Steven Harper (Boston Public)
Earn Marks( Atlanta)
Interesting

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Also, be aware of how LA is in general, and how the show's costume is so on point, characters may appear more well of than they are lol

Lawerence is probably in the almost or 6 figure range, for a single guy in LA, with a degree from Georgetown, he's doing just fine.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Also, be aware of how LA is in general, and how the show's costume is so on point, characters may appear more well of than they are lol

Lawerence is probably in the almost or 6 figure range, for a single guy in LA, with a degree from Georgetown, he's doing just fine.

that was already proven on the last episode when lawrence's boy was talking about his new whip he bough to keep up appearances despite not having sold a house in over a month.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah. Issa was definitely selfish to ask for a favor when she’s been avoiding a tough conversation, but the way Molly handled that situation was beyond foul. I’m highly annoyed right now.

Molly ain't shyt as I've stated a bunch through this thread but let's be perfectly clear: Issa is a horrible, horrible friend. She's like a 14 year old. Selfish, self-centered, childish, irresponsible.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
A very high bar to clear from last week, and this one is slighter, without a doubt, but still fun, partly, I can see a lot of people who may not like this season or the show, very much, is that the dissection of female friendship is really the forefront of this season, and the backbone of the entire series. Some people may not be interested in, or care about that. Female friendships can be complex, and different, and don't nearly get as much screen time or analysis as male/female romantic relationships, or male friendships. I won't get into gender analysis, probably not even qualified, but if anyone spends enough time around women, and really listening, you can see how different their friendships can be from male ones. Obviously, not in every way, and friendship is a human thing, not a gender thing.

Molly and Issa's relationship is breaking down, and the shows analysis of that is what this season's focus is. They can't be vulnerable enough with each other to bridge the widening gap, and if you really wanted to analyze, you would say as both makes strides in many ways outside of each other, they become less tolerant, less accepting, more critical, less loving, of the other, and within that, they begin to see the other as a friend to be left behind, with their prior selfs. It's a behavior that is actually strongly encouraged in our generation, through music, social media, "cutting people off", "friends hating on us" and a bunch of other catch phrases I probably don't even know. The concept that our old friends will hold us back, and drag us down.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I feel like they have been showing Molly/Issa both being at fault this season and on different pages like in the parking spot situation. With both of them defaulting to the old version of their friend, and not really seeing how they might have changed.

Issa's conversation with Mirror Issa was :mjlol:

and damn at not being able to take a shower to relax after a stressful day :bryan:

Wonder if Lawrence was going to tell Issa he and Condola broke up before she got that phone call :patrice:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There's also a lot going on about what we may or may not need from friendships, and how we ask for those things. A lot of people use friendship for venting/companionship and a form of interdependency, I tend to go for more mutual pleasure, sharing some common experience, and the foundation of often a decade or two. I don't ask much of them, they don't need to call me, (yet they do, for more of their reasons) they certainly don't need to hang out on my birthday, or weekends, or whatever, I don't ask that, I don't need that of them. I am almost never, never mad at my friends, or have disagreements.

a lot of people aren't like this, they go through issues, and re structuring of friendships all the time. I always marvel at fast friends, (which I see with women a lot) while I can make friends as easily as I please, the way some people meet, within a few weeks, and move into together (as roommates) or business partners, or just everyday friends, is always astounding. Those friendship are fulfilling different needs than mine.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah. Issa was definitely selfish to ask for a favor when she’s been avoiding a tough conversation, but the way Molly handled that situation was beyond foul. I’m highly annoyed right now.
I have no beef with how she handled it. You can’t be off script with a friend for that long, haven’t had any meaningful conversation with them, and then just jump into asking for something. Issa was wrong and Molly was justified in not doing the favor, not even on some beefing with Issa shyt, but she’s trying to get her relationship straight, which Issa would know if they ever actually talked