Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He’s fukked up with every woman he’s been with. Tasha blew it, India’s girl blew it and now Condola blowing it. He communicates like a brick. He’s insecure and doesn’t know what he wants or doesn’t tell them. He also never got over getting cheated on so now he’s fukked up and instead of healing he’s on some dumb shyt. Either you like smashing chicks or you a relationship guy. Be one or the other I’ve always told my friends that shyt.

He blew it with the co-worker. Condola, he just didn't set up the parameters of the relationship from the jump and now is looking silly.

Tasha - he never took her seriously, he just hit her up because he didn't want to pay the stripper for some p*ssy at the end of s1 and he knew she was a quick flip. Once he was at the cookout with her fam he really understood he didn't belong with her.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
They friendship been on life support since the first season, they just pretend its jokes when they’re dead serious. Now they’re just saying fukk it and being truthful about the animosity towards each either.

I forgot what happened but I remember them falling out hard the first season.
It was because Issa made a song about her and performed it at the club.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, Lawrence let me down. He is too sprung off Condola. Going to Issa on some, "Stop talky about me!" and being sad she wants to keep it casual and confronting her about it is not how I would have played it. Once that girl told me she just wants some rebound dyck I would have maybe recalculated how I went about it but yo, you are smashing and spending time when you have time. Take that, and keep your eyes open for an upgrade in the meantime. Her friend's word isn't gospel and she could change her mind. He should have played it cooler but he is wide open already.

Daps
Yeah, Lawrence let me down. He is too sprung off Condola. Going to Issa on some, "Stop talky about me!" and being sad she wants to keep it casual and confronting her about it is not how I would have played it. Once that girl told me she just wants some rebound dyck I would have maybe recalculated how I went about it but yo, you are smashing and spending time when you have time. Take that, and keep your eyes open for an upgrade in the meantime. Her friend's word isn't gospel and she could change her mind. He should have played it cooler but he is wide open already.

Are Condola and her friends significantly older than Lawrence? Condola had a big ass house in LA and they all seemed to be clowning him for being relatively junior at his job.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't get Issa and her brother's attitude toward their family. Is her Mom like supposedly a bad person or something? For adults they come off petty and childish. I was getting happy we are finally getting into Issa's family situation and they pulled the okey doke on me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Are Condola and her friends significantly older than Lawrence? Condola had a big ass house in LA and they all seemed to be clowning him for being relatively junior at his job.
Yeah, I don't know. She was married maybe she is getting alimony or got half in the divorce. Whatever the case, I would give it as much as I got if an s/o's friends tried to ego trip on me.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
He blew it with the co-worker. Condola, he just didn't set up the parameters of the relationship from the jump and now is looking silly.

Tasha - he never took her seriously, he just hit her up because he didn't want to pay the stripper for some p*ssy at the end of s1 and he knew she was a quick flip. Once he was at the cookout with her fam he really understood he didn't belong with her.
These are excuses why he blew it, he’s a fukk up with women. He doesn’t know whether he wants to be a player or a relationship guy which is the worse.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was a little confused at this as well. I’m a way they did seem to make fun of him and not take him serious but they seemed like the goofballs in the situation.

There was some moments where he seemed to be a little unable to laugh at himself, but then he would say something like the s curl line, so not sure what the writers were trying to convey. When her friend asked about work, he could have been way more up front, instead of deflecting, she obviously knew her stuff, and he kind of was slightly flustered there. I would have laughed it off. And the shirt like, he seemed thrown off, but the compliment seemed sincere? Very ambiguously written scene to me.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset

I noticed that & a few other things too. While I don’t really care for the the “on my level” metrics, Lawrence fans don’t realize that by that same metric, he may not be on Condola’s level either. I’m really trying to be nice about this but the Coli is missing a lot of signs.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Yeah, I don't know. She was married maybe she is getting alimony or got half in the divorce. Whatever the case, I would give it as much as I got if an s/o's friends tried to ego trip on me.

Breh, she’s at least around Issa’s age...maybe slightly older. She’s been divorced for a 1.5 years already. Based of a rough estimate, she was probably only married for around five years. There’s no way alimony would last that long for a short marriage. It’s more likely that her income can afford that LA home....with that big arse, beautiful kitchen.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was some moments where he seemed to be a little unable to laugh at himself, but then he would say something like the s curl line, so not sure what the writers were trying to convey. When her friend asked about work, he could have been way more up front, instead of deflecting, she obviously knew her stuff, and he kind of was slightly flustered there. I would have laughed it off. And the shirt like, he seemed thrown off, but the compliment seemed sincere? Very ambiguously written scene to me.

I just interpreted it as the writers establishing that they were all pretty drunk and lawrence peeped that and was using the moment to learn more about condola...from them drinking and talking so much he found out that she didn’t want to remarry...then when he offered to get the friend another drink she followed him and he weeded out more info from her... @ first I thought he was using the moment to get a breather from them but it seems like he wanted to get them to keep talking/opening up more to get more of a true feel for condola and her friends

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I noticed the kitchen and the house, and show has gone out of it's way to show her connections with Roc Nation and leading black community/cultural/entertainment leaders, but has never really approached income and class. Lawrence lives in a very modest apartment, and Chad hits him with a line about Condola and that tired ass jag, to there may have been some foreshadowing there.

I think Lawerence is supposed to be making about 100, and isn't too inclined to live in a downtown high rise, or whatever.

he was looking crazy with the "you don't want to get married again" line though, that's for sure.

Daps
I noticed that & a few other things too. While I don’t really care for the the “on my level” metrics, Lawrence fans don’t realize that by that same metric, he may not be on Condola’s level either. I’m really trying to be nice about this but the Coli is missing a lot of signs.

We’re not really missing any signs. This sites demo is black males between 20 and 40. Lawrence is the closest thing we have ever seen in terms of representation of a relatively normal black dude as a major character on a show. For most of the shows your options were uber square like Carlton and Urkel or cool slacker like Will or Eddie or Theo or dumb ass like Junior on my wife and kids.

Lawrence is also the only character whose had growth and doesn’t double down on terrible decisions. He was a depressed bum squandering that Georgetown degree when the series starts. Him and Issa aren’t getting along, but he’s still faithful when Tasha is throwing it at him. And when dude gets on, he takes the girl who was holding him down ring shopping. Season 2 he deals with the fall out. Season 3, he starts being a ho, and at the end decides it’s not for him and wants to settle down. Growth.

No other character did that. Issa went from cheating on Lawrence, to trying to be a ho, to making terrible life choices with Nathan and the TSA dude, while basically being unemployed.

Molly is still doing all the same shyt she was doing in season 1.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
We’re not really missing any signs. This sites demo is black males between 20 and 40. Lawrence is the closest thing we have ever seen in terms of representation of a relatively normal black dude as a major character on a show. For most of the shows your options were uber square like Carlton and Urkel or cool slacker like Will or Eddie or Theo or dumb ass like Junior on my wife and kids.

Lawrence is also the only character whose had growth and doesn’t double down on terrible decisions. He was a depressed bum squandering that Georgetown degree when the series starts. Him and Issa aren’t getting along, but he’s still faithful when Tasha is throwing it at him. And when dude gets on, he takes the girl who was holding him down ring shopping. Season 2 he deals with the fall out. Season 3, he starts being a ho, and at the end decides it’s not for him and wants to settle down. Growth.

No other character did that. Issa went from cheating on Lawrence, to trying to be a ho, to making terrible life choices with Nathan and the TSA dude, while basically being unemployed.

Molly is still doing all the same shyt she was doing in season 1.

Okay love. IMO, you guys are missing things, but I don’t feel like arguing right now.