Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Overall they loved the show but one of the women did point out the We Got Yall t-shirt was a white hand holding black kids :mjlol: :ohhh:
Insecure-Hbo-2016-Tv-Official-Promotional-T-Shirt-Xl.jpg
:jbhmm:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Issa references her boss being white in a less then flattering way in the first episode.....I'd think the logo reflects the reality for Issa, and (many charities) that they are owned, and often funded by whites, (and less then color, by people who don't have a real understanding of whom they serve) which creates a sometimes uncomfortable atmosphere for her.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
These networks are understanding now that these Cac sitcoms/shows are stale now. People want to see color. I'm sure there will be more minority piff in the future too :popcorn3:

they do this all the time. Like clockwork when viewership increases they start canceling the black shows with white shows and then we are back to square one.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Overall they loved the show but one of the women did point out the We Got Yall t-shirt was a white hand holding black kids :mjlol: :ohhh:
Insecure-Hbo-2016-Tv-Official-Promotional-T-Shirt-Xl.jpg

Did they not understand it was ironic?
Issa's whole nonprofit organization is a bunch of white liberals who don't really understand black culture or black people and just want to make themselves feel good by saying "I am making a difference".

Issa is basically clowning that whole organization and these nonprofits in general who "help minorities" but have less than 1% minorities working in the staff.