Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I'm seeing a lot of anti-Molly sentiment here and while she's generally an unlikeable character, Issa is fukked up for going behind her back AFTER Molly made it explicitly clear that she wanted to set boundaries and wasn't gonna ask her boyfriend to help her. There's no excusing that shyt at all.

Molly wouldn’t even know Andrew if it wasn’t for Issa hooking up with Nathan. Molly told Issa that SHE was uncomfortable asking Andrew so Issa went through Nathan. The fact that Issa has to go through an ex f$ck buddy that ghosted her, instead of her alleged friend is a problem in itself.

And I seriously want to know who Issa used. IMO, the guy that ghosted her, and the only one who believed in her, can do her a solid given the way he ditched her. As far as favors are concerned, do we really expect large scale events to be one man shows? No one could get that done without utilizing their network & that’s what Issa did.

And Molly does not own Andrew. That grown man can decide if he wants to give an assist to a friend of a friend. Molly is too controlling & made a successfully event all about her. I can’t stand her!

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I don’t know how Andrew could rock with her after seeing how she acted tonight. He already been ready to walk on her several times before this. The look on his face was “What now :beli:“ when Molly started up with the bullshyt. If I’m in that situation, I’m ghosting shorty. Thinking to myself that this bytch too messy. Starts petty squabbles, unreasonable in most situations, beefing with her friend in public and starting a mini riot over some shyt that ain’t got nothing to do with her. Molly a weak ass bytch. That job ain’t enough of a saving grace to put up with her shyt. Especially since he got his good job.

Exactly. And that’s why I glad that Issa said “if Molly & Andrew end up breaking up, that’s not her fault,” I couldn’t agree more. Molly is emotionally draining!

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Molly turning into the ultimate WWE heel of this thread :lolbron:

KindDisastrousChihuahua-small.gif

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
He knew Molly wasn’t fukking with Issa. She snapped at him and said “you know we not ducking with each other”. And he did it anyway. That’s that man job to set shyt up like this for the artist. That was the purpose of Vinces manager coming up to him and saying thanks for the look. Molly can’t dictate his professional decisions. He’s seen what Issa has been doing from the jump and him helping was his own volition. He didnt get used. He did his job that also helped a friend.

Nobody is obligated to be forthcoming with someone who just told them that they don’t fukk with you like that. It’s unreasonable to even assume they would be. Issa ain’t have to tell Molly shyt after Molly told her to fukk off basically. You talking about a snake move by Issa when Molly would’ve had a hand in her failing. Intentionally so. It’s almost like she came there to see how she would fail and was surprised that she didn’t. Even Andrew had to tell her that putting something like this together takes a lot of work.
She looked surprised at how well it was going as if it shouldn’t have been that dope.

Dude is going to see that Molly ain’t shyt. That’s why issa said when that shyt ends it won’t be because of her.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
One thing we should all be able to agree on is, the writing on this show is undeniable

:wow:

Beg to differ

The last episode was set a month away from the block party. Are we supposed to believe within that month:

- Molly and Issa haven't came to a resolution (for better or worse)

-Chinko Suave never once mentioned the favor he did for Issa to Molly

- The most emotional nikka on the show (Lawrence) hasn't mentioned his breakup to anyone nor Condola to Tiffany.

And that's just timeline quips

Character-wise, Kelly has gone from edgy comedy relief to a whole caricature whose 2 minutes of camera time are just over the top :francis: lines/actions.

Molly is the most confused and akward communicator with others (especially to be a lawyer). I get the attempt at layering her character, but she's ultimately the conventional TV trope of never saying how she feels in the moment and only confounding the situation even further (well that is until Asian Bae popped up:lolbron:)

This episode was 25 minutes of smoke and mirror filler. Kelly and The airhead nikkas scenes we're so cringe. The old neighbor with the :deadhorse: YG, B instead of C dialogue, was a niche joke 3 seasons ago that keeps getting rehashed as if it's comedic gold (really, everybody in the party having a name starting with B was a minute worth of dialogue :hhh:). The only noteworthy gem of that scene is the acknowledgement is that Issa gives off Dyke vibes.

The only event that pushed a tangible plot point forward was Issa and Molly finally having a confrontation.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
yo...homie that Kelli datin gotta be the dumbest mf this side of Kelly Bundy....Bank of America...Branches of Government....:mjlol:

Issa wrong for goin behind Molly back...but the pent up aggression Molly got for Issa right now is a bit od.....i can understand when u feel like u be doin more for your friend than they do for you.....but lets face it Molly and Issa both be usin each other on the high and low since season 1.....:manny:

edit: and major props to whoever is in charge of musical directing for the show...even the on stage acts for the block party had dope performances...:wow:

edit: edit: I didn't know Yvonne Orji was a stand up?.....:gucci:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm seeing a lot of anti-Molly sentiment here and while she's generally an unlikeable character, Issa is fukked up for going behind her back AFTER Molly made it explicitly clear that she wanted to set boundaries and wasn't gonna ask her boyfriend to help her. There's no excusing that shyt at all.
I think you're forgetting that because Issa went through Nathan, that doesn't involve Molly at all. Andrew's connection came from Issa's old relationship anyway so he was doing a favor (and conducting good business) for his boy, not Molly.

I think it's been apparent, by the way the show has been written this season, that Molly has been salty at Issa leveling up and upset that Issa's criticisms of her self sabotaging ways shows that Issa may be evolving and Molly is not and can't look down on her anymore. She had a look of guilt the entire time at the block party and was surprised at the success of the event. She doesn't care about "protecting her relationship" with Andrew because she wouldn't have made that ugly scene, she just didn't want to see Issa have a good win. That move was unattractive AF and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets dropped because of it.

Last edited: