Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Next season we'll find out that Candace doesn't know shyt about any "open relationship". Watch Molly's dumb trifling ads stay.
That would be disappointing. I've never seen an open relationship or polyarmous relationship portrayed as truthful on TV with black people....so I was hoping they would explore it. Making it just another "he's lying and cheating" storyline would just make the whole thing boring and trite.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Just looked it up and Insecure had a 0.806 rating for the finale.

d1nmdvM.png

That Game of Thrones stimulus package wore off since they were averaging well over a million viewers for all of the other episodes this season that appeared after Game of Thrones.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just looked it up and Insecure had a 0.806 rating for the finale.

d1nmdvM.png

That Game of Thrones stimulus package wore off since they were averaging well over a million viewers for all of the other episodes this season that appeared after Game of Thrones.
their drop is nothing like Ballers.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
i dont know why it's so hard for some of you to believe it's real women like molly :what:
I know plenty. One in particular i met in an airport and we later bumped into a meeting with GE. Come to find out she was the persons ass we needed to kiss to get a contract approved for some 8 figure equipment. Biggest hoe I know (not judging). Passes herself off as this black elite who's making moves in the corporate world. Ain't met a dikk she won't suck

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
truth be told...the average woman is a lot closer to Molly than whatever idealistic view some suckas in here have

In her drive and her ambition? Or her indecisiveness in dating?

I ask because, in my personal experiences, driven women are very much like Molly. They'll secretly bang the Dro guys and marry outside of their race once there is no higher ceiling to penetrate in their profession.

The average woman in my world is a lot like Issa where a dude like Lawrence is dating down when he shacks up with a woman like her. If anything, Lawrence should be happy he dodged that bullet. According to Coli.com standards, dude is in the top 10% of black dudes in the US.

No kids
Never Been Married
Close to making six figures
In Shape
Got his own spot and ride
Taller than 6'3"
Stem degree from Georgetown

No way Lawrence goes back to Issa other than to see her in passing and smirk to himself at how good he has it while she is on social media posting memes like this one...

images

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
One thing that pissed me off about this season is besides Tasha in the beginning and that 3score with the 2 white broads the male viewer didnt get anymore eye candy by the end of the season. The most we got was Aparna in a bra, they could of at least showed us her ass in a thong or something :stopitslime:
Meanwhile for like 5 episodes straight we gotta see some nikkas' ass :scust: :dame:

Daps
Next season we'll find out that Candace doesn't know shyt about any "open relationship".

Someone else mentioned this, but I don't see how Dro could be that brazen. They're all friends. He may trust that Molly would be to embarrassed to mention to Candace's face that she's fukking her man, but the probability that Molly or Issa would ask Candace about the open relationship seems too high to take that kind of risk.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Men do the same thing (not all of course) but it happens.

That's one of the refreshing things about the show. It's not afraid to show that women can be as self centered and selfish as they claim all men to be.

Let's not act like Daniel is a saint though. He KNEW Issa was in a relationship and still dikked her down. He was right when he called her out for not being a "victim" in season 1 but he also should've known that being Guy number 2 has its drawbacks as well.

Hence my initial point. Smashing your friend, especially one you've been cool with for a number of years, will ALWAYS carry consequences. Especially if one of you (or both) is in a relationship.

It's another reason why the scene between Derek, Lawrence, and Chad has multiple layers. A lot of people like to point that conversation as "typical male insecurity" or whatever, but the shyt holds truth. You have to give any dude coming around your woman as a "friend" the side eye. Unless he's gay or related, he's a man with a dikk. And dikk desires vagina. That's basic human nature.

Lawrence wasn't wrong for giving Aparna the side eye. He was wrong for how he went about confronting it. Number 1, if home girl already smashed a co-worker; then you share that girl PERIOD and you shouldn't be seriously trying to date her. They already confirmed earlier in the season during the party where Lawrence ditched Tasha that they were all basically passing each other around at the office. Lawrence should've known then what the game was.

This entire post is mostly spot on, but Issa chose to get dikked down. He wasn't the one obligated to be faithful. All he did was come right out with his intentions, no bullshyt -- which was basically, "I'm ready to pursue you romantically." -- and make himself available. She did the rest. It'd be different if Daniel was cool with Lawrence or whatever, that would be a betrayal.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I know plenty. One in particular i met in an airport and we later bumped into a meeting with GE. Come to find out she was the persons ass we needed to kiss to get a contract approved for some 8 figure equipment. Biggest hoe I know (not judging). Passes herself off as this black elite who's making moves in the corporate world. Ain't met a dikk she won't suck

I know a VP of a credit union like this...very very professional and hardworking but will purposely seek to fukk anything married, wife or husband.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
i dont know why it's so hard for some of you to believe it's real women like molly :what:
I don't find it that hard to believe. I see thousands of them on Tinder. especially in DMV and ATL. hard-working driven sistas with all the accolades in the world. Masters from good school, top performer at their jobs, ran marathons, well-traveled, etc. but haven't got a clue in the world on how to attract AND keep a man. social life when it comes to men is an absolute disaster. Think they deserve Idris elba but have nothing to offer but their degrees and accolades.
going for dudes that they know have no intentions of being serious with them and crying foul after. cycle continues until 35+ then all of a sudden it's "there's no good men out there. all the fine dudes don't act right. I worked hard I shouldn't have to settle, I know my worth, blah blah blah"