Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
*It was implied he really was in an open relationship, as his wife called one morning, and he was just like "I'm at Molly's"

Great episode, I actually watched it on vacation, in another country, on tv at like 1:00 AM, randomly going through channels, which always adds a layer of pleasure to it. I thought the episode brilliantly tracked the process of "ghosting", and the way everyone moves through the absurd, confusing, painful, comedic, and thrilling feeling that is love, attraction, dating, sex, intimacy.

The funny part is I KNOW that it is just an emotional reaction, and I will be laughing about it a few weeks, or months later. With maybe a wince of pain here or there. Ironically, an hour or so before my trip, I ran into someone I went out with last year, and I was pretty taken with, great first date, a lot chemistry and attraction, and she actually didn't ghost, she wrote back a day later, and said she couldn't see me, she wasn't in a good place. I

And, I went through the whole process Issa does, to a more restrained degree. Why can't I see her again? I just wanted to go out, I didn't want anything serious! Why didn't I just say that? Who is she with or not with? And then after awhile, it didn't bother me. Anyway, saw her, and walked up, and we caught up for a few min, I texted her an hour or so later, and said she could still text me anytime, if she wanted. She said she just got out of a serious relationship, which I knew to be true, and that was it. Very sweet and considerate all around. The main point is it didn't bother me at all anymore. You go through a musical chairs type of thing if you really date frequently.

When I met her, there was three main girls, and I liked her the most. After briefly and still presently talking to two, I like the other one more, now, as we have gotten closer. Emotions are ever changing. So, that episode was personally very cathartic and relatable. Everyone has been there. If you date, at all. And I have never ghosted anyone, but I have not texted, for no real reason, after spending a good night with someone.

*Andrew is an ass, and was out of line in the bar, and at her house. You have to know the line between humor and tone, and impact. He's not smooth or funny, and she had every reason to leave. The fact he equated saying something personally hurtful, to her walking out, said it all.

Daps
*Andrew is an ass, and was out of line in the bar, and at her house. You have to know the line between humor and tone, and impact. He's not smooth or funny, and she had every reason to leave. The fact he equated saying something personally hurtful, to her walking out, said it all.

Interesting that you're shytting on Andrew here, I couldn't disagree more.

That was 100% on and about Molly. He didn't say anything hurtful that wasn't in response to what she was saying and he clearly wasn't coming from a mean place as he assumed she wasn't coming from a mean place when she called him grimy. He figured it was just the rapport they had gained when they first divulged this personal information about each other. Now they didn't show this convo on screen, but a pretty likely scenario is that Molly Squared was dogging herself out for the dirt she's done that she's ashamed of and Andrew told her his dirt to make her feel better on some "Nobody's prefect" shyt.

The problem is that the ever guarded Molly didn't remember Molly Squared had divulged so much personal shyt so she was embarrassed that Andrew saw her so clearly. The real her not the Molly she wants people to see. I say that was 100% on Molly cuz it's her refusal to be honest that has her so fukked up. She's not honest with anybody, not Andrew, not herself, not even her therapist. As much headway as she was making with her therapist, the last time we saw the therapist it was revealed that the therapist knew nothing about Dro! Clearly being a side chick to a married man (even if the wife was ok with it) was something that weighed on her both morally and in terms of her progress/stature in life, yet she wasn't working on that with her therapist??? Why?? Cuz guarded Molly was more worried about how she presented herself to her therapist then actually improving.

Guarded Molly is gonna forever sabotage her relationships until she actually starts being honest about who she is and what she's done. She's not a horrible person, but she can't seem to convince herself of that so she runs for cover whenever someone sees more than she wants them to see.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Interesting that you're shytting on Andrew here, I couldn't disagree more.

That was 100% on and about Molly. He didn't say anything hurtful that wasn't in response to what she was saying and he clearly wasn't coming from a mean place as he assumed she wasn't coming from a mean place when she called him grimy. He figured it was just the rapport they had gained when they first divulged this personal information about each other. Now they didn't show this convo on screen, but a pretty likely scenario is that Molly Squared was dogging herself out for the dirt she's done that she's ashamed of and Andrew told her his dirt to make her feel better on some "Nobody's prefect" shyt.

The problem is that the ever guarded Molly didn't remember Molly Squared had divulged so much personal shyt so she was embarrassed that Andrew saw her so clearly. The real her not the Molly she wants people to see. I say that was 100% on Molly cuz it's her refusal to be honest that has her so fukked up. She's not honest with anybody, not Andrew, not herself, not even her therapist. As much headway as she was making with her therapist, the last time we saw the therapist it was revealed that the therapist knew nothing about Dro! Clearly being a side chick to a married man (even if the wife was ok with it) was something that weighed on her both morally and in terms of her progress/stature in life, yet she wasn't working on that with her therapist??? Why?? Cuz guarded Molly was more worried about how she presented herself to her therapist then actually improving.

Guarded Molly is gonna forever sabotage her relationships until she actually starts being honest about who she is and what she's done. She's not a horrible person, but she can't seem to convince herself of that so she runs for cover whenever someone sees more than she wants them to see.

Maybe he's not a complete a$$hole, but he lacks tact, and grace, which are important in dating and interpersonal relationships.....See, when Molly was kidding and saying he kissed his friend's girlfriend, it is an innocent tease, say a level 2 of 10, on the socially acceptable joke scale. When he counters with "Well, I am not sleeping with my friends husband", that is like a level 8.

No doubt Molly is defense and emotionally raw, and Andrew didn't know that, but regardless, that isn't what you say to a woman you barely know, and clearly isn't on that same level. What he says is "Oh, have you never done something like that"? And she would probably laugh and share a similar story or just defer, in a flirtatious way.

Now, could she have just stayed? Sure, and told Andrew, that is still raw and painful for me, please understand that. The tell is when he said the NEXT time, "Are both Molly's fukked up"? That is needlessly offensive. What he does is apologize, and play it very cool, but he was all in his feelings that she left him in the bar, acting like a little kid.

Daps
Maybe he's not a complete a$$hole, but he lacks tact, and grace, which are important in dating and interpersonal relationships.....See, when Molly was kidding and saying he kissed his friend's girlfriend, it is an innocent tease, say a level 2 of 10, on the socially acceptable joke scale. When he counters with "Well, I am not sleeping with my friends husband", that is like a level 8.

No doubt Molly is defense and emotionally raw, and Andrew didn't know that, but regardless, that isn't what you say to a woman you barely know, and clearly isn't on that same level. What he says is "Oh, have you never done something like that"? And she would probably laugh and share a similar story or just defer, in a flirtatious way.

Now, could she have just stayed? Sure, and told Andrew, that is still raw and painful for me, please understand that. The tell is when he said the NEXT time, "Are both Molly's fukked up"? That is needlessly offensive. What he does is apologize, and play it very cool, but he was all in his feelings that she left him in the bar, acting like a little kid.

I honestly don't see why you're painting Molly's dig as innocent and Andrew's as malicious. It was consistent with the rapport he had built with Molly. The only reason she got upset was cuz she didn't remember sharing that info. That's on her, not Molly.

And lol @ saying he was acting like a kid when the only reason she went to see Andrew again was cuz Issa demanded it to stalk Nathan. Andrew saw through her BS and called her on it. He had every right to be mad about that. Why do you feel it's ok to ditch someone and then just pop up at their house like?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You think there is a strong equivalency between saying you kissed someone's girlfriend, and saying you had an affair with your married childhood friend? As someone who can be quite blunt and cutting, even I know, intentional or not, that wasn't the move.

That isn't a second date/third hang out joke.