Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
she wasnt throwing it on Rel with the force of Aphrodite and shyt.
:mjlol:

ol standard issue ride game

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:francis: I don't know if I'm back if Lawrence doesn't come back. It was good to see him and Issa get closure, but I think this might have been closure on his character's story arc :mjcry: I could relate to the homie bc we've made similar moves in life, been in similar spots (my girl didn't smash a producer tho), just an awkward ass nikka. So every move he was making, I could see me doing the same awkward shyt. So the shyt w/ Aparna makes perfect sense from him as a character. Just sucks bc it looks like they were getting along pretty good. The fact that she smashed buddy more than once is interesting bc they made it initially seem like an accident or they were drunk. An insecure awkward ass nikka. And I don't blame him for it. No fukkin way Imma be good you smiling/laughing w/ a dude you smashed. In my face :hhh:

Is Colin that funny? :stopitslime:

Issa cursed Daniel out then asked to sleep on his couch. They're writing his character into sucka territory.

Molly moving hoe-ish. Gave Lil Rel the cheeks, then smashed Dro.....again.

We'll see what happens next season. Maybe lol

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Issa cursed Daniel out then asked to sleep on his couch. They're writing his character into sucka territory.

Molly moving hoe-ish. Gave Lil Rel the cheeks, then smashed Dro.....again.

We'll see what happens next season. Maybe lol

Pretty realistic IMO. What women say and do are generally two different(and totally opposite) things

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
She was a teller breh

She was a teller that was taking management night classes at a local community college or something because she said she wanted to run a bank and not just be a teller.

There was NOTHING wrong with Tasha outside of the timing. There's a good chance that Lawrence doesn't see her as his type -- which is fine, because as this show has constantly proven, people want what they want and cannot be convinced to let those desires go -- but objectively, she was a catch: an attractive woman with her own job and shyt, her own plans for advancing her career, and she was all about Lawrence.

need to get over that shyt.
or if the man feels its necessary go check that other guy. i dont fukkin know.
they dont smoke enough weed on this show

so many problems woulda already been solved
tumblr_n0wgxlwavK1tp0b66o1_400.gif

One, he fukked up for decided to mess around with someone he worked with.

Two, he fukked up for messing around with a co-worker who had messed around on multiple occasions with another co-worker.

Three, he fukked up for messing around with a co-worker who was still friendly as fukk with a mutual co-worker she once messed around with.

Based on what you've seen of Lawrence -- who spent the two years prior being depressed and lost as fukk only to get cheated on right when he got it together -- this season and what was just laid out, you really expect Lawrence to just move past it? How do you move past something you see every day?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
It's funny how women view Lawrence as a villain and want him written off the show.

Breh, as soon as he said he was sorry, almost every Lawrence-hating woman on Twitter changed their tune. They just wanted that man to say he was wrong and that his behavior/lack thereof justified Issa stepping out on him (it doesn't, but the ego has its needs). It's why women are always open to being dogged out. Seems like all you have to do is say you're sorry or I miss you and they'll give you as many chances as you need.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Serious question, there used to be a lot of talk in this thread about how Issa was on a "different" level than Tasha because of her education...

Why hasn't her education helped her in actual life?

Exactly. Tasha not homeless. And Molly is on the "highest level" but doesn't have shyt to show for it in her personal life decisions.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Breh, as soon as he said he was sorry, almost every Lawrence-hating woman on Twitter changed their tune. They just wanted that man to say he was wrong and that his behavior/lack thereof justified Issa stepping out on him (it doesn't, but the ego has its needs). It's why women are always open to being dogged out. Seems like all you have to do is say you're sorry or I miss you and they'll give you as many chances as you need.

Nah. He apologized last season. And changed. Issa still cheated and Lawrence was still the villain.