crazy now.

Had Molly waited till they were in private and be like, “Issa asked me about having you help her out, but I told her no because I didn’t want to put a strain on our relationship, and I’m upset at her for still finding a way to do so.” I think he’d have been receptive, probably apologize, and pointed how it wasn’t a big deal, that Issa had to have put in work to even get him to make the call, and that all he did was make a call. But that’s too thoughtful, and I don’t think Molly would have handled it well.
End thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Can we all agree that Condola is straight trash though?

I mean seriously, YOU decided to date Lawrence knowing good and goddamn WELL that Issa was his ex. Issa never did anything to fukk up her and Lawrence’s “thing”. Her OWN homegirl did that by dishing out dirt that she should have kept to herself. So whats Issa got to do with any of that?

The character was just used as fodder to get Lawrence to have his “epiphany” about perhaps wanting to get back with Issa.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Part of the shows running theme has been immaturity, and also (obviously) insecurity. Many people, regardless of age and status, are just not mature enough to best handle the emotional/personal/business/financial issues that adult life increasingly throws at you. Condola acted incredibly immaturely by not answering Issa's calls, when it was about a black event for the neighborhood, that she had committed to.

Issa and Condola should have been more gracious when they saw each other, both did ok, but Condola should have apologized, and Issa should have thanked her for all her help and support. Makes everyone look better. Being petty almost never benefits anyone.

The run into someone in person who has been ghosting you (for no real reason) is always a bit awkward. Happens to me, time to time, with women, never serious, but I may send an invite text, and get no reply, and run into her, and she's like can we go out this week? Or something, but never acknowledging. It's always a question to address it or not. I have done both, always with a smile on my face, because it's never worth being mad over.