Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
Tasha put it best. Lawrence is a fukkboy who thinks he's a nice guy. But to his credit, he has enough self-awareness to realize that about himself and judging by the end convo with Issa it seems like he'll take steps to change that about himself.

Issa and Molly on the other hand are the queens of self-sabotage, making the same dumbass mistakes as before :snoop:

I really don't like any of the characters besides Chad and Kelli. But that's the genius of the show, keeps me engaged and entertained despite all the main characters being trainwrecks. That's reality though. The average person, no matter how educated or successful, consistently make terrible life decisions. Myself included :wow:
who raised you nikkas sounding like broads :scust:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I cringed when my man got jealous in the car assuming she was laughing about something in her phone dealing with the ex.

It's a gray line with the phone thing.

If we in the middle of conversation at dinner and you just whip out your phone on some lemme see what's poppin on facebook/instagram, that's automatic :camby:

But if we been talking all day, kickin it all day, and we now e jus sittin in some traffic not talking for a minute and you whip out your phone then :yeshrug:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
We Got Y'all

You ain't gettin no major bread with that degree :pachaha:

From Stanford you will still get bread

Stanford or not, she works at a non-profit... she wasn't makin no bread like that. Hell, Tasha might earn more than her. Add to that, the fact she lives in expensive ass LA, and Issa is definitely hustling backwards from a money standpoint.

I know a bunch of those types from when I was in business school. A lot of Stanford educated girls who didn't make a lot of money and worked at a non-profit because they wanted to make the world a better place.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
Stanford or not, she works at a non-profit... she wasn't makin no bread like that. Hell, Tasha might earn more than her. Add to that, the fact she lives in expensive ass LA, and Issa is definitely hustling backwards from a money standpoint.

I know a bunch of those types from when I was in business school. A lot of Stanford educated girls who didn't make a lot of money and worked at a non-profit because they wanted to make the world a better place.
for you and me? :mj:

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
:salute: to Season 2.
Can't wait for Season 3. They really need to expand on Derek and Tiffany's relationship. Kelli got more burn in Season 2 but we gotta see how imperfect the DuBois' are.
Also, Lawrence most definitely can still work in a Season 3 storyline. They can focus on him trying to get better while still taking an occasional L. That's life. :manny:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm puzzled about the finale to say the least. In my head, relationships aren't that complex, however I am just one man. At the very least, the characters are consistently dysfunctional. My takeaway from this finale and season in summation is that women are extremely complex.

:dahell: Relationships can be insanely complex.

Which is why I think she was paying most of the bills when they were together. She already has to account for the few hundred dollars that Lawrence gave her every month. She can't afford another crisis.

:skip: That is QUITE the assumption you made there. There is nothing in the show that lends to thinking Issa paid anything more than her fair share. LOL @ you reducing Lawrence's contribution to a measly $500. :mjlol:

My bad. I read "she better be black" instead of "she better be back" :dead:

I was reading that shyt like "what does that have to do with what he said?" :dahell:

Yooooooooo I'm so disappointed fam:mjcry:

Why can't black love just win:mjcry:

This is actually the best part of the show. It's realistic. The fake-out ending was a nod to that. Any other show would resort to the cliche of everything working out. But life isn't like that. Most of us have someone we loved dearly that it just didn't work out with. Matter of fact, I was just telling my homegirl about how pop culture has messed our generation up royally. A lot of us grew up on "happily ever after" type media and have no idea how to reconcile that life doesn't work like that. It's shown on the show through Molly's character.