Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
One thing I appreciate about the show Is that it isn’t until you see both Lawrence and Issa with other people that you realize how perfect they are for each OTHER.

Yeah. Not sure if it's the fact that they were together for so long or if that's just the chemistry between them. I could see them ending up together by the time the show ends.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeah. Not sure if it's the fact that they were together for so long or if that's just the chemistry between them. I could see them ending up together by the time the show ends.
That chemistry is a bytch. Me and the mother of my children have an amazing chemistry. Anytime we're around each other we can laugh and joke and talk all day long. Everytime would have me thinking about giving it another chance even though I know that we don't work as a couple. Some people really do work better as friends.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Does it bother anyone else that Issa seemingly has a different hairstyle in every scene? Reminds me of that ray j meme where his beanie is being worn differently every time they cut to him.

Also, she has a really ugly looking smile.

Season was meh.. might be done with the show altogether.
Aye, in her defense she lost a lot of weight since the days she did Awkward Black Girl, the web series this show is loosely based on. She is okay but Molly is fine to me.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
One thing I appreciate about the show Is that it isn’t until you see both Lawrence and Issa with other people that you realize how perfect they are for each OTHER.
Facts, I told people they gonna end up together because why else would they bring his character back. It will happen eventually.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
HBO needs to quit with these 8 episode seasons. even the rock is doing like 10 episodes each year with ballers and he's mad busy.

and ALL of the showtime series are at least 12 episodes a season. hell, even power is 10 episodes on starz. but HBO is tight as fukk with their shows.

Facts! Only 8 episodes? That's just being lazy :gucci:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I won't say this was their best, but this season really ended strongly. I agree regarding the three characters not needing Issa as well. I think we are going to get that next season too because I feel Molly and Issa are gonna fall out and be on their own for a bit. And Lawrence is living his best life with no Issa except as friends.

I am also not sure why people are upset the Daniel arc. it makes sense. Dude is a side character who cant get out of his own way. We will see him pop up but he not an important dude and Issa realized she can't get with him.

My only concern is that them all turning 30 has now made them start getting on track, which isnt true for most of us, lol.
I really liked a lot of the themes this season tackled. I'm sure we all loved season 1, but looking back it played on the most obvious and prevalent example of insecurity in relationships: trust/cheating. Maybe just how relatable that is makes it so easy for it to be intriguing. Obviously the Lawrence character was a hit with men and helped how that season was viewed as well, but I think this season really flexed what this show can really be and that's much more than just a romantic comedy. Molly's arc examining her self destructive ways and tendancy to push people away was especially compelling to watch. Lawrence's lack of fulfillment despite the fact he seems to be living it up like every dude wishes he could after a huge breakup. Issa just trying to grow up and stop depending on a man for self worth. The romantic dynamic between men and women will always be present and essentially the back bone of the show, but it doesn't have to be what makes it interesting and this season proved to me they can get even better.

God knows my dumb ass ain't on track at 31:francis:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Just like Atlanta's title sequences, someone needs to make a compilation of the city overlook transitions in between scenes. Them shyts are beautiful.

Insecure really came out at the right time, the music picks go hand-in-hand with the show's atmosphere like no other and I don't think I could say that if it premiered 10 years ago.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I really liked a lot of the themes this season tackled. I'm sure we all loved season 1, but looking back it played on the most obvious and prevalent example of insecurity in relationships: trust/cheating. Maybe just how relatable that is makes it so easy for it to be intriguing. Obviously the Lawrence character was a hit with men and helped how that season was viewed as well, but I think this season really flexed what this show can really be and that's much more than just a romantic comedy. Molly's arc examining her self destructive ways and tendancy to push people away was especially compelling to watch. Lawrence's lack of fulfillment despite the fact he seems to be living it up like every dude wishes he could after a huge breakup. Issa just trying to grow up and stop depending on a man for self worth. The romantic dynamic between men and women will always be present and essentially the back bone of the show, but it doesn't have to be what makes it interesting and this season proved to me they can get even better.

God knows my dumb ass ain't on track at 31:francis:
I think they went into more depth this season, definitely. It was just muddled for the start.

I agree with the character development, 100%. Side characters like Kelli, Chad, and even Tiffany became three-dimensional.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
curly hair church girl feeling him

This was the move. Lawrence lost...:snoop:

e48505ab287c2516dec3d9065e49f224.500x542x1.jpg

EDIT: just found out this Freddie Gibbs baby moms/ Erick dikkerson's daughter:ohhh: