Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The end of the Thanksgiving episode ends with him sending a late night DM to Issa while he's still in a relationship with Condola, he could have liked the IG video and kept it moving but he wanted to communicate in a more intimate way. To me, that's off limits, especially with an ex that's friends with your new girlfriend.
He and Condola weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend, that was made clear in how she described what they were

He and Condola didn’t appear to part ways “together”

He and Condola’s “relationship” status is currently unknown

Condola not communicating with Issa for the past few days (week or whatever time elapsed) also gives credence to the notion she and Lawrence aren’t cool/together and she knows Issa is where dude wants to be

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
He and Condola weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend, that was made clear in how she described what they were

He and Condola didn’t appear to part ways “together”

He and Condola’s “relationship” status is currently unknown

Condola not communicating with Issa for the past few days (week or whatever time elapsed) also gives credence to the notion she and Lawrence aren’t cool/together and she knows Issa is where dude wants to be

Lawrence clearly had a different opinion of what their relationship status was which is why it came as a surprise to find out that he might be Condola's rebound or the fact that she's not interested in remarrying, if it was just sex for him, it wouldn't make a difference how she feels about marriage, he likely wouldn't have invited himself to the Thanksgiving party or tried to impress her by claiming he could fix her leaking sink.

I agree, the status is unknown now but I get the sense that he feels played by Condola and is looking for a rebound of his own with Issa.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Lawrence clearly had a different opinion of what their relationship status was which is why it came as a surprise to find out that he might be Condola's rebound or the fact that she's not interested in remarrying, if it was just sex for him, it wouldn't make a difference how she feels about marriage, he likely wouldn't have invited himself to the Thanksgiving party or tried to impress her by claiming he could fix her leaking sink.

I agree, the status is unknown now but I get the sense that he feels played by Condola and is looking for a rebound of his own with Issa
again, the way that conversation ended, it’s much bigger than that. No doubt he was surprised to be just a fling, but realizing he’d still be with Issa hit much harder, it’s all in his face at the end of his conversation with Condola. If something romantic happens between he and Issa, Lawrence will be pursuing more than a rebound/fling with her - it’s implied by his body language in the convo with a Condola that breh has feelings for Issa.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Although with all this “provider” Wife and kids talk I don’t see how that fits into a Lawrence/Issa dynamic. Issa is NOWHERE near ready for a marriage and kids, she can’t even keep her complex’s water bill paid lol

I think Lawrence has come to the realization of what he doesn't want in a relationship, which is sometimes even more important than knowing what you do want. Issa would probably be perfect for Lawrence 5 years from now

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Lawrence isn't operating from a thoughtful place, he's a reactionary and although I think he genuinely loves Issa, he'd just be getting with her to use her like he's done in times past. As soon as Lawrence concluded that he was a "rebound" for Condola, he immediately starts playing games with Issa, dude is a loser.

He's a loser because if he feels a way about the potential of Condola using him as a rebound, then he should dead the situation, instead, he decides to play games with Issa in spite of the fact that Condola and Issa have a relationship of their own now. It's messy and it's irresponsible. This is the same guy that isn't even comfortable with the fact that Issa and Condola have a friendship but now he's setting the foundation for he and Issa to end up fukking again while he's dating Condola.

Damn you jumped the gun with these posts. You have a great disdain for Lawrence :picard:

If you think he's a loser, I wonder what you think of Issa.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Damn you jumped the gun with these posts. You have a great disdain for Lawrence :picard:

If you think he's a loser, I wonder what you think of Issa.

Care to get into how I jumped the gun, we're in season 4 now?

Daps
I didn't see that at all - I took it as she was trying to see if there was a way to sue for breach of contract.

Even if she was trying to shyt on Issa - would it surprise you if it was Issa's fault on some level? The bytch couldn't even be bothered to pay enough attention to pay her apartment complex's water bill(which is kinda her job). Can't even wash her stankin ass because she's so irresponsible :francis:

Molly has consistently been a better and more reliable friend than Issa. The shots thrown now is due to the fact that she finally realized that Issa is not there for her like that :manny:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Molly has consistently been a better and more reliable friend than Issa. The shots thrown now is due to the fact that she finally realized that Issa is not there for her like that :manny:

It's been like that since Season 1. For all Molly's faults - she's always been down to ride for Issa.

Issa told you what kind of time she was on when she called Molly up last episode, Molly started to tell her about the situation with the Asian guy and Issa just cut her off like yeah yeah enough about your bullshyt what about ME and MY problems.

She's a terrible, self-centered, dependent person and would be horrible to have as a friend.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I totally agree with you @Matt504

Reason being, before Lawrence learned that he was a rebound, he was checking Issa on discussing him with Condola & abruptly cutting off friendly convos when Issa wanted to make sure that she was not overstepping her boundaries.

After Lawrence discovers he’s Condola’s temporary dude, now he wants to open communication with Issa on IG.

Either you wanna keep it short/cute or be casual/friendly. Lawrence got his face cracked when he learned that Condola wasn’t taking him seriously & now he wants to use Issa to regain his confidence. He wouldn’t get an ounce of my time or attention.
His behavior makes perfect sense. When I'm dating somebody and see a possible future I'm cutting off exes just cause it's a bad look. When I find out the relationship ain't going nowhere then there's no reason to not talk to that ex like that. Wouldn't dude actually be more foul if he was chatting up an ex he might still have feelings for while dating someone seriously?