Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
They were both emotionally cheating. They both have major faults.
No. Did he call Tasha or hit her up? Did he contact Tasha or reach out to her at all? He saw her when he went to the bank if she was working that day. He invested zero time into her. She saw him while he was chilling in the food court and walked up to him and sat down. He didn't even invite her to sit. She just sat. Unless u feel any interaction with the opposite sex is emotionally cheating? The only reason naive ass Lawrence even knew she was really interested in him is when she came to him at work tryna ask for a date. And he shot her down. He curved her. Like I said. Ur doing mental gymnastics trying to make Lawrence wrong in the situation. The cheating was all on Issa. Not him.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
She did play herself by ignoring the signs, but Tasha shot her shot. Lawrence is a fukk nikka for letting her think it actually went in:manny:

And I'm convinced he's doing the same thing with this Indian chick
Only thing Lawrence did wrong was not flat out say "I'm just fukking u". The nikka only came to her crib on certain days. He never took her on dates. And he literally just told her he fukked Issa a few days before the BBQ. Shorty was dumb. Even if he was tryna be wit her. She shouldn't have even gotten mad he went to a work event. That's not even something to get mad about. She was blowin that nikka phone up n all that. When she just should've said. "Ok well if u make it back I will be here". Shorty was doin WAY too much. She knew what it was from the beginning and she was tryna penetrate. She even SAID she knew what it was. He should've NEVER took her out on that date cause of what his friend said.

Last edited:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
They are both messed up. Lawrence lied by omission that Tasha even existed. And you can't be too invested in the relationship if you're sleeping with the next one within a few hours of a breakup. I personally don't cosign that "technicality" type of stuff.

I don't have a bias as I can acknowledge the faults of both. In damn near all my comments, I state or allude that Issa is wrong, but I only get push back when I talk about Lawrence.

And finally, how is Issa a bad friend to Molly?
Youre clearly biased and this is a bullshyt dishonest post.

Daps
Only thing Lawrence did wrong was not flat out say "I'm just fukking u". The nikka only came to her crib on certain days. He never took her on dates. And he literally just told her he fukked Issa a few days before the BBQ. Shorty was dumb. Even if he was tryna be wit her. She shouldn't have even gotten mad he went to a work event. That's not even something to get mad about. She was blowin that nikka phone up n all that. When she just should've said. "Ok well if u make it back I will be here". Shorty was doin WAY too much. She knew what it was from the beginning and she was tryna penetrate. She even SAID she knew what it was. He should've NEVER took her out on that date cause of what his friend said.

:patrice:

That's exactly my point. He's a fukk nikka cuz his boy pointing out what it was caused him to try to act like it was more, taking her on a date, going to her family BBQ and shyt :snoop:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Exactly. I'm amazed at how many people are using that BBQ to question Lawrence's blackness or comfort around Black folk. Completely ignoring that he, being a recently single man, just got invited to an event being billed as easy p*ssy.

Lawrence doesn't hang with white folks outside of his new co-workers. All his black friends are not true black elite (i.e. They're not the vacation on Martha's Vineyard type), so it's unbelievable to think he ain't comfortable at the cookouts of his real friends.

I'd suggest you rewatch, not just that episode either. When first invited he didn't really want to go. He only agreed cuz he thought it was the noble thing to do. Like his boy said in season 1, Lawrence is a "R&B nikka" so he didn't feel comfortable letting Tasha know she was just fukk buddy status. She summed him up perfectly saying he's a fukk nikka who don't know he's a fukk nikka. It's this same attitude that had him bring ol girl to bday party. He was already feeling guilty cause he was trying to keep their shyt a secret at work and she wasn't, so when she offered to tag along to the bday he felt obligated to accept so that she would not feel he was ashamed of her. If he wasn't a fukk nikka he woulda stuck with his original proposal: pushed their drinks back to 10pm.

But that's not him....and it looks like he's bout to do some fukk nikka shyt in the finale:francis:
Lawrence is too meek. he a fukkboy. I cant really cosign him

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
:patrice:

That's exactly my point. He's a fukk nikka cuz his boy pointing out what it was caused him to try to act like it was more, taking her on a date, going to her family BBQ and shyt :snoop:
Yea I forgot he took her on that one date. Yea his issue was that he had a hard time just admitting to himself he wanted to play the field. I still don't think he's a fukkboi for that tho. nikka was confused from just ending a 5 year relationship Tasha peeped that weakness and tried to ease her way in tho. She had her own motives and didn't really have sensitivity when it came to his situation. Instead she tried to take advantage of it. I liked Tasha but I feel zero sympathy for her. She played herself.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
No. Did he call Tasha or hit her up? Did he contact Tasha or reach out to her at all? He saw her when he went to the bank if she was working that day. He invested zero time into her. She saw him while he was chilling in the food court and walked up to him and sat down. He didn't even invite her to sit. She just sat. Unless u feel any interaction with the opposite sex is emotionally cheating? The only reason naive ass Lawrence even knew she was really interested in him is when she came to him at work tryna ask for a date. And he shot her down. He curved her. Like I said. Ur doing mental gymnastics trying to make Lawrence wrong in the situation. The cheating was all on Issa. Not him.

From what I remember, they started eating lunch together frequently. As I said, Tasha was a work wife.

Youre clearly biased and this is a bullshyt dishonest post.

I'm bias but you are the one that refuses to see both sides. As I said early, I can mention how Issa screwed up, but as soon as I call Lawrence out, everyone wants to argue.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
From what I remember, they started eating lunch together frequently. As I said, Tasha was a work wife.

I'm bias but you are the one that refuses to see both sides. As I said early, I can mention how Issa screwed up, but as soon as I call Lawrence out, everyone wants to argue.

:russ:

You know damn well they didn't have lunch frequently. The one time they had lunch together, Lawrence was already in the food court sitting alone eating and she took it upon herself to join him.

You remember the episodes, don't play :stopitslime:

Work wife :mjlol:

Emotionally cheating :comeon:

Stop it

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

You know damn well they didn't have lunch frequently. The one time they had lunch together, Lawrence was already in the food court sitting alone eating and she took it upon herself to join him.

You remember the episodes, don't play :stopitslime:

Work wife :mjlol:

Emotionally cheating :comeon:

Stop it
Tasha showed up and sat with Lawrence episode 4

Episode 5 she showed up at Best Buy

Not sure when them eating lunch together frequently happened

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I'm bias but you are the one that refuses to see both sides. As I said early, I can mention how Issa screwed up, but as soon as I call Lawrence out, everyone wants to argue
You sound like trump with this "both sides" nonsense. You're making a false equivalence. I'm not saying that dude is flawless I'm saying that his flaws don't equate with hers. You're trying to be sl cl and give her cover by saying "they were both wrong" as if she's not the only one who cheated. "He lied by omission". You're being blatantly full of shyt.

The kicker here is you know that you wouldn't go for the game you're running. If you caught a guy cheating on you, you wouldn't be tryna hear about all of the complaints that he had about you in the relationship as if it equals out.
"Yea I was lying and cheating behind your back................but what about you never putting water in the fridge tho. I always gotta be the one to put bottled water in the fridge so we both been wrong. We even"

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
btw, can ANYONE explain to me why issa flipped out on daniel in the end. like right when they made up, he said it was payback. but what is he paying her back for??? something that happened prior to season 1 we aren't privy to?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw, can ANYONE explain to me why issa flipped out on daniel in the end. like right when they made up, he said it was payback. but what is he paying her back for??? something that happened prior to season 1 we aren't privy to?
He was just joking, but it wasn't the best choice of words.

I'm assuming for her going off on him last season saying he was just an itch she needed to scratch.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
You sound like trump with this "both sides" nonsense. You're making a false equivalence. I'm not saying that dude is flawless I'm saying that his flaws don't equate with hers. You're trying to be sl cl and give her cover by saying "they were both wrong" as if she's not the only one who cheated. "He lied by omission". You're being blatantly full of shyt.

The kicker here is you know that you wouldn't go for the game you're running. If you caught a guy cheating on you, you wouldn't be tryna hear about all of the complaints that he had about you in the relationship as if it equals out.
"Yea I was lying and cheating behind your back................but what about you never putting water in the fridge tho. I always gotta be the one to put bottled water in the fridge so we both been wrong. We even"

I've been in both positions (being cheated on and being in a relationship where I carried the entire relationship). The latter was the worse part and the cheating was only the final straw. That's why I can see both sides.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Nah. Lawrence curved her hard when she was pressing a little too strong when he was with Isa

The only reason he started fukking Tasha was the stripper he wanted to fukk was charging too much and he knew an easy target when he saw one :jawalrus: