Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you agree with Molly in this case, in my opinion you're a bit of a weirdo.

:hubie:

I'm sorry, if nobody else has told you that, then I'm here to.

Molly didn't want to help, ok cool. But to really justify why Molly should be mad after Issa figures out a way to find help/solution without her just tells me some people really are petty and unreasonable. Issa is putting on an event that's requires a network and her utilizing that network.

Molly wasn't comfortable doing it, but Nathan was. What the fukk is the problem?

:heh:

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Molly knows how Issa gets down better than everyone. I have a friend like Issa and I'd never let her involve my gf in any of her shyt. Molly wouldn't have had to get messy if Issa respected her wishes to begin with.
Yeah but you can't be the one to make it messy yourself and then say "see I knew this would happen" when you're the one making it messy like Molly was. If Molly didn't blow up it would've been a great night for everyone all around. It was Molly that made it messy. Like I said above I could totally see why Molly would be mad BUT she's the one who blew it up at that point.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Molly wouldn’t even know Andrew if it wasn’t for Issa hooking up with Nathan. Molly told Issa that SHE was uncomfortable asking Andrew so Issa went through Nathan. The fact that Issa has to go through an ex f$ck buddy that ghosted her, instead of her alleged friend is a problem in itself.

And I seriously want to know who Issa used. IMO, the guy that ghosted her, and the only one who believed in her, can do her a solid given the way he ditched her. As far as favors are concerned, do we really expect large scale events to be one man shows? No one could get that done without utilizing their network & that’s what Issa did.

And Molly does not own Andrew. That grown man can decide if he wants to give an assist to a friend of a friend. Molly is too controlling & made a successfully event all about her. I can’t stand her!
I'm just seeing this post, I made one before reading this, but you're 100% right.

People really have so much pride to where their integrity starts being lowered. Molly was mad because deep down, she wanted Issa to fail and "learn a lesson".

Issa is a problem solver, and when Molly closed one door she sat down and figured out another way in. It's not like Nathan was the first person she reached out to. She called multiple people looking for help.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Yeah but you can't be the one to make it messy yourself and then say "see I knew this would happen" when you're the one making it messy like Molly was. If Molly didn't blow up it would've been a great night for everyone all around. It was Molly that made it messy. Like I said above I could totally see why Molly would be mad BUT she's the one who blew it up at that point.

Yeah I originally stated she was in the wrong for addressing it when she did, but I can't ignore how we got to that point. There is blame to go around in regards to the entire situation. There was obviously a lack of communication between Molly, Issa and Andrew for this to not have been mentioned once in about a months time. Almost unrealistic for Andrew to not have mentioned to Molly at all. But the writing on this show is another argument.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
If you agree with Molly in this case, in my opinion you're a bit of a weirdo.

:hubie:

I'm sorry, if nobody else has told you that, then I'm here to.

Molly didn't want to help, ok cool. But to really justify why Molly should be mad after Issa figures out a way to find help/solution without her just tells me some people really are petty and unreasonable people. Issa is putting on an event that's requires a network and her utilizing that network.

Molly wasn't comfortable doing it, but Nathan was. What the fukk is the problem?

:heh:
I get it from Molly's perspective. If things turned out bad now Molly is in the middle having to choose between her man and her best friend. That's a shytty position to be in. Especially since Issa has been portrayed as unreliable business wise so she told Issa she wanted to keep the two separate. Issa going around her is shady. From the way Issa was scrambling it's not a shock that Molly expected her to fail and also understandable she wouldn't want her man being involved in the failure.

Seems a lot of people have the selfish attitude of people "hating" and not wanting to help them no matter what instead of asking why someone wouldn't want to help.

Also I think one difference is Issa having Molly ask Andrew on some favor shyt instead of asking for a meeting where she can approach him on the business tip.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
If I ask my homeboy to ask his gf/wife for a favor for me and he says it isn't cool and doesn't want to involve her,. I'd respect that. What I wouldn't do is basically ask someone else that is going to default to asking her anyway.

That wasn't cool, but I'm not surprised most women think that was ok though. If you've dated women long enough you learn their "friendships" aren't real and that operate differently.

It is surprising so many men here think it's ok but then again people think they are above respecting boundaries and selfish to their own needs these days.

I will say Molly was wrong for addressing it at the block party though. That could have waited.

For one, Andrew isn’t Molly’s husband. He’s been an exclusive boyfriend for a whole two months.

I think the difference for me is that if I’m someone’s friend, and I witnessed them struggling all throughout their adulthood, if they finally have a way to win, I would assist them. If my support is based on some unspoken, assumably temporary beef, then me not helping them is my signal that I have finally left the friendship permanently.

Furthermore, in earlier episodes, we see Andrew being pressed about a work problem that he won’t discuss with Molly. Who’s to say that this win with Issa was what he needed to get back into good graces with his job?

But does Molly consider that this was a mutually beneficial business arrangement for Andrew? Did she even consider that it was only a quick phone call that got the job done? Did she consider that Andrew had no issue with making said call? Did she consider that, not only did she embarrass Issa in front of sponsors, but she also made Andrew look bad at a work event? Of course not! Because Molly is only & forever concerned with Molly.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:patrice:They were both wrong. Issa was a shytty friend and circumvented Molly's rule in order to keep her event from failing. She went through Nathan to get to Andrew and then exclaimed that she doesn't fukk w Molly lol. That's some wild shyt :whoo:

Molly, on the other hand, was a shytty friend bc she didn't realize the amount of effort that Issa was putting into her event to be a success. Andrew saw the shyt and was good with it. Then when she found out about Andrew helping behind her back, she flipped out and fukked up the whole day. That's some wild shyt bc she could have had that discussion afterwards instead of causing a scene

They could have communicated better to get a feel of each other and what they were going through. Wild that Molly would have let Issa's event fail though :sas1:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:patrice:I think Lawrence and Condola not together no more. In the process of that argument/conversation he had with her in the kitchen, he admitted he still had feelings for Issa, and Condola stepping all the way away from Lawrence and Issa.

Mufukkin Condola said fukk y'all messy ass nikkas :mjgrin:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
For one, Andrew isn’t Molly’s husband. He’s been an exclusive boyfriend for a whole two months.

I think the difference for me is that if I’m someone’s friend, and I witnessed them struggling all throughout their adulthood, if they finally have a way to win, I would assist them. If my support is based on some unspoken, assumably temporary beef, then me not helping them is my signal that I have finally left the friendship permanently.

Furthermore, in earlier episodes, we see Andrew being pressed about a work problem that he won’t discuss with Molly. Who’s to say that this win with Issa was what he needed to get back into good graces with his job?

But does Molly consider that this was a mutually beneficial business arrangement for Andrew? Did she even consider that it was only a quick phone call that got the job done? Did she consider that Andrew had no issue with making said call? Did she consider that, not only did she embarrass Issa in front of sponsors, but she also made Andrew look bad at a work event? Of course not! Because Molly is only & forever concerned with Molly.

You are a female poster right?

Yeah you don't get to determine the time frame/status on when you have to respect your friends wishes when it comes to who they are dating.

Her helping or choosing not to help Issa wasn't based on a temporary beef. If that's what you think it was about then you really aren't paying attention.

And just an fyi don't ever volunteer someone your dating to do something just because you jump to the conclusion they need that win for their business. Andrew received one phone call and you assume he is struggling at work lmao.

I'm always a person down to support and assist my friends in their endeavors. I'm glad none of them make me feel I'm responsible for their events being successful or not. Some how it seems a lot of you think it was part of Molly's job to make sure Issa had a successful event. It's not.

Daps
You are a female poster right?

Yeah you don't get to determine the time frame/status on when you have to respect your friends wishes when it comes to who they are dating.

Her helping or choosing not to help Issa wasn't based on a temporary beef. If that's what you think it was about then you really aren't paying attention.

And just an fyi don't ever volunteer someone your dating to do something just because you jump to the conclusion they need that win for their business. Andrew received one phone call and you assume he is struggling at work lmao.

I'm always a person down to support and assist my friends in their endeavors. I'm glad none of them make me feel I'm responsible for their events being successful or not. Some how it seems a lot of you think it was part of Molly's job to make sure Issa had a successful event. It's not.

That poster being female is irrelevant to the conversation. She and I were in a strong disagreement about the one true king, Lawrence a few pages back.

Andrew helping out shows a level of maturity that Molly and Issa are nowhere near. He knew Issa and Molly had been friends since forever, and that shyt wasn’t great at the moment. There wasn’t a big falling out. He probably assumed that eventually they’d stop being babies and be cool again, and treated the situation as such.

And I think you’re reading way more into what happened than actual happened. Issa asked for a favor and Molly said no. Issa didn’t really comprehend the size and scope of what she was asking. It could have been Andrew sending an e-mail or it might have been more involved. Molly being aware of that rightfully said no. I would have said no. But I wouldn’t be mad if my friend found a way to use a connection they already had to get a meeting with a person I wouldn’t introduce them too.

and we can call just look at Andrew? His reaction highlights how absurd and overt the top Molly was? It clearly wasn’t a big ask for him and he had no problem helping Issa out. Are we gonna see Molly go off on him for sending an e-mail for Issa?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If anything, this Block Party event and the dynamics around it really exposed a lot of black people's issues when it comes to us looking out for our communities, and the underlying reasons why in most cases, "we can't have nice shyt".

Why do black people make up all these rules around showing love and helping each other?

Why is there politics preventing support from friends?

Why are our good ideas given life by new people/sponsors but doubted by friends?

Why shouldn't we ask our people for help or a cosign?

Why are we expected to do it on our own when that's not how things work for anybody else?

I cannot stand people like Molly. It's not just a women thing either, because I know men who act like this. We create all of this unnecessary competition against each other's success that we all just make everything harder for one another.

And on top of that, if I had a personal conflict to where I didn't want to involve my partner/spouse in a business endeavor, I would make that known like Molly did, but I would still want my people to win even without my involvement. It literally burned Molly up that Issa had her moment without needing her which is fukked up.

Last edited:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
That poster being female is irrelevant to the conversation. She and I were in a strong disagreement about the one true king, Lawrence a few pages back.

Andrew helping out shows a level of maturity that Molly and Issa are nowhere near. He knew Issa and Molly had been friends since forever, and that shyt wasn’t great at the moment. There wasn’t a big falling out. He probably assumed that eventually they’d stop being babies and be cool again, and treated the situation as such.

And I think you’re reading way more into what happened than actual happened. Issa asked for a favor and Molly said no. Issa didn’t really comprehend the size and scope of what she was asking. It could have been Andrew sending an e-mail or it might have been more involved. Molly being aware of that rightfully said no. I would have said no. But I wouldn’t be mad if my friend found a way to use a connection they already had to get a meeting with a person I wouldn’t introduce them too.

and we can call just look at Andrew? His reaction highlights how absurd and overt the top Molly was? It clearly wasn’t a big ask for him and he had no problem helping Issa out. Are we gonna see Molly go off on him for sending an e-mail for Issa?

Thank you! To add insult to injury, rewatch episode 1. Molly introduces Andrew as a part of Issa’s network when Issa was down on herself for not having a contacts like Condola.

Everything has to be on Molly’s terms. From Issa to Andrew & even her dad. She’s an energy drainer.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
If anything, this Block Party event and the dynamics around it really exposed a lot of black people's issues when I comes to us looking out for our communities, and the underlying reasons why in most cases, "we can't have nice shyt".

Why do black people make up all these rules around showing love and helping each other?

Why is there politics preventing support from friends?

Why are our good ideas given life by new people/sponsors but doubted by friends?

Why shouldn't we ask our people for help or a cosign?

Why are we expected to do it on our own when that's not how things work for anybody else?

I cannot stand people like Molly. It's not just a women thing either, because I know men who act like this. We create all of this unnecessary competition against each other's success that we all just make everything harder for one another.

And on top of that, if I had a personal conflict to where I didn't want to involve my partner/spouse in a business endeavor, I would make that known like Molly did, but I would still want my people to win even without my involvement. It literally burned her up that Issa had her moment without needing her which is fukked up.

THANK YOU!!! Others give their own a chance without even a simple background check. I’ve seen it with my own two eyes. I see tons of graduating college students not be able to get a coveted internship b/c the money makers have bullied the company to putting their friends’ & associates children in that role. I’ve witness men in power ask for a subordinate to make an appointment with that subordinate’s friend so that they can throw them some business. There are actually business partners who hate each other but still maintain a working relationships b/c the business makes dollars & cents.

That being said, when it comes to business, keep your personal feelings out of it!!!

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
If I ask my homeboy to ask his gf/wife for a favor for me and he says it isn't cool and doesn't want to involve her,. I'd respect that. What I wouldn't do is basically ask someone else that is going to default to asking her anyway.

That wasn't cool, but I'm not surprised most women think that was ok though. If you've dated women long enough you learn their "friendships" aren't real and that operate differently.

It is surprising so many men here think it's ok but then again people think they are above respecting boundaries and selfish to their own needs these days.

I will say Molly was wrong for addressing it at the block party though. That could have waited.
It didn’t involve her and second, her relationship with dude is directly through her because Issa encouraged it. Lastly, as a friend, even if you’re in rough patch you won’t purposely undermine them from attaining success. Your analogy doesn’t equate because they literally met dude at the same time. Issa exhausted all possibilities before even turning to Molly and bending the knee to only get crapped on.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Keeping it a buck, the favors that Issa need were regular friend type shyt. Nothing extra. The first and only person she really pressed with a favor was Daniel when she needed a place to live. And they were kinda sorta dating at first. The shyt she asked of Molly has been little petty shyt “Go ask Lawrence this. Bring a bottle to my crib. You got the check right?”

That ain’t no real favors amongst real friends. Unless I missed something, she ain’t pressed Molly for shyt and only asked her to talk to Andrew. The fact is, Molly only knows Andrew through Issa so when she decided that she don’t fukk with Issa then whatever “boundaries” you thought were there are officially grounded once you cut that friend off. She can’t be mad at Issa for using her own connect. Again, Andrew only knows Molly through Issa. Issa knows Andrew through Nathan. If you don’t fukk with me, cool. I know where I stand. That shyt not stopping my grind though.

I said Molly should’ve got slapped at Tiffany’s house when she was trying to make it look like Issa was fukking Lawrence to their friends to be messy. Since she didn’t, she tried to buck at her event. That’s why you regulate bytches on the spot before it escalates like it did tonight.
I agree but their relationship has been strained for a while so to Molly it might seem like more than a friend type favor. Molly looks down on Issa so I think in the beginning she liked having her around to look at how her life was a mess but now that she's making moves Molly don't think it's funny anymore. Plus she trying to navigate this relationship and make it work with Andrew? ( asian dude) and it's clear she doesn't know how to be in a real relationship that's not casual. What's crazy tho is how easy going he was about the favor for Issa. Like yo she hit me up and I made a call, boom easy and I helped your girl out so what's the problem? He wasn't tripping about it so Molly really shouldn't have been. she really should've waited to have her tantrum until after the block party.