Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
So what do y'all think happened with Nathan?

He's clearly not dead or missing or in jail (as some speculated here last week). He's ghosting her. I'm thinking he was just kicking it with Issa so she wouldn't get him in trouble over the Lyft incident. But that seems like a ridiculous amount of effort to go through just to keep her on your side, so maybe not.

Part of me is hoping they DON'T provide any closure on that front, since that is usually how ghosting plays out. You don't get your answers, eventually you just gotta move on. :yeshrug:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I know the show is about insecurities and such but Issa went off the deep end this episode going thru homie's stuff and computer. Issa on the whole acts like she just turned 21 compared to who she is a 30something. Being that pressed at that age is looney tunes but maybe being with Lawrence so long she hasn't learned how to play it cool. Whatever just extremely unattractive.
Lawrence is a cool brother but those pants he wore to church look like the bottom part of a woman's pants suit. :mjlol:
Chad is the funniest. So glad he and Lawrence are back. While Kelly is also funny this guy is more my sense of humor.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If dumb ass Lawrence curves church bae for Issa :snoop:
He went there trying to find direction though. Him smashing ole girl will put him right back at odds with the reason he sought church in the first place. Thats one of those situations where its just "bad timing". If he met her before it'd be different. Right now, he needs to not fukk with nobody. Just a friend really. Thats probably gonna be Issa.

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV

He's clearly not dead or missing or in jail (as some speculated here last week). He's ghosting her. I'm thinking he was just kicking it with Issa so she wouldn't get him in trouble over the Lyft incident. But that seems like a ridiculous amount of effort to go through just to keep her on your side, so maybe not.

Part of me is hoping they DON'T provide any closure on that front, since that is usually how ghosting plays out. You don't get your answers, eventually you just gotta move on. :yeshrug:
Hope it turns out that he wasn't ghosting her, he was just depressed and needed time to himself. Could open up a dialogue about male depression.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps

This

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Molly is fukkn insufferable. She really thinks she's better than she is because of her job. That's quite literally her crutch in the world. Without that she'd be in Issa's position, both socially and emotionally.
And the bish ugly. Idgaf what anyone says. She looks like a bug. Personality is trash. A nikka don't care about yo job.
:camby:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I knew I wasn't crazy. Church Bae is Freddie Gibbs baby mama. That muthafukka is bad:takedat:

I'm just tired of Molly and her bullshyt. Chic really turning her nose up at people when they call her out on her bullshyt. She loves to hide behind her money and job and still aint got nobody. I know quite a handful in real life that are the same way.
Issa went full crazy chasing that non acting ass Nathan. Man shyt just aint that deep for most men. She curve you after yall hook up move on but it's interesting seeing how much it fukks with women and makes them feel they aint good enough when men do it and they go off the deep end.