Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Remember when the coli complained about this show supposedly making black men look bad?
image.png

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Gonna tell your friend she need therapy and act like everything cool :dead:
I thought we were in this:damn:
This ho ain't bout shyt.

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh:

Such a good episode. :noah:

I remember one cac/c00n on here who I have on my block list, repeatedly saying this show would look black men look bad. :sas2:

That cac was probably an agent who wanted this black show to fail.

Show renewed for Season 2 though. :umad:

Low key though, the production value (:ohlawd:) that is why you should always aim for HBO.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Good ass ep.... I like how Issa giving Molly advice to see a shrink was also a cry for her own help.. Hence her saying "I'd even do it with you"...

Issa shyttin on Daniel like that was kinda uncalled for but it ain't like nikkaz don't do that to chicks on the reg... :yeshrug:

The Issa/Lawrence scene was perfect.... Glad she ain't lie to dude cuz at times he seems like he can be a bit gullible.... Good to see a show putting the black man in the right for once... :sas2:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I'm STILL :martin: at people giving Molly grief for not wanting to involve herself with a Homosexual. But she proved that she truly doesn't know what she wants by going BACK to his house after dropping him, its the height of desperation that she'd be willing to settle for the comfort of someone ANYONE just to feel "wanted".

I don't have a problem with her not wanting to be with him because of his past as it's completely understandable. I just don't like her continuously going back to him like a safety blanket every time she realizes her love life is fukked up.