Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Need more of her brother. I keep saying it. They could give him a few more minutes of screen time like they do kelly. All that wasted dialogue from the new father (forgot his name, Lawrence’s friend) talking about somebody gonna try and finger fukk his daughter one day they could’ve gave that to Issa brother

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I won’t say for no reason. It’s a whack reason. She’s mad because Issa and Lawrence are cool and she believes she can’t compete with a 5-year relationship. Not accounting for the fact that Lawrence ain’t want Issa and Condola to be cool in the first place. Another point is Issa and Lawrence just very recently became cordial.

Condola wanted her cake and eat it too. She wanted Lawrence for dikk appointments and an occasional night out. She only mad bc her friend revealed it to him.

Then she tried to flip the script "b-b-bu-bu-but if Issa never cheated y'all would be together :damn::usure::jawalrus::sadcam:"

Now she punishing Issa by flaking on the event :camby:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
1. I'm not going to argue semantics, we can agree to disagree. But again if my friend isn't willing to ask their significant other for a favor that I'm requesting that tells me they are off limits. And not to go find another avenue for them to do the favor for me. And then don't ever mention it to my friend.

Molly knows how Issa gets down better than everyone. I have a friend like Issa and I'd never let her involve my gf in any of her shyt. Molly wouldn't have had to get messy if Issa respected her wishes to begin with.
:deadmanny: He obliterated your point. There was no grey area semantics. She said what she said.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
1500x500

I'll give it a chance
Looks corny

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
it was such a non issue he didn’t even bother to tell Molly that he did it. Molly’s reaction proved that she was more mad about Issa finally not fukking up. Andrew has got to be thinking that’s she’s crazy now.

Had Molly waited till they were in private and be like, “Issa asked me about having you help her out, but I told her no because I didn’t want to put a strain on our relationship, and I’m upset at her for still finding a way to do so.” I think he’d have been receptive, probably apologize, and pointed how it wasn’t a big deal, that Issa had to have put in work to even get him to make the call, and that all he did was make a call. But that’s too thoughtful, and I don’t think Molly would have handled it well.
Someone who gets it. I’m not understanding how people don’t see that shyt. It wasn’t about her relationship with Andrew. shyt was about Molly having control over Issa doing well. She don’t give a single fukk about Andrew.

Issa a fukk up is no doubt. Molly saw this as an opportunity to keep Issa where she wanted he, which is beneath her.

You want to know how I know, Andrew didn’t even vat a eye at helping her.

Last edited:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
And this is another source of Molly's resentment low key.

Molly is a lawyer, making a lot more bread than Issa is, but she's never happy. She sees Issa doing something that she's really passionate about, and she's doing it her way and Molly is waiting to see everything fall apart.

It's a classic case of the self centered corporate professional looking down on the ambitious entrepreneur trying make a difference in their community because in a way it makes them feel empty. There's a lot of layers to Issa and Molly's relationship unraveling. The writers have done a great job of portraying it IMO.
The funny thing is, people like Molly who got to where that being like that. They have that drive to be a go getter. Problem is they will never be happy. They will literally get in their own way.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Exactly - why is she even dealing with him then? Because she was in between a rock and a hard place and needed help and was prepared to take it from any source. I'm surprised she didn't call Daniel's ass up :russ:

I would have preferred Daniel came back instead of Nathan. Bum ass Nate rolled through for 5 minutes and didn’t push the issue when she told him not to stay; he scooted right the fukk up outta there :russ:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Someone who gets. I’m not understanding how people don’t see that shyt. It wasn’t about her relation with Andrew. shyt was about Molly having control over Issa doing well. She don’t give a single fukk about Andrew.

Issa a fukk up is no doubt. Molly saw this as an opportunity to keep Issa where she wanted he, which is beneath her.

You want to know how I know, Andrew didn’t even vat a eye at helping her.

the worst type of “friends” the kind that only like to see you do worse than them

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Crying real tears at this convo between Kellie, issa’s brother and Amine :bryan:

nikka said Bank of America :mjlol:

Edit: wait I need that song them chicks were rapping on stage lol

kellie vs ahmal is one the greatest side stories on tv in a minute :lolbron:.

“ hi ahmal, I’m here too :usure:

:comeon: I saw you”

“Why don’t you try drowning yourself :mjgrin:?”

“You 1st :troll: