Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
My other homie graduated from U Penn, became a rapper for a while, and works at a Non profit now.

Ivy league isn't a guarantee, you still gotta hustle and make good decisions. smart niccas can def be complacent or lazy.
They both have to tools and connections to ball out after college but didn't make the moves too.

This sounds like shade to your homie, but I'm willing to bet you are selling him short. He got to live out his rap dream and is now giving back to the community.

Give the Kidz some credit, breh

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
do you watch survivors remorse?
Yesssss! I feel like that don't get enough love on the coli. shyt is no where to be found in the film room. Sad. Premier show inn starz after Power

And I'm so happy the clown ass lame nikka Lawrence ain't fukk her or much worse - marry her. That would've been an all time :merchant: :what: :snoop: but I could've seen it. Great season finale, just dope. Anyone knows when season 3 coming? July of next year? God I can't wait that long :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It makes sense for their characters, but doesn't make sense for mature adults. Particularly Molly. She doesn't have to stick with Quentin who she's not attracted to, but she also doesn't need to run back to Dro to play the side chick. There's more than two guys in L.A. She's a successful lawyer, but if she values herself as a side piece she can't expect anyone else to view her as anything more. She needs to start by opening up to the therapist about all this.

I think both Issa and Molly's relationship issues are similar...

Both of them were playing smut queen with CHILDHOOD FRIENDS/CRUSHES. You can't overlook the impact of that. Issa and Molly have known Daniel/Dro for most of their lives and both of them were always the "what if" types in the situation. So it's a bit more complicated than them just going back to the "wrong" dudes. They are, at this point, incapable of separating their romantic feelings with the friendships. Molly feels like Dro is someone she can talk to, open up to, someone who won't judge her. Someone whose seen her at her worst. Someone she can feel comfortable with.

Daniel is the same for Issa. He knew her back
When she was a goofy carefree girl who liked to freestyle. That's why she went overboard and overreacted when he came on her face. She can't separate her "friend" Daniel from a nikka who was just trying to get a nut. They were looking at the sexual act as two different things, and Issa is, in her current immaturity, unable to express to Daniel how she feels.

That's why engaging in sex with Friends is ALWAYS a slippery slope.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I think both Issa and Molly's relationship issues are similar...

Both of them were playing smut queen with CHILDHOOD FRIENDS/CRUSHES. You can't overlook the impact of that. Issa and Molly have known Daniel/Dro for most of their lives and both of them were always the "what if" types in the situation. So it's a bit more complicated than them just going back to the "wrong" dudes. They are, at this point, incapable of separating their romantic feelings with the friendships. Molly feels like Dro is someone she can talk to, open up to, someone who won't judge her. Someone whose seen her at her worst. Someone she can feel comfortable with.

Daniel is the same for Issa. He knew her back
When she was a goofy carefree girl who liked to freestyle. That's why she went overboard and overreacted when he came on her face. She can't separate her "friend" Daniel from a nikka who was just trying to get a nut. They were looking at the sexual act as two different things, and Issa is, in her current immaturity, unable to express to Daniel how she feels.

That's why engaging in sex with Friends is ALWAYS a slippery slope.
I feel like Issa had no right to even feel that way about Daniel when she been treating him like some "other nikka" as he so eloquently said it in the first season. Even more in this season. She didn't even respect their friendship to not even take it there with him like that considering he was her friend and she hurt him the way she did the first season. Treating the nikka like an afterthought. Blowing him off for other nikkas. Her completely uncalled for borderline disrespect towards him when he tried to be there for her after she crashed her car. She treated him like some random dikk. And got mad when she FELT like he treated her like some random p*ssy. One of the most selfish main characters I've seen on a TV show in a minute.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I feel like Issa had no right to even feel that way about Daniel when she been treating him like some "other nikka" as he so eloquently said it in the first season. Even more in this season. She didn't even respect their friendship to not even take it there with him like that considering he was her friend and she hurt him the way she did the first season. Treating the nikka like an afterthought. Blowing him off for other nikkas. Her completely uncalled for borderline disrespect towards him when he tried to be there for her after she crashed her car. She treated him like some random dikk. And got mad when she FELT like he treated her like some random p*ssy. One of the most selfish main characters I've seen on a TV show in a minute.

Men do the same thing (not all of course) but it happens.

That's one of the refreshing things about the show. It's not afraid to show that women can be as self centered and selfish as they claim all men to be.

Let's not act like Daniel is a saint though. He KNEW Issa was in a relationship and still dikked her down. He was right when he called her out for not being a "victim" in season 1 but he also should've known that being Guy number 2 has its drawbacks as well.

Hence my initial point. Smashing your friend, especially one you've been cool with for a number of years, will ALWAYS carry consequences. Especially if one of you (or both) is in a relationship.

It's another reason why the scene between Derek, Lawrence, and Chad has multiple layers. A lot of people like to point that conversation as "typical male insecurity" or whatever, but the shyt holds truth. You have to give any dude coming around your woman as a "friend" the side eye. Unless he's gay or related, he's a man with a dikk. And dikk desires vagina. That's basic human nature.

Lawrence wasn't wrong for giving Aparna the side eye. He was wrong for how he went about confronting it. Number 1, if home girl already smashed a co-worker; then you share that girl PERIOD and you shouldn't be seriously trying to date her. They already confirmed earlier in the season during the party where Lawrence ditched Tasha that they were all basically passing each other around at the office. Lawrence should've known then what the game was.