Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Damn good episode . . . .

Man, this a tough show to watch with ya girl lol. . . . Tasha was looking so good when she came up in best buy :noah: I wanted to rewind it but my girl was sitting next to me like :usure:

Man, Molly kills me cause I know chicks like that. I felt Chris 100% , he thought it was good look for her at the moment. He came when she was thinking he wouldn't and then she starts tripping on him. Smh.
And the beauty of this show is that after episodes 1&2 everybody was pissed about the portrayal of black men via Lawrence and now he's the one doing the right things and being a stand up guy and curving chicks meanwhile his girl is out here being emotionally attached (now physically ) to a dude from her past . . . .

But I appreciate them for showing that "good girls" will do some trifling shyt too. I knew something was gonna happen in real studio but I didn't expect it to go that far. . . .

Definitely looking forward next week's episode. How many episodes are left ?

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
And the beauty of this show is that after episodes 1&2 everybody was pissed about the portrayal of black men via Lawrence and now he's the one doing the right things and being stand guy and curving chicks meanwhile his girl is out here being emotionally attached (now physically ) to a dude from her past . . . .

Lawrence has a permanent get out of jail free card for whatever he does from here on out. Can't wait for him to holler back at Tasha :noah:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Believe it or not... some men have morals and don't dog women out :leon:

He's in a serious relationship with someone he cares about. So he was flattered at Tasha's advances, but knows where home is. Not everybody is like that of course, but it's cool to see it on this show. Issa triflin' for doing her man like that. She already got that walk of shame, lol. She going to confess, hopefully Lawrence breaks up with her and his career takes off with Tasha by his side
:cape:
in a perfect world....:wow:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I saw every episode except the latest one, and I'm feeling the show. I think it's clear as day Lawrence gon fukk that bank teller, since she's giving him the emotional support that Issa isn't. While Issa will eventually throw Daniel some p*ssy, since she was practically gushing in the bathroom.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yo I just watched like the first 12 Awkward Black Girl episodes. We NEED an appearance by Darius the whispering guy :pachaha:

He plays the blood neighbor on this show so we probably won't see him.

FANTASTIC episode. They really fixed all the mistakes from the pilot. The dialogue is a lot tamer and more natural now. I'm actually invested in a lot of th characters too.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
He plays the blood neighbor on this show so we probably won't see him.

FANTASTIC episode. They really fixed all the mistakes from the pilot. The dialogue is a lot tamer and more natural now. I'm actually invested in a lot of th characters too.

I didn't even notice it :wow: She's keeping all of her ABG cast fed.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Issa is trifling, but at the same time I don't feel bad for Lawrence. He already knew she was choosing, the minute she didn't come home and was dodging his calls.

Plus Lawrence had no choice to do right by Issa, because he isn't in a position to get his own place(ATM). At this point, Lawrence should just keep grinding, and stay with Issa until he gets on his feet(assuming he can't afford to get a room).

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Molly takes another L :blessed: i need them to keep coming til at least the end of the season :wow: she deserves no wins after she played my nicca (even tho im pretty sure she bout to start pleading for him back and he gonna take her back :shaq2:).....The bank teller chick was looking extra good but i swear she knew my dude had a girl before she asked him out :patrice: why she acting all shocked when he passes :jbhmm:...then we got issa :snoop: i cant even look at this broad the same. She let this producer nicca fukk her raw in the studio :scust: how anybody can cheat and go raw is beyond me. Cheating is already foul but not caring if u get a STD or pregnant is even fouler. Hope she take hella Ls as well.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Molly takes another L :blessed: i need them to keep coming til at least the end of the season :wow: she deserves no wins after she played my nicca (even tho im pretty sure she bout to start pleading for him back and he gonna take her back :shaq2:).....The bank teller chick was looking extra good but i swear she knew my dude had a girl before she asked him out :patrice: why she acting all shocked when he passes :jbhmm:...then we got issa :snoop: i cant even look at this broad the same. She let this producer nicca fukk her raw in the studio :scust: how anybody can cheat and go raw is beyond me. Cheating is already foul but not caring if u get a STD or pregnant is even fouler. Hope she take hella Ls as well.

As soon as I saw it I thought she was going to pop up preggo. I kinda want her to think she is, break down and confess to Lawrence, then just wind up being late or something for the ultimate ether. I really don't want to see her or Molly win AT ALL

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
As soon as I saw it I thought she was going to pop up preggo. I kinda want her to think she is, break down and confess to Lawrence, then just wind up being late or something for the ultimate ether. I really don't want to see her or Molly win AT ALL
To balance the universe both these broads need to take gigantic Ls...i hope she do wind up being late and then she go tell producer nicca and he hit her with that :patrice::huhldup:...it would show ol dude a scumbag and have niccas in they feels again in here but they could have him change his mind later on and confront issa while with lawrence and then a big fukkery bomb ensues :wow:....ya know wat maybe not. My dude lawrence dont deserve that :mjcry: when u think u got yourself a nice girl but she wind up being a hoe :to:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
To balance the universe both these broads need to take gigantic Ls...i hope she do wind up being late and then she go tell producer nicca and he hit her with that :patrice::huhldup:...it would show ol dude a scumbag and have niccas in they feels again in here but they could have him change his mind later on and confront issa while with lawrence and then a big fukkery bomb ensues :wow:....ya know wat maybe not. My dude lawrence dont deserve that :mjcry: when u think u got yourself a nice girl but she wind up being a hoe :to:

Blu doesn't deserve this shyt at all man. Dude is continuously turning down heaven to continue to party with the devil :mjcry:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Good ep.... As I stated before I'm rooting for Molly's failures cuz she is a delusional thirst bucket and deserves to fall HARD at this point.... Maybe that will humble her...

I was hoping Issa wouldn't go down that path but hey.... :yeshrug:..... I like how they might overlook the assumption that she fukked homeboy without a condom... :sas2:

As for Lawrence..... There's always hope for a good brotha... He'll be aight...

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
Blu doesn't deserve this shyt at all man. Dude is continuously turning down heaven to continue to party with the devil :mjcry:
i hate cheating of any kind but fukk it, lawrence gotta blow the bank teller back out :mjcry:....and unlike issa i need to see that bra off :shaq: