Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Am I the only one letdown by this season? We could at least have gotten two more episodes :gucci:
I feel the same way. Outside of Coachella and the baby shower episodes I felt like thre season went nowhere. Like yea this is supposed to be Issa trying to get her shyt together and figure things out but eh. Kelly impressed me a little in the baby shower episode with showing a little bit of drama acting. They dropped the ball with nathan not saying he has mental health problems. As a black man who is getting help for this much later than I should, I felt like it was a missed opportunity that I hope they go into next season.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I feel the same way. Outside of Coachella and the baby shower episodes I felt like thre season went nowhere. Like yea this is supposed to be Issa trying to get her shyt together and figure things out but eh. Kelly impressed me a little in the baby shower episode with showing a little bit of drama acting. They dropped the ball with nathan not saying he has mental health problems. As a black man who is getting help for this much later than I should, I felt like it was a missed opportunity that I hope they go into next season.

I think the show would've done better as a limited run series, sort of like Vice Principals, 18-20 episodes and done. I don't really think Issa and her writers know what direction they wanna take this thing in anymore and it shows, each season has been progressively worse and more scattershot.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Am I the only one letdown by this season? We could at least have gotten two more episodes :gucci:
I feel the same, I wanted more episodes as well.

Felt letdown.

He did say it though, said sometimes he gets down and negative as well. Also said he can't talk to people sometimes.

He didn't say it out right but he alluded to it heavily.

Last edited:

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did enjoy this season and the growth that the characters went thru. I was a bit bored with some of Issa's shyt though. I feel like things picked up on the back end, especially with the re-introduction of the dudes into the show.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another thing is their world is too small. they live in big ass LA, but stay running into the same small circle of people no matter where they go. I live in a city, and when I go to different places, I certainly DON'T run into my same group of people I know at each place.

LA's big but if you have your thing you will run into the same people because, despite its size, LA has pretty distinct neighborhoods / areas...and people have there favorite spots. City's big as fukk and I've run into the same few folks (co-workers, classmates, etc.) because we all have heavy overlap in where we live / what we do with our lives. Also, driving and commute time dominates so, while the city's big as fukk, you end up staying "local" in your neighborhood.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is a wide line, but I'm just saying I understand where the character is coming from. I'm the type that laughs at my pain and lives in my truth. I need someone that's the same way. With the way she opened up about the foul shyt she's done he probably assumed it was fair game to make jokes about it. And if not a mature woman would tell him straight up "that's too far" and keep the conversation moving. It seems you're putting the whole burden of maturity on the man while excusing Molly's behaviors.

I do get what you're saying about the appropriate type jokes to tell to people you're just getting to know. I'm the type that takes it to the next level quick so I know who I'm dealing with and don't waste my time if they can't handle a personality like mine.

This shyt is the best wave ever to be on :wow:. Both with women and people in general.

Been 2 years strong on this and it makes life so much simpler.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This shyt is the best wave ever to be on :wow:. Both with women and people in general.

Been 2 years strong on this and it makes life so much simpler.
Exactly. I been on it about 10 years. Me and my boy was joking around about tired of being polite with women so we said fukk it let's just let loose. Women loved that shyt so stayed on it. And I loved the fact that it saved me time from letting out the real me later on hoping that it didn't turn a woman off.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Coachella episode was a letdown :camby:, too much forced "jokes." Should have spent more time showing Issa/Nathan and Molly/Andrew developing the relationships. Later episodes suffered due to this

Baby shower episode was great, Lawrence was smanging these hoes :myman:. Liked the tension between Tiffani and Kelly drifting apart due to the baby, very realistic. Bum ass Dro acting homotional :comeon:

Disheveled Issa getting her Sherlock Holmes on was :mjlol::mjlol:. I feel Molly did the right thing at work, fukk Taurean he always wants the shine. She messed up by playing both sides of the office though, she felt that ether in the finale :huhldup:

I liked the finale, but never really cared for Nathan as a character. They meandered too much with his story. Lawrence should have stayed with the church girl but I am interested in the dynamic with the new girl

I really want to see Issa make some progress on the career front, she's finally trying to make the right moves. It is not easy to be the one failing in the friend group and getting shyt on left and right by the world :francis:. Ironically she is going through all the same things Lawrence did when he was depressed and unemployed but she failed to realize it or acknowledge it to him :wow:. Molly is right with adopting the ruthless corporate attitude at work, but she is letting it seep into her social personality - Issa kept it real with her

I see Elston Limehouse made it from Harlan, KY to LA and started preaching :russ:. Chad was funny as usual, they need to buld him up more like they did Kelli

See yall next season

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Hey y’all turn to Rel, y’all favorite rebound relationship chick Tasha is on here right now. Y’all missed her last season, see her nerdish glory.

It’s her with some braids and glasses, everything else is still there.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hey y’all turn to Rel, y’all favorite rebound relationship chick Tasha is on here right now. Y’all missed her last season, see her nerdish glory.

It’s her with some braids and glasses, everything else is still there.

I was really let down by the pilot of Rel. Was so hype for Rel, Sinbad, produced by Jerrord Carmichael and i didn’t laugh ONCE.

Has it gotten better?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I was really let down by the pilot of Rel. Was so hype for Rel, Sinbad, produced by Jerrord Carmichael and i didn’t laugh ONCE.

Has it gotten better?
Umm... for it being my 1st episode... with nothing to put it against other than the charmichael show & his stand up... no I can’t say it’s too funny. Like sinbad made a funny joke about difficulty dating beyond his wife’s death that was chuckle worthy.

I noticed he had situations in the episode that was literally from his stand up. It was about dating a person with glasses while being a person who wears glasses... I laughed at that. But nah it’s not that funny & Rel is my dude too. Like I said in the Rel thread, I miss the Carmichael Show.