Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Molly is a great character, I know too many like her. We just watched her torpedo a potential simply because she felt he got too familiar too fast. When in reality, he was just following her lead in terms of criticizing each other's choices. Molly is ashamed of her actions so when she found out how much Molly squared had revealed she decided to run for cover. She needs to gain some inner peace and acceptance over who she is and what's she's done before she can ever become intimate with someone otherwise she'll always be trying to hide stuff and creating invisible landmines like one we saw blow up this episode.

With things starting to go south at work, I just dunno if Molly's gonna be able to take it

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Molly in general breh. Chick got legit issues.

And now this scrub Issa is being a weirdo snooping thru breh’s shyt rather than accept her L. Can’t buss it open for a taco, buss it open on a Ferris wheel and then wonder why this sus ass dude is in the witness protection program

All she literally had to do was have Molly say to Andrew, “Yo I’m feeling you... but what’s up with ya boy? Why he do my girl dirty like that?”

Andrew wouldn’t snitch but he could at least provide some context. Plus he liked Molly so he might get Nathan to at least text Issa back.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Guess I'm moving to LA, never been on the west coast before :jawalrus:

I hope you got a better reason to make life changing decisions than some pretty hoes. :snoop:

Issa hit a new all time low stalking this dude and smh, this is the set up for them to get back together.

I hope we get to see some more of the new baddie he got cause it would be ashamed if they don't work more with this and he just threw her to the side while he goes back to Issa.

Taking back Issa. I was thinking they should and probably would get back together for the sake of the plot but the more I think about it the more it's best he doesn't get back with her lol.

We won’t see any more of church bae. Btw, that whole situation was unrealistic. Ain’t no attractive single woman chasing you down after church. There were plenty of natural ways they could’ve met but I digress.

And I doubt Issa and Lawrence get back together too. The plot of this show is built on tension and drama. If they get back together it removes a lot of the drama. Plus it wouldn’t show growth for either one of them. Being friends works tho.

Daps
We won’t see any more of church bae. Btw, that whole situation was unrealistic. Ain’t no attractive single woman chasing you down after church. There were plenty of natural ways they could’ve met but I digress.

And I doubt Issa and Lawrence get back together too. The plot of this show is built on tension and drama. If they get back together it removes a lot of the drama. Plus it wouldn’t show growth for either one of them. Being friends works tho.

I don't think that was unrealistic if she wasn't tryna bag Lawrence but, rather, recruit him. She's a pretty girl, but something seemed off about her. Like she's way too deep into that church life, and her story has her getting that deep pretty quickly after joining the church.

I don't think Lawrence and Issa get back together either, well not this season.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I've loved the last few episodes after not feeling the early season.

Lowkey the funniest shyt to me was the combo of the Asian dude calling Molly out on being grimey for fukking a married dude and her leaving, then on the flip side telling Issa if you're real with somebody and they run off why would you want to be with them.
Molly is looking like an absolute mess.

I love it too, lol.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

Well I don't know about chasing you down but sexy women have given me the eye in church before.

You raise a good point about the drama bring lost if they get back together but my question is why bring his character back if they don't get back together eventually. I could see them being friends but feel by either in this finale or in the next season they will be dating. I mean even look at how eager Issa was to hang out with him after that seminar she attended.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope you got a better reason to make life changing decisions than some pretty hoes. :snoop:

Ehh, it's not that unrealistic. I've seen first-hand how thirsty single church-going women can get if a new man is at church :mjlol:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Ehh, it's not that unrealistic. I've seen first-hand how thirsty single church-going women can get if a new man is at church :mjlol:

Oh I agree. It was the chasing him down that had me like :stopitslime: That's why they could've wrote it in a way that was more natural. But it's just a minor nitpick.
Maybe I'm just :mjcry: cuz no woman has ever chased me down after church. And I know I'm a fly nikka. :stopitslime:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh I agree. It was the chasing him down that had me like :stopitslime: That's why they could've wrote it in a way that was more natural. But it's just a minor nitpick.
Maybe I'm just :mjcry: cuz no woman has ever chased me down after church. And I know I'm a fly nikka. :stopitslime:
To be honest it may just be bitterness like your spoiler says. Even I’ve been chased down before, but that was in my younger days. :sadcam: