Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Molly wants us to hate her. Jealous of Condola helping out Issa and could've came to the rescue when things turned sour for her, in the name of their friendship but no, she shytted on her. :childplease:
But Molly has done Issa favors before, she was actually willing to help out earlier with the contract situation prior to getting cut off. Really they're both at fault this season, but Issa has been incredibly selfish since day 1.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This season is weird. I feel like the episodes themselves are well written yet the season as a whole is weak with not much plot or character development. It’s like the parts are greater than the sum.

sometimes I wonder if they need an Hour for this show, but an Hour can make you lazy. This episode was pretty meh to me. Felt like filler as I felt no major impacts.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
sometimes I wonder if they need an Hour for this show, but an Hour can make you lazy. This episode was pretty meh to me. Felt like filler as I felt no major impacts.

I think the 8ep x 30m formula was right. Stretching this out more just leads to filler. The previous seasons were way tighter.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Issa is bad but Molly is worse. She spends more energy trying to save her relationship than her friendship.

She tried to help Issa, asking about the contractual status of the headliner. At some point you have to let people sink or swim by themselves, even if they're people you love, or else they become completely dependent - sort of like Issa.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But Molly has done Issa favors before, she was actually willing to help out earlier with the contract situation prior to getting cut off. Really they're both at fault this season, but Issa has been incredibly selfish since day 1.
She tried to help Issa, asking about the contractual status of the headliner. At some point you have to let people sink or swim by themselves, even if they're people you love, or else they become completely dependent - sort of like Issa.
That conversation was not about Molly trying to help. She brought up the contract as a way to shyt on Issa like "You mustve fukked up for him to drop out the contract". That wasnt to assist. It was sneak dissing to shyt on Issa.:camby:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That conversation was not about Molly trying to help. She brought up the contract as a way to shyt on Issa like "You mustve fukked up for him to drop out the contract". That wasnt to assist. It was sneak dissing to shyt on Issa.:camby:

I didn't see that at all - I took it as she was trying to see if there was a way to sue for breach of contract.

Even if she was trying to shyt on Issa - would it surprise you if it was Issa's fault on some level? The bytch couldn't even be bothered to pay enough attention to pay her apartment complex's water bill(which is kinda her job). Can't even wash her stankin ass because she's so irresponsible :francis:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I didn't see that at all - I took it as she was trying to see if there was a way to sue for breach of contract.

Even if she was trying to shyt on Issa - would it surprise you if it was Issa's fault on some level? The bytch couldn't even be bothered to pay enough attention to pay her apartment complex's water bill(which is kinda her job). Can't even wash her stankin ass because she's so irresponsible :francis:
I thought Molly was trying to help at first until she threw in the line about how Issa had to do something wrong.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Eh, she has her faults but I liked seeing her stand her own ground this episode. Her and Issa just having less and less in common as the season progresses.
I actually dont have a problem with her not asking Andrew because of the relationship being up in the air. But she didnt not ask him because its precarious, she didnt ask him because she didnt want to be involved with Issa and thats some sucker shyt. The real part where she deserved to get slapped was at Tiffany's house when she was "Mmhmm-ing" lipsmacking and eyerolling all over the place. Trying to intentionally stir shyt up with their other friends about Issa and Lawrence and it wasnt even like that. When Issa dipped, it was a work emergency, an emergency that Molly chose not to help with. But Molly tried to make it messy and make it seem like Issa was leaving to fukk Lawrence. Im glad Tiffany shut it down regardless with the "so what, its complicated". Thats how you know Molly a bullshyt ass bytch. She tried it, and no one cared. Because they are actually Issa's friends and Molly no longer is.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
When a friend needs you for something mad important, you help them no matter if yall are in a rough patch. Molly might as well have said they were not friends no more here and then. Terrible communication.

Issa also has her part of responsibility. You wanted to do whatever you wanted and refused to go and see her to fix this, well, there's that for you.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I thought Molly was trying to help at first until she threw in the line about how Issa had to do something wrong.

I agree here, the scene with the water being cut off is so important. It's to further illustrate how irresponsible she can be and the strain it causes on the people around her.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

nikka, she literally told Issa "You mustve fukked up somehow". :comeon:
It wasnt to help, she was trying to shyt on Issa. Stop being naive. Thats how people end up in fukked up situations because of so-called "friends"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What's the favor? Can you get me a direct line so I can ask an artist to be part of a Black party? Is that even a stressful ask of Andrew? She's not asking him to get her a headliner is she? That seems like a small thing to me.
That’s not a small thing, you’re basically asking for him to get involved with Issa’s party. Let’s be real, we know Issa ain’t gonna handle it 100 the way someone more professional would, she’s gonna be looking for a handout and to be saved. Molly feels Issa is a mess, makes sense not to place a person like that in the professional life of someone you mess with.

I have a couple friends who I know dont handle business well and wouldn’t do professional introductions for them at the risk of messing up my rep with that person. Molly was well within her rights to turn her down, at least she was up front about it instead of not letting her know or giving a lie

Last edited: