Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Daniel situation is why I don't get how anyone can be supportive of Issa. Daniel has literally done nothing wrong. She told him that he was only dikk to her. He bust in her face but that isn't anything.

Yet dude is wronged throughout. He the only character that is actually innocent, imo.
Innocent? Nah, not really. He was fukking with Issa when he knew she had a man. I don't think any of these characters as they are portrayed could really be considered innocent though I may agree that he may be the closest.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Innocent? Nah, not really. He was fukking with Issa when he knew she had a man. I don't think any of these characters as they are portrayed could really be considered innocent though I may agree that he may be the closest.
I honestly don't remember her conveying that to him.

If she did and he still smashed, then he ain't shyt either.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Just binge watch the whole shyt and this show is piff :whew:

Issa aint shyt for cheatin on lawrence. And she cant even thot right:mjlol:

Lawrence was cool up until he was on that fukk nikka shyt wit tasha. nikka shoulda been upfront. Now he jus a bedbuckin c00n :manny: hopefully he gone next season

Dro clearly lyin to molly but she dumb enough to fall for it :snoop:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Dro clearly lyin to molly but she dumb enough to fall for it :snoop:

Molly's a complete fukkin hoodrat. Matter of fact, she's worse than the typical hoodrat because she tries to hide her ratchetness with her good career and advanced education. She's just as scandalous and trifling as any of these chicks you'd see in the local hood spot on the weekend

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
The Daniel situation is why I don't get how anyone can be supportive of Issa. Daniel has literally done nothing wrong. She told him that he was only dikk to her. He bust in her face but that isn't anything.

Yet dude is wronged throughout. He the only character that is actually innocent, imo.
Daniel is a simp breh. Dude got gaffed not knowing he was a side man and was still trying to cuff the broad.

Literally, this chick has a man, you going to her job doing speeches and cuffing while she out here cheating on her man. He is out here like sign me up, I want next!

Ole Jagged Edge ass He Cant love you ass cat...

How many of yall out here trying to wife up a broad who stepping out on her man with you?

Man if yall dont cut the bullshyt out. He just as much of a clown as Issa is. I don't give any of the characters a pass because at their ages, you are supposed to know how the game goes.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Man if yall dont cut the bullshyt out. He just as much of a clown as Issa is. I don't give any of the characters a pass because at their ages, you are supposed to know how the game goes.

Yeah it's not like these are teenagers, these are grown ass negroes in their 30s. Act your age!

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Yeah it's not like these are teenagers, these are grown ass negroes in their 30s. Act your age!
After reading some of the comments in here and revisiting the scene in my head where they insulted one another, I'm like man, these folks are seriously dysfunctional as hell.

One thing that confuses me about the writing and the show overall is Molly's character. Molly is cast as the promiscuous one. A hoe. Hoes that I have met have all been devoid of feelings which is how they are able to process all that meat.

How is Molly who has a history of being damaged and promiscuous catching feelings for a dude this deep in the game. In my experience, hoes give game not get gamed especially at her age.

So now clearly Issa is trying to play that game when clearly, her character, chock full of feelings cannot. How did they get Issa right but miss the mark on Molly?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
After reading some of the comments in here and revisiting the scene in my head where they insulted one another, I'm like man, these folks are seriously dysfunctional as hell.

One thing that confuses me about the writing and the show overall is Molly's character. Molly is cast as the promiscuous one. A hoe. Hoes that I have met have all been devoid of feelings which is how they are able to process all that meat.

How is Molly who has a history of being damaged and promiscuous catching feelings for a dude this deep in the game. In my experience, hoes give game not get gamed especially at her age.

So now clearly Issa is trying to play that game when clearly, her character, chock full of feelings cannot. How did they get Issa right but miss the mark on Molly?

There are different types of hoes
Molly is a hoe that just wants love

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn

Molly does hoe things but she ain't a freak if you get me. She been looking for the perfect relationship since the beginning but she keep fukking dudes and confused as to why they ain't calling her back (broken p*ssy). Remember Jidenna had a good date with her, smashed, and she thought they were dating and exclusive while he was just confused. Dro probably been the only guy outside of that bi dude from the first season that has wanted some kind of relationship with her which is why she is in the situation she been in all season.

Last edited:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
There are different types of hoes
Molly is a hoe that just wants love

See I learn something new every day. I never met one. Only ones I know are the ones who are about their business. Hoe business. Whether free meals, or advertising on social media, they are about themselves.

I think the writing's been kinda shaky in spots this season(though the show is still superb). It's sorta like Issa found they had this hit and now it's like.... what's next? I'm not sure they had all this planned out

I agree. I'm confused a bit about the writing. Not saying it has to be at a level of perfection but rather there is brilliance and perfection captured in some spots and then others where its questionable. Still, its far superior to a lot of the crap that is on television today.

Molly does hoe things but she ain't a freak if you get me. She been looking for the perfect relationship since the beginning but she keep fukking dudes and confused as to why they ain't calling her back (broken p*ssy). Remember Jidenna had a good date with her, smashed, and she thought they were dating and exclusive while he was just confused. Dro probably been the only guy outside of that bi dude from the first season that has wanted some kind of relationship with her which is why she is in the situation she been in all season.

LOL. I thought the broken p*ssy song was alluding to the fact that she is a hoe. No dude wants a broken p*ssy because it belongs to a hoe which is an emotionless woman. In my opinion for a woman to sleep with a man, she has to have some sort of emotional feelings for the dude. A hoe is emotionless so she sleeps with everyone hence the broken p*ssy terminology, yet the next season Issa is like fukk feelings, teach me how to be a hoe... LOL. It's too much.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Calling Molly a hoe is really sexist and inaccurate. If she's a hoe, than you are subscribing to near oppressive Middle Eastern standards of being considered not a "hoe". None of the main main characters are really "hoes", they are people at various stages of relationships and sex in their early 30's/late 20's. This is normal.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Calling Molly a hoe is really sexist and inaccurate. If she's a hoe, than you are subscribing to near oppressive Middle Eastern standards of being considered not a "hoe". None of the main main characters are really "hoes", they are people at various stages of relationships and sex in their early 30's/late 20's. This is normal.
Chill lipstick alley she is a hoe tho falling for he "open relationship" shyt