Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
definitely the best episode of the season.

I understood Molly for not wanting to help Issa sorry ass, but getting mad that she was still successful without her is some jealous hating ass shyt.
The one time Issa is successful without her, she has a break down. :mjlol:

You a big time attorney, let your friend have her block party. Both of yall can be successful damn. :hhh:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
That's not the argument at all, she didn't want her boyfriend to be used by Issa, if what Issa did wasn't an issue, then she should have made it clear up front that she was gonna ask him anyway but she didn't. That's a snake move all day long.

What's worse is, Issa played Andrew like a fukking pawn because if he knew that Molly didn't want him assisting her, he wouldn't have called in the favor or pushed to find out why Molly didn't want him to help her, he didn't even have that option. Issa hedged her bet on Andrew not giving the favor a second thought because she's Molly's friend so "why not" and it paid off.
Doesn’t make sense because Andrew was completely aware it was Issa reaching out.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Wack ass Condola mad for no reason. Issa and Molly fukked the whole event up smh
I won’t say for no reason. It’s a whack reason. She’s mad because Issa and Lawrence are cool and she believes she can’t compete with a 5-year relationship. Not accounting for the fact that Lawrence ain’t want Issa and Condola to be cool in the first place. Another point is Issa and Lawrence just very recently became cordial.

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
If I ask my homeboy to ask his gf/wife for a favor for me and he says it isn't cool and doesn't want to involve her,. I'd respect that. What I wouldn't do is basically ask someone else that is going to default to asking her anyway.

That wasn't cool, but I'm not surprised most women think that was ok though. If you've dated women long enough you learn their "friendships" aren't real and that operate differently.

It is surprising so many men here think it's ok but then again people think they are above respecting boundaries and selfish to their own needs these days.

I will say Molly was wrong for addressing it at the block party though. That could have waited.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
If I ask my homeboy to ask his gf/wife for a favor for me and he says it isn't cool and doesn't want to involve her,. I'd respect that. What I wouldn't do is basically ask someone else that is going to default to asking her anyway.

That wasn't cool, but I'm not surprised most women think that was ok though. If you've dated women long enough you learn their "friendships" aren't real and that operate differently.

It is surprising so many men here think it's ok but then again people think they are above respecting boundaries and selfish to their own needs these days.

I will say Molly was wrong for addressing it at the block party though. That could have waited.

I find it surprising as well man. There's no way on earth I could move like that and feel comfortable with it.

Daps

1) Molly didn’t say that. Molly said she wasn’t willing to risk her relationship to ask on Issa’s behalf. That’s a lot different than don’t ask my man.

2) Does Molly have decision making authority over 2 other adults? Why does she get to decide what Nathan does and doesn’t do?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I find it surprising as well man. There's no way on earth I could move like that and feel comfortable with it.
Yeah idk I guess people feel the need to take sides and can't really look at things objectively. They've both been shytty friends to each other for most of this series. I really don't see one as any better than the other. And what Molly told Issa so far has played out. She said the situation with her working with Condola was messy and look how that has played out. She didn't want to involve Andrew again so the situation wouldn't be messy and wouldn't affect their relationship, Issa involves him anyway and again look how it plays out.:heh:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

This exactly. Both sides were wrong even though Molly in this instance is more fukked up for blowing it up the way she did at the block party. But to me it goes back to what somebody else said about the writing lacking to a degree and having to ignore the chances that Andrew wouldn't mention helping Issa out until right at that moment. Or that Molly wouldn't explain why exactly she wouldn't want to ask her boyfriend beforehand so that Issa would know she was crossing a boundary that Molly put up. From Molly's end it makes sense wanting to not mix the two considering if something goes bad with the deal she has to choose between her friend or her man if there is a falling out.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeah idk I guess people feel the need to take sides and can't really look at things objectively. They've both been shytty friends to each other for most of this series. I really don't see one as any better than the other. And what Molly told Issa so far has played out. She said the situation with her working with Condola was messy and look how that has played out. She didn't want to involve Andrew again so the situation wouldn't be messy and wouldn't affect their relationship, Issa involves him anyway and again look how it plays out.:heh:
I can't ride with that one all the way about involving Andrew making the situation messy considering Molly is the one that made it messy lol.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Both of them ain’t really shyt in completely different ways but Molly is definitely the one that made it messy. Everything was going great till she blew up the spot

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
1) Molly didn’t say that. Molly said she wasn’t willing to risk her relationship to ask on Issa’s behalf. That’s a lot different than don’t ask my man.

2) Does Molly have decision making authority over 2 other adults? Why does she get to decide what Nathan does and doesn’t do?

1. I'm not going to argue semantics, we can agree to disagree. But again if my friend isn't willing to ask their significant other for a favor that I'm requesting that tells me they are off limits. And not to go find another avenue for them to do the favor for me. And then don't ever mention it to my friend.

I can't ride with that one all the way about involving Andrew making the situation messy considering Molly is the one that made it messy lol.

Molly knows how Issa gets down better than everyone. I have a friend like Issa and I'd never let her involve my gf in any of her shyt. Molly wouldn't have had to get messy if Issa respected her wishes to begin with.