Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I feel like its a little too soon for Lawrence be back throwing himself at Issa but if he truly knows what he wants then go fukk it. Go for it.

Although with all this “provider” Wife and kids talk I don’t see how that fits into a Lawrence/Issa dynamic. Issa is NOWHERE near ready for a marriage and kids, she can’t even keep her complex’s water bill paid lol

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I feel like its a little too soon for Lawrence be back throwing himself at Issa but if he truly knows what he wants then go fukk it. Go for it.

Although with all this “provider” Wife and kids talk I don’t see how that fits into a Lawrence/Issa dynamic. Issa is NOWHERE near ready for a marriage and kids, she can’t even keep her complex’s water bill paid lol

Lawrence isn't operating from a thoughtful place, he's a reactionary and although I think he genuinely loves Issa, he'd just be getting with her to use her like he's done in times past. As soon as Lawrence concluded that he was a "rebound" for Condola, he immediately starts playing games with Issa, dude is a loser.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Lawrence isn't operating from a thoughtful place, he's a reactionary and although I think he genuinely loves Issa, he'd just be getting with her to use her like he's done in times past. As soon as Lawrence concluded that he was a "rebound" for Condola, he immediately starts playing games with Issa, dude is a loser.
How is he a loser? Condola asked him a real ass question - would you still be with her if she hadn’t cheated. The answer seemed to be yes, people move past cheating all the time. They haven’t jumped full on back into anything, nothing wrong with working on being friends, and if he thinks he’s over the heartbreak, still loves or wants to be with her, then it is what it is. Try again :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
"Some teenage boy gonna try and finger fukk my angel one day"

That's a terrible way of thinking but it's still :lolbron:

Naw... That was one of the realist parts of the ep.... All guys think like that whether u got a daughter or not.... U start to think back about how u treated women u fukked and it just hits u that that was somebody else's daughter at one point.... Now u go and have a daughter.... :sadcam:

I'm glad I got 2 boys cuz I done did some foul shyt to females of my past and if I had a daughter it would be karma city.... :wow:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
How is he a loser? Condola asked him a real ass question - would you still be with her if she hadn’t cheated. The answer seemed to be yes, people move past cheating all the time. They haven’t jumped full on back into anything, nothing wrong with working on being friends, and if he thinks he’s over the heartbreak, still loves or wants to be with her, then it is what it is. Try again :yeshrug;

He's a loser because if he feels a way about the potential of Condola using him as a rebound, then he should dead the situation, instead, he decides to play games with Issa in spite of the fact that Condola and Issa have a relationship of their own now. It's messy and it's irresponsible. This is the same guy that isn't even comfortable with the fact that Issa and Condola have a friendship but now he's setting the foundation for he and Issa to end up fukking again while he's dating Condola.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset

I totally agree with you @Matt504

Reason being, before Lawrence learned that he was a rebound, he was checking Issa on discussing him with Condola & abruptly cutting off friendly convos when Issa wanted to make sure that she was not overstepping her boundaries.

After Lawrence discovers he’s Condola’s temporary dude, now he wants to open communication with Issa on IG.

Either you wanna keep it short/cute or be casual/friendly. Lawrence got his face cracked when he learned that Condola wasn’t taking him seriously & now he wants to use Issa to regain his confidence. He wouldn’t get an ounce of my time or attention.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He's a loser because if he feels a way about the potential of Condola using him as a rebound, then he should dead the situation, instead, he decides to play games with Issa in spite of the fact that Condola and Issa have a relationship of their own now. It's messy and it's irresponsible. This is the same guy that isn't even comfortable with the fact that Issa and Condola have a friendship but now he's setting the foundation for he and Issa to end up fukking again while he's dating Condola.
Still doesnt make him a loser. Thats just his character flaw.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I totally agree with you @Matt504

Reason being, before Lawrence learned that he was a rebound, he was checking Issa on discussing him with Condola & abruptly cutting off friendly convos when Issa wanted to make sure that she was not overstepping her boundaries.

After Lawrence discovers he’s Condola’s temporary dude, now he wants to open communication with Issa on IG.

Either you wanna keep it short/cute or be casual/friendly. Lawrence got his face cracked when he learned that Condola wasn’t taking him seriously & now he wants to use Issa to regain his confidence. He wouldn’t get an ounce of my time or attention.
We don't know if he's still with Gondola or not. He hadn't had the opportunity to tell Issa what he was about to say.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You’re jumping the gun, it’s not clear where his relationship with Issa is going and it seemed like him and condola aren’t going anywhere/are over. And how is he playing games with Issa? By talking to her when they’re at a mutual friend’s house? Breh hasn’t asked her out, tried to come over, etc.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
We don't know if he's still with Gondola or not. He hadn't had the opportunity to tell Issa what he was about to say.

Either way, the question now is, (a) is Lawrence opening the doors of communication with Issa b/c he is thinking about trying their relationship again, or (b) is he returning to what he knows because he failed in aiming “higher” with Condola.

I think both Issa & Lawrence allowed life to happen to them & they are both reactionary. Issa is trying to regain control of her life & Lawrence has somewhat done the same only recently. One’s growth may be faster & presumably better than the other but they are both still growing.

I still don’t want them to get back together though.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
You’re jumping the gun, it’s not clear where his relationship with Issa is going and it seemed like him and condola aren’t going anywhere/are over. And how is he playing games with Issa? By talking to her when they’re at a mutual friend’s house? Breh hasn’t asked her out, tried to come over, etc.

The end of the Thanksgiving episode ends with him sending a late night DM to Issa while he's still in a relationship with Condola, he could have liked the IG video and kept it moving but he wanted to communicate in a more intimate way. To me, that's off limits, especially with an ex that's friends with your new girlfriend.