Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
btw, can ANYONE explain to me why issa flipped out on daniel in the end. like right when they made up, he said it was payback. but what is he paying her back for??? something that happened prior to season 1 we aren't privy to?
Payback for how she treated him in season 1. Ghosting him then spazzing on him at the fundraiser.

He wasn't being serious, but emotional ass Issa got offended...like guilty people tend to do when called out on their BS.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were both emotionally cheating. They both have major faults.

The fukk? You are not comparing Lawrence hanging with Tasha for a lunch (Where he mentioned Issa) to what Issa was doing, are you?

Lawrence never chased after Tasha, he never started an argument and then ducked out to "bump into" Tasha, make out with Tasha, and the second Tasha made her move...he turned her down and let her know he was taken.

You comparing that to Issa letting Daniel slide into her, after Lawrence asked her if she was in this and she admitted to Molly that Lawrence was doing everything right, to Lawrence being a naive dude. Tasha wasn't even on his radar while Issa was imagining getting spit roasted by Daniel and Ty Dolla Sign

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
"work wife" but they didn't even work together.....

Which makes it worse. Going to lunch with her. Always in her cashier line.

Lawrence had every reason to keep it at "hi and bye" but he used Tasha until he could gain some self esteem & find someone that was more his speed (ie colleague smashing Parma)

Last edited:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
The fukk? You are not comparing Lawrence hanging with Tasha for a lunch (Where he mentioned Issa) to what Issa was doing, are you?

Lawrence never chased after Tasha, he never started an argument and then ducked out to "bump into" Tasha, make out with Tasha, and the second Tasha made her move...he turned her down and let her know he was taken.

You comparing that to Issa letting Daniel slide into her, after Lawrence asked her if she was in this and she admitted to Molly that Lawrence was doing everything right, to Lawrence being a naive dude. Tasha wasn't even on his radar while Issa was imagining getting spit roasted by Daniel and Ty Dolla Sign

Firstly, I'm not likening Lawrence's emotional cheating to Issa's emotional + physical cheating. I'm pairing Lawrence's 2 year negligence to Issa's physical cheating.

Lawrence was basically prepping Tasha to come off the bench. IMO, that is emotional cheating. Lawrence wanted an ego boost & chose Tasha to give that to him, rather than Issa, who at the latter point, checked back into the relationship.

Mind you, Lawrence & Tasha did not work together so at minimum, they made some effort to be more than cordial (b/c cordial is "hi & bye") How did Lawrence even have her #, to call her & have the smash session as soon as him & Issa broke up?

Yes Issa was wrong for seeking out Daniel & use Daniel to fulfill her emotional needs (b/c Issa was straight up being ignored). I am not debating that & I never did. But Lawrence also used an outside party to fulfill emotional needs. They both emotionally cheated.

Question: Would you be okay with your girlfriend having casual lunches & unnecessary encouragement talks with a dude that you know is interested in her? Would you be okay with your girlfriend never telling you that this guy existed?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Firstly, I'm not likening Lawrence's emotional cheating to Issa's emotional + physical cheating. I'm pairing Lawrence's 2 year negligence to Issa's physical cheating.

Lawrence was basically prepping Tasha to come off the bench. IMO, that is emotional cheating. Lawrence wanted an ego boost & chose Tasha to give that to him, rather than Issa, who at the latter point, checked back into the relationship.

Mind you, Lawrence & Tasha did not work together so at minimum, they made some effort to be more than cordial (b/c cordial is "hi & bye") How did Lawrence even have her #, to call her & have the smash session as soon as him & Issa broke up?

Yes Issa was wrong for seeking out Daniel & use Daniel to fulfill her emotional needs (b/c Issa was straight up being ignored). I am not debating that & I never did. But Lawrence also used an outside party to fulfill emotional needs. They both emotionally cheated.

Question: Would you be okay with your girlfriend having casual lunches & unnecessary encouragement talks with a dude that you know is interested in her? Would you be okay with your girlfriend never telling you that this guy existed?

2 year negligence? :mjlol:

Lawrence was fukking depressed. He graduated from a good university, tried to start his own business and failed, tried to find a good job in a brutal market, and was in a bad place. He was still extremely supportive of Issa and didn't even recognize how low he'd sunk until Issa stopped being passive aggressive and just had a conversation with him.

He manned up and fixed his problems. Lawrence didn't do anything to Tasha. They had a friendly relationship, he mentioned he had a girlfriend, and the second she overstepped her boundaries he made it clear that he was taken. This is the same dude who thought a stripper wanted to fukk Him for free. He's just naive, none of what he was doing was backhanded or sneaky.

Have her number? That was a long ass trip back from the vacation spot for Issa, he could have easily swung by the bank and just said what's up.

And no, I wouldn't care especially if I knew that she straight rejected him when he came onto her like Lawrence did.

Comparing what Lawrence did with Tasha to what Issa did with Daniel is straight stupid. She was kissing him, going out of her way to hide it, lied and involved her friends in it, and was far more proactive in trying to push something with Daniel than Lawrence was with Tasha.

You comparing Lawrence minding his own business and Tasha sitting with him to Issa lying to her best friend in an attempt to meet Daniel at the club then kissing him on the way home?

Lawrence wasn't daydreaming or chasing Tasha. He wasn't making excuses to fight with Issa and then run off to see Tasha. He wasn't lying to his friends and talking about much he wishes he could fukk Tasha while with Issa. When Issa was out letting Daniel slide in her, Lawrence was REJECTING a girl who wanted him and solving Issa's issues because he was invested in their relationship.

The goddamn hall :mjlol:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which makes it worse. Going to lunch with her.

How many times did they go to lunch? I only remember the one time Lawrence was already eating, Tasha ran into him and sat down. That wasn't a normal thing for them. That was episode 4 of last year. Episode 5 she showed up at Best Buy. There was no indication that before that random encounter in the food court that they ever talked outside of the bank.

Always in her cashier line.
She works at a bank. The banks I've been to have one line, whatever cashier you get is random. There's a bank a block from my job I've gone to for non-ATM related transactions maybe 5-6 times in the 5 years I've been there. I've probably only dealt with 2 tellers even though there's usually 4-5 windows open. Lawrence was going to deposit his unemployment checks, which comes IDK, maybe twice a month. Go to any place of business pretty regularly and it's not uncommon to actually start to talk to the employees there.

SunGod

All Star
Daps
Man, you nikkas been arguing with the same person for WEEKS now.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

You would have a point if it went both ways but Lawrence wasnt even aware she was pushing up on him until she came to his job at Best Buy. His oblivious ass thought it was just casual convo until then :skip:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You would have a point if it went both ways but Lawrence wasnt even aware she was pushing up on him until she came to his job at Best Buy. His oblivious ass thought it was just casual convo until then :skip:

Yeah Lawrence is a bit of a weirdo, it's like he was never socialized around people... he seems to have no idea on how to pick up on social cues

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
btw, can ANYONE explain to me why issa flipped out on daniel in the end. like right when they made up, he said it was payback. but what is he paying her back for??? something that happened prior to season 1 we aren't privy to?
I feel she played him last season. She really said fukk him trying to get back with Lawrence only for Lawrence to leave anyway.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Issa was dead ass wrong how she went about it. She was right to check out of the relationship but she should have broke up with that nikka, fukked Daniel see how that played out and if it didn't work, try to see what was up with Lawrence.

Lawrence was wrong for treating Tasha like it was going to be more serious than it was, when he knew she was just a rebound. He meeting nikka's family, sleeping over, eating dinner, etc. That's not how you treat a rebound. Then you come to her people's cookout and leave?

Daniel and Tasha need to get together because they both had no business being drug into either of their mess.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The Daniel situation is why I don't get how anyone can be supportive of Issa. Daniel has literally done nothing wrong. She told him that he was only dikk to her. He bust in her face but that isn't anything.

Yet dude is wronged throughout. He the only character that is actually innocent, imo.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
does anyone else think they have a shot with Issa? She seems approachable and not caught up in the hollywood bs. i could see her dating a regular guy