Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Keeping it a buck, the favors that Issa need were regular friend type shyt. Nothing extra. The first and only person she really pressed with a favor was Daniel when she needed a place to live. And they were kinda sorta dating at first. The shyt she asked of Molly has been little petty shyt “Go ask Lawrence this. Bring a bottle to my crib. You got the check right?”

That ain’t no real favors amongst real friends. Unless I missed something, she ain’t pressed Molly for shyt and only asked her to talk to Andrew. The fact is, Molly only knows Andrew through Issa so when she decided that she don’t fukk with Issa then whatever “boundaries” you thought were there are officially grounded once you cut that friend off. She can’t be mad at Issa for using her own connect. Again, Andrew only knows Molly through Issa. Issa knows Andrew through Nathan. If you don’t fukk with me, cool. I know where I stand. That shyt not stopping my grind though.

I said Molly should’ve got slapped at Tiffany’s house when she was trying to make it look like Issa was fukking Lawrence to their friends to be messy. Since she didn’t, she tried to buck at her event. That’s why you regulate bytches on the spot before it escalates like it did tonight.

As a reference I don’t have much but I’ve let stay at my crib to get out of the hood, lent homies money, let homies drive my car with no expectations back but if I were in a bind I could ask any of the, for these same favors. If you keeping tally on your friends and what you have lent to them your not a real friend. No friend can stop a relationship from succeeding.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ain’t someone in here say their girl was one of the artists on stage? What’s her name, I liked her song

To the episode, while I rode with Molly not doing the favor last week, she was dead wrong for flipping out that Issa went another route and even more wrong for blowing up at her event like that.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
If I ask my homeboy to ask his gf/wife for a favor for me and he says it isn't cool and doesn't want to involve her,. I'd respect that. What I wouldn't do is basically ask someone else that is going to default to asking her anyway.

That wasn't cool, but I'm not surprised most women think that was ok though. If you've dated women long enough you learn their "friendships" aren't real and that operate differently.

It is surprising so many men here think it's ok but then again people think they are above respecting boundaries and selfish to their own needs these days.

I will say Molly was wrong for addressing it at the block party though. That could have waited.
Thing is as a man if my homie need something I’m gone do whatever I can to get it to him even if that means me asking my girl. As long as it’s legal I don’t see why you can’t just ask especially when your partner gets good out of it as well.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don’t know how Andrew could rock with her after seeing how she acted tonight. He already been ready to walk on her several times before this. The look on his face was “What now :beli:“ when Molly started up with the bullshyt. If I’m in that situation, I’m ghosting shorty. Thinking to myself that this bytch too messy. Starts petty squabbles, unreasonable in most situations, beefing with her friend in public and starting a mini riot over some shyt that ain’t got nothing to do with her. Molly a weak ass bytch. That job ain’t enough of a saving grace to put up with her shyt. Especially since he got his good job.
This post is so off...

It’s clear her and Issa ain’t been right, so it’s easy for him to understand how on edge she is and that maybe he should’ve stayed out of it. It was wrong of molly to go off, but that ain’t a walk away from your relationship situation

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If I ask my homeboy to ask his gf/wife for a favor for me and he says it isn't cool and doesn't want to involve her,. I'd respect that. What I wouldn't do is basically ask someone else that is going to default to asking her anyway.

That wasn't cool, but I'm not surprised most women think that was ok though. If you've dated women long enough you learn their "friendships" aren't real and that operate differently.

It is surprising so many men here think it's ok but then again people think they are above respecting boundaries and selfish to their own needs these days.

I will say Molly was wrong for addressing it at the block party though. That could have waited.
Please STFU...just because you’ve dated messy chicks doesn’t mean women don’t have healthy, real, lasting friendships. I’ve never fallen out with any friend, I’ve had some where we’ve grown apart due to time, distance, differing life paths, but I don’t beef with friends nor do my friends beef with one other or their other friends.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
We can stop right there. Molly and Issa were no longer friends after Molly declined. Evidenced by Molly telling Andrew "you know we not cool" when she got mad at him for helping Issa. And also evidenced by Issa when she told Nathan "I dont fukk with Molly anymore". If thats you and your "homeboy" in this situation, that aint your homeboy by the end of that call.
:yeshrug:
Disagree here too, there’s a reason they say don’t mix business and pleasure. A friend is not obligated to mix you on a professional level with their s/o or other friends/contacts, especially if you’ve proven over and over again to not be very professional/responsible. Sure it would be nice, but I’d completely understand if a friend didn’t want to make an intro for me in an area where I either had no expertise or if I was a known fukk up. :manny:

Ive actually had a friend decline to do an intro for me since she knew I didn’t have the work experience needed for the role, made sense to me that she wasn’t comfortable with co-signing me to that person directly. No harm no foul. Your network (inclusive of friends) is there for you to ask, they’re not obligated to you tho.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This post is so off...

It’s clear her and Issa ain’t been right, so it’s easy for him to understand how on edge she is and that maybe he should’ve stayed out of it. It was wrong of molly to go off, but that ain’t a walk away from your relationship situation
How you gonna tell me my post is off about what I would’ve done? :gucci:
Some people put up with bullshyt. I don’t. I could cut a mofo off like it’s nothing. I pay attention to character flaws in people unlike most. It’s why I don’t get taken advantage of or waste my time on people. Y’all can put up with the drama, I’m not. Doesn’t have to be me you doing it to. It’s all the same. Ain’t shyt is ain’t shyt.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Molly said her reason - it might not make sense but she at least explained the why: She wanted to keep Andrew out of the mix with Issa's event. Now Andrew clearly didn't have any issue doing her a favor; so I don't get why Molly had a huge outburst, but I understand why Molly felt a type of way - Issa wanted access to Andrew and his contacts, Molly said no, she didn't feel comfortable doing that so Issa went another route to get access to Andrew.

It's also interesting how Issa really has nothing to do with Nathan until lo and behold, her ass is under the fire and she needs something so she reaches out to an old connection.

All that being said, it was totally out of line to bring all this up at the event. Any grievances should have been aired afterward - preferably in private. Molly has very poor impulse control.
Well they didn’t really end on a good note with him ghosting her/having anxiety and her just being a general “need to find myself” ass person

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How you gonna tell me my post is off about what I would’ve done? :gucci:
Some people put up with bullshyt. I don’t. I could cut a mofo off like it’s nothing. I pay attention to character flaws in people unlike most. It’s why I don’t get taken advantage of or waste my time on people. Y’all can put up with the drama, I’m not. Doesn’t have to be me you doing it to. It’s all the same. Ain’t shyt is ain’t shyt.
Your posts in general seems like you look for the negative, and you saying you look at character flaws in people supports that. Do you, but I just don’t agree with many of your points in here

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Disagree here too, there’s a reason they say don’t mix business and pleasure. A friend is not obligated to mix you on a professional level with their s/o or other friends/contacts, especially if you’ve proven over and over again to not be very professional/responsible. Sure it would be nice, but I’d completely understand if a friend didn’t want to make an intro for me in an area where I either had no expertise or if I was a known fukk up. :manny:

Ive actually had a friend decline to do an intro for me since she knew I didn’t have the work experience needed for the role, made sense to me that she wasn’t comfortable with co-signing me to that person directly. No harm no foul. Your network (inclusive of friends) is there for you to ask, they’re not obligated to you tho.
I don’t know how this is a response to me. I’ve said I actually don’t have a problem with Molly deciding not to ask Andrew for relationships sake.