Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
*Even Molly has made progress, her phone call shows that, but also that dude Andrew.....I like and hate at the same time, how you will see responses from men in here, saluting his brusqueness an irritation, when really is shows, again, (one of the shows themes) immaturity. If you liked someone, and things went a little awry, for whatever reason, why act like that? "I got shyt to do". Dude is playing video games. People either learn or they don't how to handle emotionally complex situations, and quality of life improves greatly when you can. Pettiness and resentment gets you nowhere.
Yeah naw. you cant give Molly 3yrs worth of opportunities for being a bytch and self centered then criticize Andrew for choosing NOT to interact with Molly or have overall dryness towards her. This isnt about "men in here", especially when as I said, people have allowed Molly to be the most grating of personalities for years. Its not "things going a little awry". He was very mature about it as most adults will be over someone that showed their character on the very first date. There is no relationship that has been cultivated nor has she earned the right to be given the benefit of doubt. She was a bytch. Plain and simple. Youre confusing the actions of Andrew as immature because you want something to come of that relationship as it pertains to Molly's character and development over the episode. Thats a sign of a well crafted subplot. That however is not the burden that Andrew has. He met someone he thought he liked, they went out. She was a bytch. He left the situation along as most mature people would. Her coming to his house unannounced, uninvited and further proving to him why he shouldnt fukk with her solidifies his position from everyone's viewpoint except the viewer. Him playing a videogame doesnt negate whether he had something to do when in reality he couldve answered the phone with a "fukk do you want". If he wanted to prestige in COD on his night off, that certainly classifies as having shyt to do instead of talking to Molly. Nothing his character did or said is immature.
:hubie:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They Should’ve done better with the reasoning for Nathan’s absence. That and they should’ve had SOME type of closure to the Molly/Dro drama.

Other than that I was satisfied with the season.
On some real shyt. My girl was like, "yo i thought he was gonna reveal he has some kinda mental disorder, like depression or some shyt. Anxiety or something."
we was sittin there waiting for that, but i guess MAYBE that was just some sloppy writing. Cause that shyt was dumb as hell!
and like someone else said, the fukk was the point of Daniel in this season?
:what:

Needed more pregnant Diva you ask me.
:takedat:

i dont even know how i feel about this season. it was aaaaaaight i guess. i just hate when characters get caught in that "what the hell am i doing" limbo type shyt.
like i still be lookin at that Ballers show and im still tryna figure out, what has these two muthafukkas accomplished in these however many seasons??
:deadmanny:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The finale was a good episode but a strange choice for a season finale. Left the season feeling incomplete almost like the HBO cut season short but isn’t what happened, so I’m just confused why everything ended so abruptly.

I am of the belief that they really have no over-arcing story to this and are simply making it up as they go. They could've wrapped the Daniel storyline up in the season premiere. They really miscalculated not having Lawrence in the majority of the season. I'm supporting Issa but she's really a horrible actress and focusing on her story just amplifies this fact

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They Should’ve done better with the reasoning for Nathan’s absence. That and they should’ve had SOME type of closure to the Molly/Dro drama.

Other than that I was satisfied with the season.
I think they’re purposely holding back on explaining Nathan’s disappearence til season 4.

I don’t need to see fukking Dro ever again, he can just vanish Judy On Family Matters style for all I care. Him and that storyline was wack.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Finale and season was underwhelming :yeshrug:

The homie Lawrence came through and saved the second half, but I'm good with him moving on to Promotor Bae. Pops hit him with that real spill pep talk, but that shyt has the potential to be real messy next season if/when Issa finds out Promotor Bae and Lawrence are kicking it

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
The major problem with this finale to me is that there is absolutely nothing that makes me *have* to view the season premiere next year. In previous seasons, either you were looking forward to the finale or to see what happened at the start of the next season. I wasn't even aware that this was the finale this season. It's almost written like the old sitcoms where they're not sure if they're gonna get renewed next year so they put a semi bow on the storylines just in case they get the boot.

Most of this season felt like a light appetizer instead of a main course meal. The pacing was inconsistent and it took half the season for them to get in a groove. Also, they're gonna have to give Molly some kind of direction and depth soon or push her to the background. Her Dro storyline was at least partially interesting but it never hit a climax. The office scenes were :yawn: and felt like a large waste of time.

Ultimately I'm going to probably always support because it's still decent, but they need to go to the drawing board and capture some of that magic from previous seasons.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I thought Nathan was gonna say that he was bi-polar. That would of made perfect sense.

The way he sounded like he was ready to cry leads me to believe he's either bipolar or suffering from heavy depression (and not the "I'm having a bad day" kind). It would have been a cool twist on the ghosting if a better explanation was given.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Didn't like the finale or this season overall. 5/10.
  • Like previously said spending so much time with Daniel was a waste
  • Lawrence and Chad being back was welcome but the Lawrence misdirection in the finale was just whatever. They fake like he was gonna 'work' w/ Issa based on his Dad's advice only to have him link with Issa's new networking buddy. *Snore* too convenient and not realistic.
  • Molly is a mess and now has alienated everyone at work. She's hustling backwards.
  • Issa's interview at the new non-profit was cringe worthy. Her blurting out the organization name like a cheer at the end of an interview was supposed to be endearing but made her seem crazy and in real life would negate her from being hired.
  • Nathan's explanation was weak as fukk, thanks to the posters who picked up on that signalling he has mental problems because I did not pick up on that.
  • And while Issa is doing better than she was the start of the season she still got aways to go. Being a bad apartment manager still looking for a real job is not an accomplishment.
I'll always watch this show but this was a huge step down from the first two seasons. I used to like this better than Atlanta and this season really illustrated it's not in the same league.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
It's pretty obvious they just didn't want to outright say Nathan has depression/bipolar disorder. Breh was trying to explain it without actually saying it and Issa (like a lot of people) thought dude was just being shady and fukked up.

I'd be surprised if they don't say that's his issue next season and use it as a mental health awareness type of thing.

I wanted them to bring up Issa raw dawging Nathan before this season ended. It's been a month since he ghosted so I expected her to miss her period or something and be like :mjcry: in the finale. The Nathan show up at the end and she like :mjcry: I got something to tell you Nathan.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
I'm disappointed with all of the folks finding excuses for Molly when she was overtly in the wrong for since, what seems like the beginning of the series. The writers went out of their way to show Molly take L after L after L, she needs the Filipino to check her and call her out. The law firm mess was a moment of clarity that Issa predicted the night before. Jared leveling up to a chocolate honey was another smack to Molly after she jumped to conclusions and told the crew her assumptions of their run in. Now as we catch up Lawrence, who is coming off as the most stable character in the show at the moment. Learning from mistakes and growing into a well rounded adult who is figuring out what he wants. Issa is following suit, what will eventually bring her back to Lawrence is her going through the experience of enterprise like Lawrence. I notice they went to great lengths to show how they compliment one another, something that simply wasn't able to be done. You see the difference between Lawrence and Daniel regarding Issa's communication with them. While he happens to be dating Issa's new bff, I want to hope that the revelation between the two won't be a problem. The season was great, I'm even convinced that Daniel will make an appearance in season 4 to wrap up his storyline. They pulled the fakeout but Lawrence showing up brought balance to the show. Good season after all.