Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Lil' Rei was the only guy that took Molly serious, yikes.

Tasha may have been a little "hoodish" then the other women, but she always kept it realer than them with Lawrence.

Lawrence is a super simp. What are you apologizing for? Don't add that woman as a friend on social media unless you are ready to show off your new prize.

Molly doesn't lover herself. Her career can't fill voids either.

Issa has has issues and isn't a good friend.

Molly and Issa are the type of women your family told you to not bring home.

Hoes win, simps lose.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
stop :stopitslime:
I wouldnt be cool having to see a dude that hit my gurl everyday
and them being cool on top of that
but I would have enjoyed the moment keep rocking with her
I just couldnt see that long term
aint supposed to be long term.
shyt wasnt long term for the other guy.
let her be the office community jump off.
muthafukkas coming off relationships expecting to get immediate wifeys and husbunds.
life aint no DISNEY shyt!!
:mickeyleotah:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Expect a breh whose ex cheated on him with a past hookup to be OK with his current GF being friendly with a past hookup, brehs.
need to get over that shyt.
or if the man feels its necessary go check that other guy. i dont fukkin know.
they dont smoke enough weed on this show

so many problems woulda already been solved
tumblr_n0wgxlwavK1tp0b66o1_400.gif

Last edited:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I'm seriously annoyed that Frieda got the promotion.
  1. Is is self sabotaging & snitching on her damn self
  2. Frieda literally led nothing. Her version of trying to lead was shaming Issa into confronting the principle for her.
  3. Issa is literally getting gentrified out of her neighborhood, but won't shut up long enough to get that salary raise.
  4. Issa better be looking for another job next season.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
So, about the rest of the show...
  • I think closure is overrated and really doesn't serve a significant purpose.
  • That Issa/Lawrence conversation...well, that was mature.
  • Issa is seeing what Tiffany supposedly has & is on her "woulda, coulda" tip. She thinks she wants Lawrence back but she just missing the comfort of a relationship (compared to dating). And why is she insistent on using Daniel as an emotional tampon (why is Daniel allowing it)?
  • Why is Lawrence taking Aparna seriously? She's messy. Or is it normal to casually sleep with coworkers...specifically more than one coworker?
  • Why is Molly going to a therapist if she refuses to make any real progress? Dro? Girl, are we really still doing this? Even after the bathroom incident??? Nothing was wrong with Rel...nothing was wrong with Sterling.
  • Is Tiffany even pregnant? Is this a "let's make this work" baby considering that the hubby was in a hotel for months & didn't seem excited about the baby?

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Tasha had the conversation skills of a 7th grader. Her being a good one is like big Rel being a good one. They don't fit what that person is even looking for. Lawrence wasn't looking for a good girl, he was looking for some ass and when he considered making her an option, he realize that they have nothing in common outside of sex.
I don't care what nobody say. Tasha was on some fukk shyt. That whole cookout scene was borderline rude and disrespectful. Giving the nikka orders to help people he didn't know without even having the respect enough to introduce him to them. And then getting mad cause he had a work event he had to go to at his NEW job and he said he was going to TRY to be back. bytch he didn't stand u up at a wedding. It was a god damn cookout. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Good finale....

Was really hoping for a 30 days with Kelli segment.... :mjgrin:

Molly will forever be a mess.... Counseling or not.... She wants to be a ho and that ain't never gonna change.... U feel bad for the dudes that fall for her.... :francis:

The Issa and Lawrence scene was dope... and nearly had me throw my remote at the screen when they showed that fantasy montage.... I was like fukk NOOOOOOO LAWRENCE!!!.... :damn::damn:

once I realized it was a daydream I calmed down... :ahh:

What did Lawrence, Chad, and Derek see on the screen when they was watching Due North???.... :dahell:

Issa, Kelli, Molly and Tiffany stay sonin each other in spurts.... :mjlol:

Issa played the shyt out of Lil Rey... "oh he got a beard... Thats whats up.." :mjlol:

Lawrence played himself wearin his emotions on his sleave with the Indian chick.... Just continue to get the puss.... fukk u care if she coo with her ex.... :gucci:

Looking forward to next season.... :blessed:
The TV was mounted crooked.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
You gotta fix that mentality breh lol. If you sell your car, you can't come back two years later and put the keys in the ignition, talking about some "Once mine, always mine." :heh:

I'm grown now so I matured a bit but I definitely gave no fukks about my exes new boyfriends back in the day. If I wanted them back, I would go get try to get them back. Worked one time, the other time not so much. I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything about Daniel when I did similar things.

Yea and Issa sought him out. He doesn't have the benefit of seeing as much as the audience sees. If Issa's seeking him out, what does that say about their relationship to Daniel?

Exactly. Aint like they married with 3 kids. He aint force Issa to come to the studio and fukk. She's an adult with her own agency. She can make her own decisions. And for some reason, despite her saying she loves Lawrence, she was exfoliating with Daniel's nut moisturizer. Some relationship:heh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
One more thought on the Aparna/Lawrence car convo... I wish they didn't write it like they did. It made Lawrence come off SUPER LAME and insecure (npi). He aint even know who she was texting. I get why his character would flip out but I wish there was more evidence to lead it there.

I was hoping they'd go another direction with it. I was hoping that he'd see how absorbed she was into her phone and then realize that they didn't have a real connection. To me that's a more realistic scenario, because you can enjoy someone's company and convo in short spurts but then after awhile realize yall don't really have a connection. And the "being in your phone and not in the moment" is a real problem for our generation.
Lawrence is an insecure dude. That's the point.

And he still hurt from Issa cheating.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
#TeamLawrence y'all took mad L's all season that completely undid the W he got at the end of last season. fukked up with Tasha, fukked up with Aparna, his app is dead, apologized to Issa after she cheated on him and sent her a friend request? :scust:

And y'all ain't getting your win back since this was more than likely his final episode. :umad:

fukk out of here nikka. We still won the season, i don't care how ugly it was.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh:

Eh. Was it episode 1 or 2 when they talked about her fukking the other co-worker. It was something to the extent of this work event where everyone gets drunk and makes a mistake. She said something to the effect of her fukking dude and that being her mistake.

To Lawrence and the viewers it sounded like a one time thing. This episode, the shyt went from a one time thing to them being fukk buddies. He went from an annoying dude that was a mistake to a smart, funny dude that she fukked every time she wanted some dikk:manny:
Yup. Shorty woulda been dead to me after that conversation.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Tasha was watching a show and he wanted to smash u sick
Nyggas just calling Tasha a hoodrat off nothing can't even give one solid example
Aparna was only interested in him
Lawrence was the one making false accusations cuz he was insecure
Was scared to even talk about it sounding like a simp "so what u like about him"
Who says that lol
I'ma let u cook tho
He only asked what she liked about him cause she kept making like the nikka repulsed her at one point. Made like the shyt was a drunken mistake at a party only for him to turn around and find out it was a time to time occurrence. She wasn't being completely honest with him. He had a right to ask questions cause that's mad close to home being that they all work together and he was tryna start something up with her. Her leaving that car was the best thing to happen to him because atleast it got deaded before it went too far. But from looking at comments in this thread I can see why people have so much difficulty keeping stable relationships. It seems like alot of people simply don't know how to do it.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I also don't understand how you some of you can call Lawrence a simp, call him aloof and awkward, call him out on his lack of awareness, yet still don't see why he would be apologizing to Issa?

That shyt definitely lead to he and Issa falling out.
Why would he apologize to her for being a simp? Issa is just as awkward, aloof, unaware, and more importantly dishonest while being loose with the p*ssy. Her behavior after their break-up basically confirms that she isn't the one for dude and isn't ready to be that one for anybody. Issa is so dishonest that she's lying to herself. She tells Lawrence that she loves him while day-dreaming some fantasy alternate reality where they end up together happily ever after...........then goes and shacks up with her side-piece. I think that they made it a point to show that she had other options too. She still doesn't even know what she really wants. If they did get back together she(this type of woman) would cheat again.