Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Remember when the coli complained about this show supposedly making black men look bad? :mjlol:At this point I wouldn't be surprised if black women made that same argument. Issa and Molly are two of the most flawed lead characters I've seen on a show in a long time. It's a testament to how good the writing and acting on this show is that we still find them somewhat likeable
That's what I thought. The black men on this show are mild tempered, job driven and not cheating or smacking females around. Finally they paint the average black man, not like rappers with that are over the top bravado.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How was she ready to talk when she only admitted to it after he cornered her? The conversation might have gone differently if she hadn't hid it for long, to the point that he had to come face to face with with the dude, and then ask her himself.
U would have to be a complete narcissistic a$$hole to even remotely put any blame on Lawrence. bytch was doin that nikka dirty for a minute. Flirting wit dude. Fantasizing about dude. Putting up that she single on Facebook. Broke up wit the nikka without any real explanation. Just let shyt build up and her ego get so inflated to the point she felt she had to dead him to have an excuse to go fukk wit the next nikka. Straight deaded him on her way going out to the club. Imagine what was prolly racing thru that nikka's mind after she did that? Used her friends grievances just to have an excuse to meet a nikka. Basically shyts on her friend in a rap song on stage (shorty is a garbage rapper by the way). While this dude turns himself around. Tries to fix himself. Turns down a bad bytch who appreciates him and what he brings to the table. All to get ultimately played by Issa. She didn't own up to nothing. He had to find out in a fukked up way. She didn't really have shyt to explain to him honestly cause she was wrong ALL the way thru. From top to bottom. He got tight and flipped the table. And got the fukk outta there. He actually looked like he was in shock that she actually fukked the nikka. He didn't think she would say she went THAT far. He was thrown off. And hurt as fukk. he handled that shyt like a real man.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
well all I know is I rewinded that shyt, and whomever he was with had her EXACT same hairstyle. :patrice:

no need to spoiler that shyt since this is all speculation on something that has yet to air.

I think he's just at a strip club with his homeboys. I don't think that chick was Tasha

My prediction is that he'll drunkenly find his way to Tasha's door by episode's end, she'll let him in, and the season will end with a cliff-hanger on if he actually slept with her or not.

My further prediction would be that he DOESNT actually sleep with Tasha, as she likes him but doesn't want to be anyone's sloppy seconds or second choice. This will set up a season long conflict for Lawrence as he has to decide whether or not to pursue Tasha or forgive Issa. I think some nice drama will come from that

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
She was looking right with the braids.

Best shes looked all season, IMO.

:blessed: so glad lawerence dumped issa. he pretty much had to. she was disrespecting TOO hard. taking hella shyt for granted.

Was low key expecting a dude to show up behind the liteskin dude when molly showed up to his door :lolbron:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think he's just at a strip club with his homeboys. I don't think that chick was Tasha

My prediction is that he'll drunkenly find his way to Tasha's door by episode's end, she'll let him in, and the season will end with a cliff-hanger on if he actually slept with her or not.

My further prediction would be that he DOESNT actually sleep with Tasha, as she likes him but doesn't want to be anyone's sloppy seconds or second choice. This will set up a season long conflict for Lawrence as he has to decide whether or not to pursue Tasha or forgive Issa. I think some nice drama will come from that

No, I meant to say that the broad u saw Lawrence fukkin in the finale appeared to be Molly although I highly doubt it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Best shes looked all season, IMO.

:blessed: so glad lawerence dumped issa. he pretty much had to. she was disrespecting TOO hard. taking hella shyt for granted.

Was low key expecting a dude to show up behind the liteskin dude when molly showed up to his door :lolbron:

Yooooo, I was expecting the same thing!!! :ohhh: