Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just watched the last 2 episodes :wow:

Molly keeps taking L's but she deserves it for being ignorant and stubborn :usure:

I thought Issa was going to take the high road in the studio but she finally gave in :beli:

But that's real life though. As soon as you get your relationship together and everything is back on track then that's when somebody shows up and tries to to fukk it up :francis:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Oh, I am not clamoring for him to sleep with Tasha, or betray his relationship or his feelings.....I was just saying, he didn't handle that like a mature, understanding, perceptive adult would, which I agree with you, isn't entirely his character, it's partially to blame for issues with him and Issa. He's a little immature, a little nerdy, and he's kind of in a wierd place in his life.

Tasha's character was clearly interested the whole time, and this is incredibly relatable, if (like me) you've ever asked out a bank teller, or girl working at a boutique/department store, bar, whatever, hard to tell whether it's true interest, or they are passing the time. By the time she is tripping all over herself at the food court, (last ep) those were all the clear signs.... he should have understand she's kinda crazy about him....I've missed it before, we all have. At the end though, when she plainly asked him out, and he's all awkward and shy about it, that kind of obliviousness is hard to watch.

How was he supposed to handle it:dahell:?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
brehs is this shyt worth watching? I have all 5 episode sitting on my Plex server but I just don't know if it wanna dive into it. I need a "new show" now that Atlanta is done
Absolutely.

This show doesn't have that weird,dream like quality Atlanta had but it's a very nice complimentary show and has already shown great depth and care of its characters.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I might be lunching, but I just realized how many dark skinned actors/actresses have prominent roles in this series. :salute:

This is a slept on comment... I agree because in most black shows historically, there is always an undertone of house negro/field negro in the dark/light skinned characters (Martin comes to mind). No overarching racial stereotypes between blacks on the shows that have to do with skin color is definitely a plus.

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Molly takes another L :blessed: i need them to keep coming til at least the end of the season :wow: she deserves no wins after she played my nicca (even tho im pretty sure she bout to start pleading for him back and he gonna take her back :shaq2:).....The bank teller chick was looking extra good but i swear she knew my dude had a girl before she asked him out :patrice: why she acting all shocked when he passes :jbhmm:...then we got issa :snoop: i cant even look at this broad the same. She let this producer nicca fukk her raw in the studio :scust: how anybody can cheat and go raw is beyond me. Cheating is already foul but not caring if u get a STD or pregnant is even fouler. Hope she take hella Ls as well.
Issa is a clever girl she set that scene up right after the Lawrence scene for a reason. Most men were looking at Lawrence like :why: because he turned ol girl down, then she sets up the scene with her cheating. This is so you can understand that just a min ago you were all for Lawrence cheating and now that you see her cheating you understand the foul and pain one feels in cheating. Girls go through it a lot even though they can get dikk any time they want. I wanted to be mad but then I was like :francis: The nikka knew Issa was wishy washy, and he turned that thicky chocolate down, who's fault is that.