Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part of the shows running theme has been immaturity, and also (obviously) insecurity. Many people, regardless of age and status, are just not mature enough to best handle the emotional/personal/business/financial issues that adult life increasingly throws at you. Condola acted incredibly immaturely by not answering Issa's calls, when it was about a black event for the neighborhood, that she had committed to.

Issa and Condola should have been more gracious when they saw each other, both did ok, but Condola should have apologized, and Issa should have thanked her for all her help and support. Makes everyone look better. Being petty almost never benefits anyone.

The run into someone in person who has been ghosting you (for no real reason) is always a bit awkward. Happens to me, time to time, with women, never serious, but I may send an invite text, and get no reply, and run into her, and she's like can we go out this week? Or something, but never acknowledging. It's always a question to address it or not. I have done both, always with a smile on my face, because it's never worth being mad over.

Condola actually did apologized and thanked her.

Daps
Issa went back to Nathan because she was the one person that believed in her.

I meant as far as the vision for the block party my bad

I don’t think you can discount Lawrence on “believing in her.” He gave her the tip about the class in season 3. And he seemed supportive this season. He was dating the person she was working with, so I think he rightly chose to limit contacts with her.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's also interesting how Issa really has nothing to do with Nathan until lo and behold, her ass is under the fire and she needs something so she reaches out to an old connection.

ok cool...not just me

...and (not @ you) this goes back to why molly didn’t want to ask duke that favor...same way cats are thinking issa is using nathan...under the circumstances @ the time duke might've felt molly was using him if she asked she for that favor when they hooked up right after that argument they had

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Molly the type of person that had Issa went to Nathan first about asking for Andrew's help she would have been like, "I can't believe she didn't come to me for help first"

You can't win with people like that.

:heh:

This....

Molly is just a miserable ass bird....

Issa isnt perfect but molly be making up fake boundaries and fake beef constantly. She a frenemy at this point...I drop ppl like her from my circle, can't fukk with that type of energy

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Molly's selfish argument has overlooked Condola and her own headassery. What does Lawrence and you breaking up got to do with you answering a phone and working on a project? What does that have to do with you two?

"I'm here to check the vendors."

bytch. :mjtf:
She probably thinks Issa played a factor in Lawrence breaking up with her.