Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah it was ok what he did writing wise. Hince the show is called insecure. After finding out the girl he digging fukked a dude from work multiple times and still laughs and jokes with the cat then him telling his homies about it. Lawrence is gonna act the way he did in the car. We got to be honest Lawrence is a decent dude but he truly is a sucka and a goofy at the same time.

The thing that got me mad was him actually apologizing and giving her a out for cheating on him. That's a L but even then he could still pull out a win with a goodbye and be done with it but NO his simp mark ass goes and sends a friend request too add issa back in his life while she takes a Uber to live with the nikka she cheated on him with. Smh. Ain't no coming back from that.

I can forgive the friend request thing. He just unblocked her. Showing you can be friends from a distance is a sign of maturity.
I'm not sure what he apologized for though. Apologizing for being an ass after the breakup is one thing, but apologizing for shyt you already apologized for and started to work on before Issa cheated is silly. I guess it was his way of initiating the closure he knows he needed? Whatever.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He only asked what she liked about him cause she kept making like the nikka repulsed her at one point. Made like the shyt was a drunken mistake at a party only for him to turn around and find out it was a time to time occurrence. She wasn't being completely honest with him. He had a right to ask questions cause that's mad close to home being that they all work together and he was tryna start something up with her. Her leaving that car was the best thing to happen to him because atleast it got deaded before it went too far. But from looking at comments in this thread I can see why people have so much difficulty keeping stable relationships. It seems like alot of people simply don't know how to do it.
When having a casual work convo she is gonna go into the exact number of times he hit:gucci:
yall reasoning skill is suspect
Nygga should have just been an adult and had that convo if he needed that
She aint lie or make it seem like nothing when Lawrence asked her straight up she responded
Yall sound childish not saying I would be cool with situation
but nothing about how she handled it was wrong

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Lil' Rei was the only guy that took Molly serious, yikes.

Tasha may have been a little "hoodish" then the other women, but she always kept it realer than them with Lawrence.

Lawrence is a super simp. What are you apologizing for? Don't add that woman as a friend on social media unless you are ready to show off your new prize.

Molly doesn't lover herself. Her career can't fill voids either.

Issa has has issues and isn't a good friend.

Molly and Issa are the type of women your family told you to not bring home.

Hoes win, simps lose.
Enterprise took her seriously as well from last season

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought maybe the tv was crooked. I even rewound it and still couldn't tell.

d_Untitled.png

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Lil Rel overrated Molly, probably because she was a fellow black attorney. I've seen this with my lawyer friends way too often, but she ain't the one to try and wife.

Keeping Lawrence in the main cast could lead to this show jumping the shark, his character doesn't fit anymore.

Lol but in general this show showcases how folks overrate themselves in the dating market, and the economic realities that come with dating in the Black community were unfortunately only slightly touched upon. Dude on YT tonetalks has a video about this element of the show, I mean both my experience and data backs up the notion that shyt is much worse for the typical black professional living on the coasts.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yall need to stop calling this finale great. It was trash just like the NFL games yesterday :martin:

I don't think it was trash but it was definitely weak(Issa Rae written episodes generally are weak, to be honest). I think the show had a bit of a sophomore slump but it's still a must watch, IMO.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Lil Rel overrated Molly, probably because she was a fellow black attorney. I've seen this with my lawyer friends way too often, but she ain't the one to try and wife.

Keeping Lawrence in the main cast could lead to this show jumping the shark, his character doesn't fit anymore.

Lol but in general this show showcases how folks overrate themselves in the dating market, and the economic realities that come with dating in the Black community were unfortunately only slightly touched upon. Dude on YT tonetalks has a video about this element of the show, I mean both my experience and data backs up the notion that shyt is much worse for the typical black professional living on the coasts.
how did he overrate her?
he is not privy to the fact of how she running thru dudes
or that she is a side piece to a married dude
all he sees is a black lawyer that he thinks is attractive
how is he suppose to be aware of her emotion baggage

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
how did he overrate her?
he is not privy to the fact of how she running thru dudes
or that she is a side piece to a married dude
all he sees is a black lawyer that he thinks is attractive
how is he suppose to be aware of her emotion baggage

Yeah I think people often forget we have a bird's eye view of the entire situation. On paper Molly looks like a great catch.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

:what: