Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Molly ain't shyt as I've stated a bunch through this thread but let's be perfectly clear: Issa is a horrible, horrible friend. She's like a 14 year old. Selfish, self-centered, childish, irresponsible.

I have no beef with how she handled it. You can’t be off script with a friend for that long, haven’t had any meaningful conversation with them, and then just jump into asking for something. Issa was wrong and Molly was justified in not doing the favor, not even on some beefing with Issa shyt, but she’s trying to get her relationship straight, which Issa would know if they ever actually talked

As I’ve stated a few weeks ago...Molly & Issa are trying to grow, but neither one of them is acknowledging each other’s growth. I get that this was an inopportune time for Issa to ask Molly for a favor. That was selfish. But if I were Molly, I would’ve connected Issa with Andrew, gave Andrew a fair but brief warning about Issa & stayed out of it from there.

Sometimes, you give bare minimums, like the one I suggested above, to extend an olive branch....that’s if you want to repair the relationship. As we can see, Molly just expects Issa to kiss her a$$. We see this with Molly bullying Issa out of a parking spot that she (Issa) found first. We see this when Molly smirks when Issa calls her. Molly, in that moment, was responding to Issa as if she was a man, that she was waiting to apologize & crawl back to her.

All that being said, I see where Issa was being selfish, but because Molly has her professional sh!t together, I feel like people are overlooking how emotional draining Molly can be. Have any of you ever had a friend that your energy drops when they call or after another long diatribe of complaining? This is the type of person that Molly reminds me of. IMO, people are translating Molly’s reliability at work to her friendship with Issa & falsely thinking that the relationship is one sided. When the truth is that, Molly has used Issa as her emotional dumping ground, and for once, Issa has enough going on where she can’t stop everything to listen to Molly complain.

Their relationship with each other was built on struggle & since both of them are trying to grow from said struggle, they need to find a healthier way to bond or lose the entire friendship.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, I been siding with Molly this season but I wasn't feeling her this time. When your friend needs you you gotta step up, and what she was asking is barely an inconvenience for Molly. Her boyfriend would have to do all the heavy lifting. Despite your issues look out for a sister, damn.
Molly is now doing too much in the other direction, while she was being overly judgemental of men she would date and what not. Now she is protecting dude from a favor? Nothing too serious. Now you are doing too much to keep this guy. And on top of it, it probably isn't necessary.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Yeah, I been siding with Molly this season but I wasn't feeling her this time. When your friend needs you you gotta step up, and what she was asking is barely an inconvenience for Molly. Her boyfriend would have to do all the heavy lifting. Despite your issues look out for a sister, damn.
Molly is now doing too much in the other direction, while she was being overly judgemental of men she would date and what not. Now she is protecting dude from a favor? Nothing too serious. Now you are doing too much to keep this guy. And on top of it, it probably isn't necessary.

And to top it off, I don’t see Andrew being into Molly like that. For one, if I’m dating a lawyer, I expect them to go through seasons of late working hours. Two, he was ready to break up with her in their last scene. Three, we have yet to see Molly & Andrew connect on a sincere level...they literally have jokes, dinner & sex.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Molly wants us to hate her. Jealous of Condola helping out Issa and could've came to the rescue when things turned sour for her, in the name of their friendship but no, she shytted on her. :childplease:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I disagree. Molly's boyfriend was close to breaking up with her it seemed. Timing would be all wrong to transition to a favor at that moment. It'd be one thing if their relationship was strong but it was on shaky ground. Molly wouldn't know how the boyfriend would react to that or if the boyfriend would feel like she was crossing a boundary so why risk it at that moment. Especially since the underlying theme of the season is both of them not really having time for each other. Issa has cancelled on her multiple times and when they do talk they both only want to talk about themselves. So at that point it's a "oh you can call me now that you need something" situation. So I see why Molly wouldn't want to test her relationship with that being the case.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I disagree. Molly's boyfriend was close to breaking up with her it seemed. Timing would be all wrong to transition to a favor at that moment. It'd be one thing if their relationship was strong but it was on shaky ground. Molly wouldn't know how the boyfriend would react to that or if the boyfriend would feel like she was crossing a boundary so why risk it at that moment. Especially since the underlying theme of the season is both of them not really having time for each other. Issa has cancelled on her multiple times and when they do talk they both only want to talk about themselves. So at that point it's a "oh you can call me now that you need something" situation. So I see why Molly wouldn't want to test her relationship with that being the case.
What's the favor? Can you get me a direct line so I can ask an artist to be part of a Black party? Is that even a stressful ask of Andrew? She's not asking him to get her a headliner is she? That seems like a small thing to me.