Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Look at her, all the so called romantic/sex scenes that she's in, it's always wack. Her gazes, body language, everything etc. She's not into black guys at all.

Compare that to tasha or that new chick feeling lawrence. Issa has absolutely no chemistry with black guys, no strong sexual feelings. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Nah, you're just projecting your feelings about Issa Rae on the show.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
*Even Molly has made progress, her phone call shows that, but also that dude Andrew.....I like and hate at the same time, how you will see responses from men in here, saluting his brusqueness an irritation, when really is shows, again, (one of the shows themes) immaturity. If you liked someone, and things went a little awry, for whatever reason, why act like that? "I got shyt to do". Dude is playing video games. People either learn or they don't how to handle emotionally complex situations, and quality of life improves greatly when you can. Pettiness and resentment gets you nowhere.

I would've been just like Andrew. I've dated around a lot and refuse to deal with women who can't express through words if I've gone too far or said something they didn't like. Nothing I hate more than dealing with a woman that I have to walk on eggshells around. So her getting up leaving the restaurant like that because of something I said would've been it for me. After that disrespect I'm definitely playing her short when she tries to contact me again to let her know that type of behavior won't be tolerated. Had the same problem with an ex who loved to dish it but you say anything remotely critical about her and it's WW3. Was really close to getting back with her until I seen she still had that prolem and it killed all attraction I had to her.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If they were given a ninth episode where Nahan got one more episode to explore what was going on with him then I may have liked this season better. But they kinda left the audience hanging on talking about mental illness. Nathan said he was having a bad day because depression works that way where you'll be great one day and feel terrible the next. He couldn't talk about what was going on with him so he runs away instead of confronting his issues.

Whether they bring him back next season? I don't know but if they can bring back Jared and Daniel, anything is possible with this show.

One thing I don't really like (but understand cuz it's real) is how they make it seem like they just gotta be with somebody. Molly lowkey needs a full year of no dating. Issa needs to get her finances and career in order so she really doesn't need to be dating Nathan either.

But if they did that, we would have no show lol.
Some were questioning how Issa could afford her new furniture until they realised she gets paid as the property manager. :beli:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I would've been just like Andrew. I've dated around a lot and refuse to deal with women who can't express through words if I've gone too far or said something they didn't like. Nothing I hate more than dealing with a woman that I have to walk on eggshells around. So her getting up leaving the restaurant like that because of something I said would've been it for me. After that disrespect I'm definitely playing her short when she tries to contact me again to let her know that type of behavior won't be tolerated. Had the same problem with an ex who loved to dish it but you say anything remotely critical about her and it's WW3. Was really close to getting back with her until I seen she still had that prolem and it killed all attraction I had to her.

I would say there's a pretty wide line between "walking on egg shells" and throwing a remark like Andrew's at someone with whom you have gone out once, and clearly haven't formed that kind of bond. Who cares if she left? She clearly needed to, and wasn't stable, lacked the ability to express herself. It really isn't a big deal for him. He simply gets a drink and pays the tab, and moves on. Insensitivity to others isn't a strength.

As far as Nathan, maybe the do go the mental health angle, dude did show up with flowers like a wierdo, unannounced. He did put his hands on the dude in the Lyft, and run away, but he was seemingly cutting hair (in LA?) and hanging wit his Mom on IG, the duration of his absence. So, there isn't a lot of credibility there. However, it is unimportant to me, he can stay or go. His purpose was served.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I would say there's a pretty wide line between "walking on egg shells" and throwing a remark like Andrew's at someone with whom you have gone out once, and clearly haven't formed that kind of bond. Who cares if she left? She clearly needed to, and wasn't stable, lacked the ability to express herself. It really isn't a big deal for him. He simply gets a drink and pays the tab, and moves on. Insensitivity to others isn't a strength.

As far as Nathan, maybe the do go the mental health angle, dude did show up with flowers like a wierdo, unannounced. He did put his hands on the dude in the Lyft, and run away, but he was seemingly cutting hair (in LA?) and hanging wit his Mom on IG, the duration of his absence. So, there isn't a lot of credibility there. However, it is unimportant to me, he can stay or go. His purpose was served.
There is a wide line, but I'm just saying I understand where the character is coming from. I'm the type that laughs at my pain and lives in my truth. I need someone that's the same way. With the way she opened up about the foul shyt she's done he probably assumed it was fair game to make jokes about it. And if not a mature woman would tell him straight up "that's too far" and keep the conversation moving. It seems you're putting the whole burden of maturity on the man while excusing Molly's behaviors.

I do get what you're saying about the appropriate type jokes to tell to people you're just getting to know. I'm the type that takes it to the next level quick so I know who I'm dealing with and don't waste my time if they can't handle a personality like mine.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, you're just projecting your feelings about Issa Rae on the show.

Nah man, she aint into black dudes, it's quite obvious. She doesn't have chemistry with any black dude on a romantic level on the show. You don't believe me, visualize her being in a interracial situation and watch how shyt will flip real quick.

I know it's coming soon, so be prepared and remember the shyt I said when it eventually happens. :laff: :russ:

There is absolutely no way she's not going to do this, the inevitable is coming, she's just waiting for the perfect time to sneak it in. :popcorn:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This season was pretty good but it definitely felt like set up fodder for next season.There are a lot of unresolved story lines going on, but on the bright side it gives the writers a lot of room to make a really great season next year.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There is a wide line, but I'm just saying I understand where the character is coming from. I'm the type that laughs at my pain and lives in my truth. I need someone that's the same way. With the way she opened up about the foul shyt she's done he probably assumed it was fair game to make jokes about it. And if not a mature woman would tell him straight up "that's too far" and keep the conversation moving. It seems you're putting the whole burden of maturity on the man while excusing Molly's behaviors.

I do get what you're saying about the appropriate type jokes to tell to people you're just getting to know. I'm the type that takes it to the next level quick so I know who I'm dealing with and don't waste my time if they can't handle a personality like mine.

Of course Molly is insecure and immature, and all those things! That is the show. And, sure, maybe her departure was over the top, but she doesn't owe that guy much of anything, two dates, and he's acting like that? No personal disrespect, but your approach is pretty ridiculous. I'll just offend people until I meet someone who isn't offended? not very empathetic or understanding or the wide range of personalities or people. If someone is too immature, to deal with, you never meet them at their level, you stay on your own.

And, I am someone who isn't easily offended at all, can take and make jokes at my own expense always. But, not everyone is like that, in fact, most people aren't, and in fact many who claim they aren't, they really are, in my experience. Like I have a fairly troubled background, from drugs, alcoholism, and jail, working low level jobs when I was younger...no issue talking about it, or laughing about it, or someone laughing at me. But, if on a first date I made like a joke about her getting a parking ticket and she said....

"Well, at least I never sat in jail on my Mom's birthday, and had to call to tell her, after getting strip searched in county"

I could laugh that off, and just note that about her, but that would be way past appropriate.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
another thing is their world is too small. they live in big ass LA, but stay running into the same small circle of people no matter where they go. I live in a city, and when I go to different places, I certainly DON'T run into my same group of people I know at each place.
the black community in LA is kinda small breh

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Lmao wow, six degrees of separation shyt for real.

Issa and Lawrence both talking to the same girl but for different reasons. That gives Lawerence's plot the opportunity to continue next season.

I doubt Issa and the Lyft dude work out but who knows.