Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
This episode was great. Kinda got me reflecting on my life life a bit. :wow:

Also, was it ever confirmed that Issa's brother was gay before tonight's show?

Derek being gay has been telegraphed since season 1.

I swear they explicity said he was gay when they first introduced him...which I thought was season 1 in a scene at Issa's parents house, but imdb says he never appeared in season 1.

At any rate, in the premier of season 2, he shows up to Issa's house party and greets Amanda Diva by snapping his fingers and twitching his neck, thenn turns and says some slick shyt to Kelli. Hilarious sequence, but I dunno how anyone could think he's a straight man after that.

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Aparna just seems like a cool ass chick. Lawrence took an L being so emotional.

Please tell me she's back season 3. :to:

To be honest with you breh most hoes are cool ass hell and relatable. Its when you start catching feelings and emotions is when you take an L, just like Lawrence did.

See with hoes you suppose to fukk on them
for a lil bit then K.I.M. Put them capes away, that's why we say "These hoes 4 everybody"

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
i would have loved to fukk that little short Keisha chick Lawrence was banging :banderas:
That blood neighboor of theirs is hilarious. They should find a way to give him more scenes. Dont overdo it but just a bit more. Talking about "What you fools doing on the bouch?" :russ:

SunGod

All Star
Daps
I don't know, brehs. I think @LovelyOne83 is right about Issa and Lawrence's financial situation.

:patrice:

Season 1, Episode 3

Molly: All right, well, have you told Lawrence what your issues are with him, like really spelled it out. Because sometimes when you're really in it, it's hard to see shyt clearly.

Issa: Yeah, but why do I have to be the one who sees shyt so clearly? I love him, but it's hard to carry the emotional weight and the financial weight. Like, those are heavy as fukk.

Son wasn't paying half.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
:dahell: Relationships can be insanely complex.

I was referring to the complexities based on their choices. Maybe my lens is eschewed to the rational side but I can't see how dating a woman from the workplace could work well for any man. Especially a woman who has dated another man in the office.

In hindsight, I would agree that attraction is non-negotiable so Issa and Molly returning to the dudes they are most attracted to or who provides to most excitement makes sense.

What doesn't make sense to me is the characters being in their 30's and still struggling to make these types of choices.

Daps
This gets unsticky'd in two days yet Power still up after over a week :skip:

GoT got the same treatment as Insecure. Weekly shows good enough to sticky should stay up for a full week after the finale. Not everyone watches live these days. Give brehs a time to catch up and then discuss.