Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Or better yet, Issa talking like she’s some catch. Her life is a fukking mess...

Issa is a straight bum. Her circle of friends has completely lapped her in the game of life. Kelly is a CPA I believe, Molly's a lawyer, Tiffany I don't know that it was ever spelled out what she does for a living but she seems to be well off(or at least she married well).

Issa doesn't fit. She's in her early 30s trying to get off of square one.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I can see Issa and Lawrence smashing one more time, but I don't see them getting back together. If they do get back together, I expect the show ends with them breaking up mutually and being better for their brief reunion.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
From what I understand(it's all vague since we didn't see anything before s1) - Lawrence was trying to get his app off the ground and he had not worked for anyone for a while and lived off his savings and later, his unemployment. He wasn't broke the whole time they were together but they established he had been down on his luck for a while in s1.

If i’m not mistaken I think it was stated that he was unemployed for the last two years of the five years

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
From what I understand(it's all vague since we didn't see anything before s1) - Lawrence was trying to get his app off the ground and he had not worked for anyone for a while and lived off his savings and later, his unemployment. He wasn't broke the whole time they were together but they established he had been down on his luck for a while in s1.
I believe they said later that he was unemployed for 2 years. It’s also why i called bullshyt on her talking about his potential. It doesn’t track... even in season 1 when he started working at Best Buy they made a point to say that it was him taking a step down while he tried to get back to a better job like he had before.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I believe they said later that he was unemployed for 2 years. It’s also why i called bullshyt on her talking about his potential. It doesn’t track... even in season 1 when he started working at Best Buy they made a point to say that it was him taking a step down while he tried to get back to a better job like he had before.

I think the timeline is - Graduated from Georgetown - worked for a tech company - left tech company, tried to go it on his own - app failed - chilling on the bouch

Daps

It couldn’t have even been 2 years. The longest anyone had ever been allowed to collect unemployment is 99 weeks during the recession, and I don’t remember any conversations about him being at the end of his eligible benefits.

that potential conversation is bull shyt. He leveled up and took her ass ring shopping. She fukked a sound cloud rapper after Lawrence got his shyt together. How are we leaving that out.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It couldn’t have even been 2 years. The longest anyone had ever been allowed to collect unemployment is 99 weeks during the recession, and I don’t remember any conversations about him being at the end of his eligible benefits.

that potential conversation is bull shyt. He leveled up and took her ass ring shopping. She fukked a sound cloud rapper after Lawrence got his shyt together. How are we leaving that out.
Exactly...

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Yeah Lawrence did invite himself to that get together
Ol girl was clearly balking :mjlol:
A definite sign to take note of.
I like Lawrence and Condola together but Lawrence aint a let chill and let's see where it goes type nikka. He done envisioning the kids and picket fence and shyt
You think he moved on from Issa's cheating ass but he self sabotages every single time

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
question was dumb as hell but tbh a woman saying some stupid shyt and thinking she made sense is as realistic as can be lol
Exactly. It's always hilarious to me how people complain about characters saying stupid shyt and how it's "unrealistic" as though people don't constantly say dumb shyt every day.