1500x500

I'll give it a chance

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This notion of Issa being a fukk up gotta stop. She quit We Got Yall. Quit when they had finally acknowledged how much she was doing but she wanted to do more than what they were allowing. She didnt get fired, she quit. She quit so she could find something she was more passionate about. And she did, the block party. Was driving Lyft and apartment managing to pay the bills while she grinded for the block party.

Y'all got your capes flapping for this bum bytch cause y'all dislike Molly so much. She's a straight loser.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Another very impressive episode, and pretty exemplary of the show as a whole, as it did an event episode, covering all the cast at a single gathering, unfolding over the course of few hours. I came home in the middle of the night, and watched, so I may need to run it back. I love how the show does the parties that fade into night, probably by design to showcase the fading light, and the gorgeous camera work of Matsoukas. This is probably the third episode to end with a bittersweet note after a long party goes into the night. Beautiful shots, music, cameos, Vince Staples, Sir, probably one I missed.

Molly vs Issa doesn't need to be an epic battle, (on here lol) as the show will repair the friendship, they were close to reconciling anyway, until Molly lost it. Sometimes people trying to be healthy, mis-use the concepts they are learning, like boundaries are healthy, but a random, seemingly cruel business/personal boundary was pretty unnecessary with a life long friend, and a pretty easy ask. I am showing the respect to approach YOU first for someone we have in common. In business, you lean on your strongest position, until you have the connect yourself, and have a relationship.

And of course, Molly and Issa have some resentments that they need to process, and clearly Molly's played a role in how she handled both the favor, and the fall out. Issa has moved forward, and Molly really has too, but she has a blind spot where her friendships are concerned.

*how hilarious was Kelli's little charade?

*How gorgeous was Tiffany? If I was to date any character, in the show's universe, it would be her

*issa always has the dopest shirts

*eating the budget ass quesedilla?! What a perfect, forgotten relatable moment. I remember doing that too.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And this is another source of Molly's resentment low key.

Molly is a lawyer, making a lot more bread than Issa is, but she's never happy. She sees Issa doing something that she's really passionate about, and she's doing it her way and Molly is waiting to see everything fall apart.

It's a classic case of the self centered corporate professional looking down on the ambitious entrepreneur trying make a difference in their community because in a way it makes them feel empty. There's a lot of layers to Issa and Molly's relationship unraveling. The writers have done a great job of portraying it IMO.

Mmm . . . that's deep I didn't think of this angle but I seen it play out in real life before. Good call.
Molly was buggin', going at Issa at the end. She visibly saw Vince Staples manager say 'Thank You' to Andrew. It helped their cause to, Andrew just set up a win/win situation. Molly was bugging A) Even being mad but B) Doing it at the event. Sad and I was team Molly earlier in the season. BUT I gotta say Molly was looking sexy as hell at the Block Party. :takedat:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Good ep

There was no reason for Molly to get mad at Issa. Molly wouldn't help, so Issa got her ex to help. I am not understanding the issue.

Issa been treating Molly shytty all season, so I get why Molly had the pent up anger, but it should not have been at that. And not at Issa's event.

Molly said her reason - it might not make sense but she at least explained the why: She wanted to keep Andrew out of the mix with Issa's event. Now Andrew clearly didn't have any issue doing her a favor; so I don't get why Molly had a huge outburst, but I understand why Molly felt a type of way - Issa wanted access to Andrew and his contacts, Molly said no, she didn't feel comfortable doing that so Issa went another route to get access to Andrew.

It's also interesting how Issa really has nothing to do with Nathan until lo and behold, her ass is under the fire and she needs something so she reaches out to an old connection.

All that being said, it was totally out of line to bring all this up at the event. Any grievances should have been aired afterward - preferably in private. Molly has very poor impulse control.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Molly said her reason - it might not make sense but she at least explained the why: She wanted to keep Andrew out of the mix with Issa's event. Now Andrew clearly didn't have any issue doing her a favor; so I don't get why Molly had a huge outburst, but I understand why Molly felt a type of way - Issa wanted access to Andrew and his contacts, Molly said no, she didn't feel comfortable doing that so Issa went another route to get access to Andrew.

It's also interesting how Issa really has nothing to do with Nathan until lo and behold, her ass is under the fire and she needs something so she reaches out to an old connection.

All that being said, it was totally out of line to bring all this up at the event. Any grievances should have been aired afterward - preferably in private. Molly has very poor impulse control.
This is my only problem with this episode. Not that Issa would do that, but it was a plot vehicle. No one misses Nathan, and we won't see Nathan again after that episode. His only purpose was to advance the storyline.

I also understand why Molly felt that way. I get why she was upset, but Issa showed she didn't need Molly. IMO, that was Molly's issue above all else.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is my only problem with this episode. Not that Issa would do that, but it was a plot vehicle. No one misses Nathan, and we won't see Nathan again after that episode. His only purpose was to advance the storyline.

I didn't to be honest - it really highlights Issa's selfish and manipulative nature. She only deals with people when it can benefit her