Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I enjoyed this season but that was a lackluster season finale. This whole season going by the little after show is just build up to whatever fukkery happens next season. I feel like a couple more episodes with a dash of fukkery would’ve made a better season end than this imo.

Like another poster said earlier what was the whole point of Daniel’s little arc nothing came outta that:patrice:

I hope next season they write better plot lines for these characters. Molly really starting to get on my nerves with here self sabotaging potential relationships. I would like to see more episodes about kelly or even the light skinned chick they probably have more interesting lives than Molly’s ass

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Next season the final season?
They can squeeze 2 more seasons out if they wanted to. The writing has to be better though. I don’t know if the writers from season 2 left, but this season to me never had the same writing crispness.

There were some good lines here and there, but the album lacked classic verses/songs.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved the finale, and had no real issue with the season overall. I liked that all the characters are written as a little less emotionally mature and intelligent than they probably should be, which showcases the growth, throughout the series. I liked that Issa and Molly were able to talk through the issues they had at the end, without the kind of anger and cutting remarks that we saw earlier in the series. That is growth.

Loved the setting of the graveyard, as a backdrop for the culture in LA, and, at the same time, a collection of ghosts and exes of seasons past. As I wrote in a previous post, this happened very recently, not an ex, just someone I spent a night with, and this happens frequently to me. It really is a sign of ones maturity and emotional intelligence to have positive interactions with someone. A lot of people I know, duck and hide, or have awkward ass stilted conversations, or even angry ones. Even if for no other reason, you will always look better, the less awkward you are.

Didn't last season end with Issa trashing her apartment? Or maybe earlier in season. Either way, she finished unpacking (figuratively and literally) and created a life for herself, instead of trashing what she had, after an emotional talk with Nathan. Which, was fairly limited and showed how poor at communication people can be. He didn't do a great job of explaining his actions, and Issa didn't do a great job of explaining why it bothered her so much, though she did try.

*Didn't see the Lawerence twist coming, I thought Nathan for some reason, whereas Lawrence obviously makes more sense. I forgot her character was at the shower.

*Even Molly has made progress, her phone call shows that, but also that dude Andrew.....I like and hate at the same time, how you will see responses from men in here, saluting his brusqueness an irritation, when really is shows, again, (one of the shows themes) immaturity. If you liked someone, and things went a little awry, for whatever reason, why act like that? "I got shyt to do". Dude is playing video games. People either learn or they don't how to handle emotionally complex situations, and quality of life improves greatly when you can. Pettiness and resentment gets you nowhere.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
"nikka you ain't a window!"

:mjlol:

That part had me :russ:, along with Molly calling Issa Harriet the Spy. Lawrence might not be a window, but dude sure is a magnet. Every episode got a new fine woman attracted to him :wow:. Since the Issa breakout - Tasha, grocery store threesome, Aparna, STD hookup montage, curly hair church girl feeling him, now to Last Dragon Divorce Bae :whew:. I figured as soon as she mentioned to Issa she had a date, it might end up being him.

Same with Molly freaking out about seeing Jarred with a guy :bryan:, only for him to introduce his new girl to the group :mjgrin:.

Molly's new black law firm didn't do much for me this season, but I generally enjoy all of her scenes with Issa :ehh:.

Yeah, I definitely got a depression or bi-polar vibe with Nathan's explanation to Issa :jbhmm:. More than just simple ghosting.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
It was a :ooh: moment when I saw Harold Cooper was Lawrence's dad.
I’m gonna forever associate him with the dude from Mo Money. I was yelling ‘Amber!! Amber!! Amber open the fukking door amber.

...Keith Heading told me that joke ...’

:russ:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
First 4 episodes of this season were just a waste. Last 4 episodes tightened things up. Honestly, once Lawrence came back, then this show got moving. Lawrence was is such a pivotal character, especially as it concerns Issa. Not having him on the show was a big disservice.

6.5/10 for Season 3

I havent seen a single episode of this season and i have to see this shyt was extremely mismanaged. If you know a large portion of your audience watches the show to see what happens with Lawrence why would you go to such great lengths to deny that he was in this season? Me and a couple brehs i know didnt even watch the shyt because they said he wasnt in the show anymore. Then once i heard through the grapevine he was back i didnt feel like watching back episodes to get caught up. From what im reading its not worth it anyway.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The finale was a good episode but a strange choice for a season finale. Left the season feeling incomplete almost like the HBO cut season short but i know that isn’t what happened, so I’m just confused why everything ended so abruptly.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
ctfu this nikka Nathan ghost explanation was weak af. should have cried on queue and had a death certificate on hand :stopitslime:.
Its not really weak because Im pretty sure he is dealing with some mental illness or severe depression. I got that vibe off how he was written and how he explained it.