Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm just wondering if Molly really wants shyt to work with Andrew or if she's just trying to prove Issa wrong. :jbhmm:

I think she’s internally making Issa the “face” of her own insecurities. So she definitely WANTS it to work with Andrew but she’s using Issa as the punching bag so to speak. Proving to Issa that she can handle a real relationship would be proving it to HERSELF.

She needs to take her ass back to therapy and get that shyt right

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
I'm riding with me molly brazy this episode. Issa is a fukk up, she couldn't take the chance of asking Andrew for a favor then issa doing someshyt to fukk it up. Now andrew looking at molly crazy.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
The question should be what makes them more or less than normal? Do we NOT have black men that attend historically black colleges every year? Do we not have black men working within Wall Street? Black men working blue collar jobs? Black men responsibly raising their children? Black men attempting to build generational wealth for their families? Black men who are pro black? Black men who attempt to have fun and live life to its fullest? Black men who work within the public educational system?

I mean honestly, how are we defining black men in modern day society?

Well shyt, that's every type of black dude, pretty much lol. From my standpoint, I could see Theo being "not normal" for the sake of argument bc he's the son of a doctor and a lawyer... Dwayne, as a math genius, isn't normal.... Ralph Angel, convicted felon who bounces, runs his own farm and becomes a pillar within the community, etc.

Like I said, I don't disagree, just wanted to know your thoughts. Don't got shyt to do w the thread lol

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Hell I ain’t really seen her with an arc yet lol

Funny thing is she’s a writer on the show and her cache with HBO seemed to be on the rise since she signed a development deal with them about two years ago.

Issa's putting them dudes on, I saw Jay Ellis directs one of the episodes coming up.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Finally saw the last episode and Issa still proving she a notorious fukk up and selfish ass friend. :hhh:

Molly did the right thing by not helping her. A bytch can't be ducking you, taking shots, know you not really seeing them eye to eye at the moment, and still have the audacity to hit you up for a major favor that involve you asking other people for something. Who goes out on a limb for someone that they might not be cool with by the end of the month. That's fukk nikka behavior.

I swear the whole cast is damn near unlikable :mjlol:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I think she’s internally making Issa the “face” of her own insecurities. So she definitely WANTS it to work with Andrew but she’s using Issa as the punching bag so to speak. Proving to Issa that she can handle a real relationship would be proving it to HERSELF.

She needs to take her ass back to therapy and get that shyt right
I think you’re right. I have a feeling that shyt will backfire on her.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:patrice:I think Lawrence and Condola not together no more. In the process of that argument/conversation he had with her in the kitchen, he admitted he still had feelings for Issa, and Condola stepping all the way away from Lawrence and Issa.

:patrice:I understand having feelings.... sometimes that shyt never go away. But taking her back now? Nah, doesn't feel like the right move for the character

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:patrice:I think Lawrence and Condola not together no more. In the process of that argument/conversation he had with her in the kitchen, he admitted he still had feelings for Issa, and Condola stepping all the way away from Lawrence and Issa.

:patrice:I understand having feelings.... sometimes that shyt never go away. But taking her back now? Nah, doesn't feel like the right move for the character

Issa shouldn’t have to suffer because Condola decided she wanted to fukk around with Lawrence. Condola swore up and down that the “relationship” with Lawrence wouldn’t impact her business dealings with Issa. That would be some fukk shyt of the HIGHEST order for her to ruin Issa’s block party over some rebound dikk