Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Issa is bad but Molly is worse. She spends more energy trying to save her relationship than her friendship.
Well when your friend hits you with “you don’t ever want to be happy” then you end up questioning yourself, so yes, she’s putting energy into her man right now. She’s also tried to reach out to Issa, but Issa keeps faking. The whole thanksgiving dinner was Issa dropping the ball

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
That’s not a small thing, you’re basically asking for him to get involved with Issa’s party. Let’s be real, we know Issa ain’t gonna handle it 100 the way someone more professional would, she’s gonna be looking for and handout and to be saved. Molly feels Issa is a mess, makes sense not to place a person like that in the professional life of someone you mess with.

I have a couple friends who I know dont handle business well and wouldn’t do professional introductions for them at the risk of messing up my rep with that person. Molly was well within her rights to turn her down, at least she was up front about it instead of not letting her know or giving a lie

And this is also why Issa is gravitating to Condola despite how messy the situation is. Condola offers Issa emotional support without basing her expectations on Issa’s messy past, aka, she allows Issa to grow.

Issa & her matrix dodging ain’t the business either, but Molly just took the cake for me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That’s not a small thing, you’re basically asking for him to get involved with Issa’s party. Let’s be real, we know Issa ain’t gonna handle it 100 the way someone more professional would, she’s gonna be looking for a handout and to be saved. Molly feels Issa is a mess, makes sense not to place a person like that in the professional life of someone you mess with.

I have a couple friends who I know dont handle business well and wouldn’t do professional introductions for them at the risk of messing up my rep with that person. Molly was well within her rights to turn her down, at least she was up front about it instead of not letting her know or giving a lie
That's a big assumption she is asking for a handout and that she's gonna handle it poorly.
You want friends not doing as well as you to level up and then when they ask for your help to that exact extent you can't help? You must not really want them to level up then. If this was something not really important I might understand. But Molly has all the info. The Block Party is a month away and she lost her headliner. All that petty shut you and Issa are going thru should be put aside. Help your friend, supposed bestie at that. And I was riding for Molly this season prior to this ep. Issa's comments about her relationships are irksome and she really needs to keep them to herself especially how she moves relationship wise.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
And this is also why Issa is gravitating to Condola despite how messy the situation is. Condola offers Issa emotional support without basing her expectations on Issa’s messy past, aka, she allows Issa to grow.
I don’t read that at all. They’ve worked together for a couple months at best, she doesn’t have the depth of experience or complexity of knowledge of Issa as Molly. And y’all keep dropping Issa’s “growth” without letting Molly grow - her bending herself, cutting out things that would lead to conflict, to pursue happiness and build a lasting relationship is also growth, and yes, sometimes it strains another part of your life - but Issa hasn’t been the best friend through any of this either.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's a big assumption she is asking for a handout and that she's gonna handle it poorly.
You want friends not doing as well as you to level up and then when they ask for your help to that exact extent you can't help? You must not really want them to level up then. If this was something not really important I might understand. But Molly has all the info. The Block Party is a month away and she lost her headliner. All that petty shut you and Issa are going thru should be put aside. Help your friend, supposed bestie at that. And I was riding for Molly this season prior to this ep. Issa's comments about her relationships are irksome and she really needs to keep them to herself especially how she moves relationship wise.
What else does a person want calling up a booking agent from a personal connection a month out...they want your help, the hook up, not to go through the traditional booking mechanisms. Sorry, Issa has shown time and time again she’s not handling her biz with this block party the way she should, from how she booked her complex for the sponsorship show, to forgetting about flyers, to the other details she’s fumbled, Condola is the one who had that shyt on track.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

It's not a big assumption, it's a safe assumption based on the way Issa typically handles her business, she doesn't take anything seriously until she realizes the gravity of the situation which is usually almost at the point of it being too late.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I don’t read that at all. They’ve worked together for a couple months at best, she doesn’t have the depth of experience or complexity of knowledge of Issa as Molly. And y’all keep dropping Issa’s “growth” without letting Molly grow - her bending herself, cutting out things that would lead to conflict, to pursue happiness and build a lasting relationship is also growth, and yes, sometimes it strains another part of your life - but Issa hasn’t been the best friend through any of this either.

I acknowledged both Issa & Molly growth after e2 of this season. I also acknowledged neither one of them seeing each other’s growth & only looking at each other through the lens of their past.

I acknowledge that both of them have failed each other in friendship, specifically this season. It’s just my opinion hat Molly took it to a whole other level with her action or inaction on last night’s episode.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
On a side note, it's very frustrating to me how people are overlooking the nuance of these episodes and calling them filler, it's like you're looking for over dramaticized telenovellas.

Yup. Ironically, these are the same type of folks that complain about Tyler Perry & Lee Daniels productions. It’s like they legit want a plot twist on every episode, which is not good for storytelling or pacing.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well when your friend hits you with “you don’t ever want to be happy” then you end up questioning yourself, so yes, she’s putting energy into her man right now. She’s also tried to reach out to Issa, but Issa keeps faking. The whole thanksgiving dinner was Issa dropping the ball
Thanksgiving fell out because on going issues between them both. Not just because Issa was like "fukk Molly". Molly had already shyt on Issa beforehand. Thats what them snapping at eachother in the store was about. After enjoying ahat turned out to be a great night for her, its totally reasonable to decide that you dont want to dampen your night talking to someone about why they dont like you right now.

Ep 1 - Molly started the dynamic by coming at Issa over being friends with Condola. Thats petty on her part because she was just jealous. So Issa fell back a bit.
Ep 2 - Molly says she just wants shyt casual with Andrew and Issa says it sounds like she catching feelings. We know she is, but she dont like that Issa said it cause she really fronting.
Ep 2 - Molly tried to press Andrew and started a fight she had no right to. On the hike Issa points out what we already know, that Molly is entitled always trying to find fault in men. That she isnt trying to be happy. Molly reconciles with Andrew but fell back from telling Issa. So at this point, Issa thinks Molly is still claiming to be casual.
Ep 3 - They are in the store. Molly asks if she should invite Andrew to her family thanksgiving. Issa says "Arent yall casual? You might scare him away like old Molly rushing in." Molly gets tight and throws a jab about Issa being cool with Condola and Lawrence dating and says with condescension "Glad your little threesome is working out" and Issa checked her by saying 'werent you just in an actual 'throuple' with Dre?' and Molly said at least she wasnt fukking for weed and toilet paper. Issa's step dad went to the ER so her plans got changed around, she told Molly that she will keep her posted and Molly replied with some extra shyt that had a tone. like "Its whatever" or "Do you" or something.

Thanksgiving was that night. Things before that were just communications issues. But that shyt in the store was Molly trying to deliberately shyt on her like they werent friends. I dont think with how things progressed that day, its on Issa to have to go out her way and ruin her night to talk to Molly when Molly was the one coming at her neck and copping attitudes.

Yes, I aint got shyt to do before you ask. :skip:
Im in my office not doing a damn thing.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
wtf at that dialogue with dude thinking about guys ****ing his daughter in years to come
shoehorned af

it wasn't shoehorned at all, we've seen these same guys sit around and discuss their exploits with other people's daughters and now he has a daughter of his own and is having a reality check.