Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Men do the same thing (not all of course) but it happens.

That's one of the refreshing things about the show. It's not afraid to show that women can be as self centered and selfish as they claim all men to be.

Let's not act like Daniel is a saint though. He KNEW Issa was in a relationship and still dikked her down. He was right when he called her out for not being a "victim" in season 1 but he also should've known that being Guy number 2 has its drawbacks as well.

Hence my initial point. Smashing your friend, especially one you've been cool with for a number of years, will ALWAYS carry consequences. Especially if one of you (or both) is in a relationship.

It's another reason why the scene between Derek, Lawrence, and Chad has multiple layers. A lot of people like to point that conversation as "typical male insecurity" or whatever, but the shyt holds truth. You have to give any dude coming around your woman as a "friend" the side eye. Unless he's gay or related, he's a man with a dikk. And dikk desires vagina. That's basic human nature.

Lawrence wasn't wrong for giving Aparna the side eye. He was wrong for how he went about confronting it. Number 1, if home girl already smashed a co-worker; then you share that girl PERIOD and you shouldn't be seriously trying to date her. They already confirmed earlier in the season during the party where Lawrence ditched Tasha that they were all basically passing each other around at the office. Lawrence should've known then what the game was.
See. I feel u. Of course nikkas do it too. But I'm talking about the situation at hand. And with Daniel. He prolly thought she was basically done wit her man cause she been chasing him and flirting for a minute. Remember he didn't know Lawrence. And knew Issa before Lawrence. He prolly felt like they had a bigger bond than that. Being that they had history. My g. Right now I'm married to a woman who been in my life for years. We was close friends. We had enough respect for each other enough to know if we crossed that line there was no turning back and we had to be serious about it. Just like on the show. U can obviously see no matter how smooth Daniel tries to act that he likes her more than she likes him.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
My homie graduated from Dartmouth and currently works at a Chase branch.
My other homie graduated from U Penn, became a rapper for a while, and works at a Non profit now.

Ivy league isn't a guarantee, you still gotta hustle and make good decisions. smart niccas can def be complacent or lazy.
They both have to tools and connections to ball out after college but didn't make the moves too.

Loved the finale tho. Looking forward to season 3.

I see you're from chi-town......you referencing Naledge from Kidz In the Hall?

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you're selling him short.

This sounds like shade to your homie, but I'm willing to bet you are selling him short. He got to live out his rap dream and is now giving back to the community.

Give the Kidz some credit, breh

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Men do the same thing (not all of course) but it happens.

That's one of the refreshing things about the show. It's not afraid to show that women can be as self centered and selfish as they claim all men to be.

Let's not act like Daniel is a saint though. He KNEW Issa was in a relationship and still dikked her down. He was right when he called her out for not being a "victim" in season 1 but he also should've known that being Guy number 2 has its drawbacks as well.

Hence my initial point. Smashing your friend, especially one you've been cool with for a number of years, will ALWAYS carry consequences. Especially if one of you (or both) is in a relationship.

It's another reason why the scene between Derek, Lawrence, and Chad has multiple layers. A lot of people like to point that conversation as "typical male insecurity" or whatever, but the shyt holds truth. You have to give any dude coming around your woman as a "friend" the side eye. Unless he's gay or related, he's a man with a dikk. And dikk desires vagina. That's basic human nature.

Lawrence wasn't wrong for giving Aparna the side eye. He was wrong for how he went about confronting it. Number 1, if home girl already smashed a co-worker; then you share that girl PERIOD and you shouldn't be seriously trying to date her. They already confirmed earlier in the season during the party where Lawrence ditched Tasha that they were all basically passing each other around at the office. Lawrence should've known then what the game was.

Gospel. I agree with everything you said except the bolded. Gay nikkas like p*ssy too and these females be letting these fruit booty nikkas hit too. You should know being from ATL :usure:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I see you're from chi-town......you referencing Naledge from Kidz In the Hall?

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you're selling him short.

Kidz In The Hall was a dope ass group who dropped some very good material. I still bump their Detention mixtape to this day.

They may not have "blown" but anybody who just says that Naledge was "just a guy who rapped" is hating

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
This sounds like shade to your homie, but I'm willing to bet you are selling him short. He got to live out his rap dream and is now giving back to the community.

Give the Kidz some credit, breh

Not throwing shade, the hip hop run he had let him do and see things I'll NEVER see. My point was more to the fact that he didn't use his Ivy degree as a doorway to a high paying traditional professional gig like he could have. He's def was/is out here doing his thing, but end of the day he's on the same wave as issa with the choice to "give back" instead of just trying to Cake.

shyt, he's back in school getting a PHD last I spoke to him.:yeshrug:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Kidz In The Hall was a dope ass group who dropped some very good material. I still bump their Detention mixtape to this day.

They may not have "blown" but anybody who just says that Naledge was "just a guy who rapped" is hating

Yeah I went to Upenn years after them. Naledge and Double O made some solid music. It kinda came off like he was throwing shade. Double O is super talented as a producer and I always liked what Naledge had to say.

There aren't that many people who go to Upenn and do music so more often than not if someone goes into that path I know them.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Not throwing shade, the hip hop run he had let him do and see things I'll NEVER see. My point was more to the fact that he didn't use his Ivy degree as a doorway to a high paying traditional professional gig like he could have. He's def was/is out here doing his thing, but end of the day he's on the same wave as issa with the choice to "give back" instead of just trying to Cake.

shyt, he's back in school getting a PHD last I spoke to him.:yeshrug:

I didn't either......people have to follow what they believe is their calling.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I couldn’t put my finger on it, but it’s always been in the back of my mind that everyone on the show looks “good” in the photographic sense. Especially the nightlife scenes.

It’s a subtle detail that makes the show that much better.

Real talk his show makes Issa, Molly, and Kelli look like fukking GODDESSES at certain times. I'd swear Issa is the finest woman on earth the way they make her skin glow....

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Real talk his show makes Issa, Molly, and Kelli look like fukking GODDESSES at certain times. I'd swear Issa is the finest woman on earth the way they make her skin glow....
There is a video on twitter posted in the last week or so actually breaking down how they do makeup different from most of the industry

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
There is a video on twitter posted in the last week or so actually breaking down how they do makeup different from most of the industry

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Finally binges watched with commentary with a female friend. It's too racy and sexual. Then whole blow job episode was over the top and exaggerated to me.

Also, the actor that plays Lawrence looks different and extra syrupy like he may sick duck on the weekends. Don't know if it's the wardrobe or if he had work done. Issa looks great proud of her weight loss and the girl that plays Kelly too.

But it's too sex in the city now. Do we really need to see ass cracks and semen to tell a story? Hope the hoe phase ends soon.