Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
To be fair, he was pretty indelicate and insensitive to the way she felt, that manifested that clingy, somewhat desperate behavior. There was a better way to handle that, then 1) a lie that will evaporate shortly after it was told, and 2) a phrase like "you needed a win" is insulting in that context, the breakdown of her behavior was fair, but the rest wasn't the way to treat someone you assumedly care about, even if you've only slept together a few times.

On the other hand, the same is true with Lawerence and Tasha, showcases both the men's personalities. While Chris is blunt and perceptive, Lawrence is less so, and less able to communicate. Clearly he still has a shot with Tasha, but the way he handled that was like a middle schooler would, and he looked like that, in that uniform, kind of fumbling for words to explain, that he was flattered and like Tasha, I am in a relationship, he could have even talked later with her about it, since he was at work. That was the kind of rejection that men and women protect themselves from. Not brutal, but quietly a little painful and uncomfortable.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, he was pretty indelicate and insensitive to the way she felt, that manifested that clingy, somewhat desperate behavior. There was a better way to handle that, then 1) a lie that will evaporate shortly after it was told, and 2) a phrase like "you needed a win" is insulting in that context, the breakdown of her behavior was fair, but the rest wasn't the way to treat someone you assumedly care about, even if you've only slept together a few times.

On the other hand, the same is true with Lawerence and Tasha, showcases both the men's personalities. While Chris is blunt and perceptive, Lawrence is less so, and less able to communicate. Clearly he still has a shot with Tasha, but the way he handled that was like a middle schooler would, and he looked like that, in that uniform, kind of fumbling for words to explain, that he was flattered and like Tasha, I am in a relationship, he could have even talked later with her about it, since he was at work. That was the kind of rejection that men and women protect themselves from. Not brutal, but quietly a little painful and uncomfortable.
:wtb:

That turns women on, "Oh he's faithful and a good man". The second he goes back and hollers at Tasha, she'll hit him with the, "But what about your GF" all giddy and proceed to give him that ass. Wait for it.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, it's not the intent, or the stance, just how he carried it out. He was acting like a little kid. He seemed to barely grasp the situation, which is probably tied to the writing of the characters self esteem at this point.

At poster one above, yeah, that was fairly sloppy writing, maybe came from a senior member of the team lol, who doesn't know the uploader is named, screen name at least....Asking who recorded a video at a venue that had maybe 250 people in it is ridiculous, laughable even. But this is not a show that needs an intricately written plot, and also the fact both seemed to clearly be using it to contact the men in their lives.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, it's not the intent, or the stance, just how he carried it out. He was acting like a little kid. He seemed to barely grasp the situation, which is probably tied to the writing of the characters self esteem at this point.

At poster one above, yeah, that was fairly sloppy writing, maybe came from a senior member of the team lol, who doesn't know the uploader is named, screen name at least....Asking who recorded a video at a venue that had maybe 250 people in it is ridiculous, laughable even. But this is not a show that needs an intricately written plot, and also the fact both seemed to clearly be using it to contact the men in their lives.

I agree that he was hella thrown off, but it wasn't annoying imo. It's really not that far fetched for him to be oblivious or even aloof to shorty's advances when she had only mildly implied that she was interested prior to this episode. Nothing about him so far implies that he is anything like a ladies man or interested in stepping out on Issa.

Nice observation about his self esteem. He could be feeling like less than a man with all the personal and work related shyt he's going thru.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Oh, I am not clamoring for him to sleep with Tasha, or betray his relationship or his feelings.....I was just saying, he didn't handle that like a mature, understanding, perceptive adult would, which I agree with you, isn't entirely his character, it's partially to blame for issues with him and Issa. He's a little immature, a little nerdy, and he's kind of in a wierd place in his life.

Tasha's character was clearly interested the whole time, and this is incredibly relatable, if (like me) you've ever asked out a bank teller, or girl working at a boutique/department store, bar, whatever, hard to tell whether it's true interest, or they are passing the time. By the time she is tripping all over herself at the food court, (last ep) those were all the clear signs.... he should have understand she's kinda crazy about him....I've missed it before, we all have. At the end though, when she plainly asked him out, and he's all awkward and shy about it, that kind of obliviousness is hard to watch.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
To balance the universe both these broads need to take gigantic Ls...i hope she do wind up being late and then she go tell producer nicca and he hit her with that :patrice::huhldup:...it would show ol dude a scumbag and have niccas in they feels again in here but they could have him change his mind later on and confront issa while with lawrence and then a big fukkery bomb ensues :wow:....ya know wat maybe not. My dude lawrence dont deserve that :mjcry: when u think u got yourself a nice girl but she wind up being a hoe :to:

:mjlol:

Nikka who hurt you? It aint that serious breh. You catching feelings over a show that is suppose to be a comedy.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Molly takes another L :blessed: i need them to keep coming til at least the end of the season :wow: she deserves no wins after she played my nicca (even tho im pretty sure she bout to start pleading for him back and he gonna take her back :shaq2:).....The bank teller chick was looking extra good but i swear she knew my dude had a girl before she asked him out :patrice: why she acting all shocked when he passes :jbhmm:...then we got issa :snoop: i cant even look at this broad the same. She let this producer nicca fukk her raw in the studio :scust: how anybody can cheat and go raw is beyond me. Cheating is already foul but not caring if u get a STD or pregnant is even fouler. Hope she take hella Ls as well.

Seeing her smash dude raw AFTER seeing Lawrence faithfully pass on Island's burgers and them titties had me heated, breh. Same feeling I got about Skyler White after "I.F.T."

fukk that bytch. Hope she's late AND burning.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Seeing her smash dude raw AFTER seeing Lawrence faithfully pass on Island's burgers and them titties had me heated, breh. Same feeling I got about Skyler White after "I.F.T."

fukk that bytch. Hope she's late AND burning.
yea breh that shyt is filthy....nicca just dropped jeans and slid in with no fuks given. This broad aint even think about saying "do u have a condom" :wow: the disrespect is off the charts :ohlawd: