Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Pretty dope show. Just started watching. Much better than that Queen Sugar. show some people were hyping up

Daps
I don't think the blackness made him want to leave, he never wanted to go in the first place, he knew he shouldn't have been there. He would've been looking for a way out regardless of what was going on.

Eh, Tasha was throwing signs early on, even showed up to Best Buy "looking" for batteries in the laptop section that Lawrence worked in and asked if he wanted to join her for jalapeno poppers looking like

IMG_3768.png

Nah, her co worker asked if they were seeing each other because Lawrence lied about where he was. Lawrence said he was at home Saturday. Apurna had already told people that they went to the movies.

She wasn't pouty.

Eh, her response "Do we have business?" was in response to Lawrence saying he didn't want people in "our business" . No one questioned them as a couple until Lawrence tried to be on some secretive shyt.

Lawrence didn't cancel the plans. He said he knows they were supposed to grab drinks at 7, but asked if would 10 work because he has a birthday party to go to and his ex was gonna be there. He said he was just swinging through. She said we could either go another night or I could go with you, whatever's easier. Lawrence could've scheduled for another night or said I'll scoop you up after I leave the party.

:patrice:

Daniel did fukk Issa, who he knew was dating someone at the time.

Daniel did show up to Issa's fundraiser to question the status of their relationship after Issa was ignoring his calls/texts

Daniel did talk with Lawrence at the event and dropped hints that something went down.

Lawrence has every reason not to fukk with Daniel and question his character. You fukk my girl, show up at her event knowing she doesn't want to talk to you, then have a conversation with me hinting that something went down? :gucci:

Exactly. I'm amazed at how many people are using that BBQ to question Lawrence's blackness or comfort around Black folk. Completely ignoring that he, being a recently single man, just got invited to an event being billed as easy p*ssy.

Lawrence doesn't hang with white folks outside of his new co-workers. All his black friends are not true black elite (i.e. They're not the vacation on Martha's Vineyard type), so it's unbelievable to think he ain't comfortable at the cookouts of his real friends.

This is where I stopped. Go re-watch the episode if you're interested. He was side-eyeing everything going on there before he even said hello to Tasha. He clearly had no real problem going being that he went. He had a problem with what he saw there compared to the other option he had. Yall making excuses..

I'd suggest you rewatch, not just that episode either. When first invited he didn't really want to go. He only agreed cuz he thought it was the noble thing to do. Like his boy said in season 1, Lawrence is a "R&B nikka" so he didn't feel comfortable letting Tasha know she was just fukk buddy status. She summed him up perfectly saying he's a fukk nikka who don't know he's a fukk nikka. It's this same attitude that had him bring ol girl to bday party. He was already feeling guilty cause he was trying to keep their shyt a secret at work and she wasn't, so when she offered to tag along to the bday he felt obligated to accept so that she would not feel he was ashamed of her. If he wasn't a fukk nikka he woulda stuck with his original proposal: pushed their drinks back to 10pm.

But that's not him....and it looks like he's bout to do some fukk nikka shyt in the finale:francis:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
They are both messed up. Lawrence lied by omission that Tasha even existed. And you can't be too invested in the relationship if you're sleeping with the next one within a few hours of a breakup. I personally don't cosign that "technicality" type of stuff.

I don't have a bias as I can acknowledge the faults of both. In damn near all my comments, I state or allude that Issa is wrong, but I only get push back when I talk about Lawrence.

And finally, how is Issa a bad friend to Molly?

Speaking as a man (and I assume women are the same) we all have a few chicks we know we could knock down if given the chance. If you're faithful though you let them know you have a woman and nothing will ever happen and in most cases they'll still flirt or throw it our way. Once you get cheated on first thing that hits our head is "fukk that bytch" and then we think of all the p*ssy we passed up while staying faithful and a lot of times the first reaction is to fukk away the pain with one of those women.

As far as lying by omission I learned with my ex a long time ago it's best to not mention every woman that flirts with us. I was in New Orleans and just had women flirting with me hardcore everywhere I went. I mentioned it to my girl. She told me when I get back meet her at the mall where she worked. In the time she walked from one wing of the mall to the center where she was meeting me she had five dudes stop her trying to get her number. Her point was proven. We don't need to hear about everybody hitting on us cause I'd lose that battle by a lot and it would cause unnecessary jealousy.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Exactly. I'm amazed at how many people are using that BBQ to question Lawrence's blackness or comfort around Black folk. Completely ignoring that he, being a recently single man, just got invited to an event being billed as easy p*ssy.

Lawrence doesn't hang with white folks outside of his new co-workers. All his black friends are not true black elite (i.e. They're not the vacation on Martha's Vineyard type), so it's unbelievable to think he ain't comfortable at the cookouts of his real friends.

I'd suggest you rewatch, not just that episode either. When first invited he didn't really want to go. He only agreed cuz he thought it was the noble thing to do. Like his boy said in season 1, Lawrence is a "R&B nikka" so he didn't feel comfortable letting Tasha know she was just fukk buddy status. She summed him up perfectly saying he's a fukk nikka who don't know he's a fukk nikka. It's this same attitude that had him bring ol girl to bday party. He was already feeling guilty cause he was trying to keep their shyt a secret at work and she wasn't, so when she offered to tag along to the bday he felt obligated to accept so that she would not feel he was ashamed of her. If he wasn't a fukk nikka he woulda stuck with his original proposal: pushed their drinks back to 10pm.

But that's not him....and it looks like he's bout to do some fukk nikka shyt in the finale:francis:
I don't think he a fukk nikka. Tasha didn't even formally introduce the nikka at the BBQ before she started asking him to run errands. Help out her grandparents and just have him running around people he never met before in his life. It was already an uncomfortable situation that SHE made MORE uncomfortable. She honestly shouldn't have even gave a fukk he had to go to a work event. Like at all. Tasha knew what she was getting into from jump. She was just too thirsty to care. She played herself.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
They are both messed up. Lawrence lied by omission that Tasha even existed. And you can't be too invested in the relationship if you're sleeping with the next one within a few hours of a breakup. I personally don't cosign that "technicality" type of stuff.

I don't have a bias as I can acknowledge the faults of both. In damn near all my comments, I state or allude that Issa is wrong, but I only get push back when I talk about Lawrence.

And finally, how is Issa a bad friend to Molly?
:what: Why would he tell her about Tasha? He gave that chick zero play. Unlike Issa who was chatting and flirting with her ex boyfriend who Lawrence knew zero about on Facebook for who knows how long. Y'all doing all kinda mental gymnastics to make that nikka wrong in the situation some kind of way. Smh.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Speaking as a man (and I assume women are the same) we all have a few chicks we know we could knock down if given the chance. If you're faithful though you let them know you have a woman and nothing will ever happen and in most cases they'll still flirt or throw it our way. Once you get cheated on first thing that hits our head is "fukk that bytch" and then we think of all the p*ssy we passed up while staying faithful and a lot of times the first reaction is to fukk away the pain with one of those women.

As far as lying by omission I learned with my ex a long time ago it's best to not mention every woman that flirts with us. I was in New Orleans and just had women flirting with me hardcore everywhere I went. I mentioned it to my girl. She told me when I get back meet her at the mall where she worked. In the time she walked from one wing of the mall to the center where she was meeting me she had five dudes stop her trying to get her number. Her point was proven. We don't need to hear about everybody hitting on us cause I'd lose that battle by a lot and it would cause unnecessary jealousy.

Tasha wasn't a nameless chick in the mall though. She was a work wife trying to get chose.
:francis:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
:what: Why would he tell her about Tasha? He gave that chick zero play. Unlike Issa who was chatting and flirting with her ex boyfriend who Lawrence knew zero about on Facebook for who knows how long. Y'all doing all kinda mental gymnastics to make that nikka wrong in the situation some kind of way. Smh.

They were both emotionally cheating. They both have major faults.

Daps
I don't think he a fukk nikka. Tasha didn't even formally introduce the nikka at the BBQ before she started asking him to run errands. Help out her grandparents and just have him running around people he never met before in his life. It was already an uncomfortable situation that SHE made MORE uncomfortable. She honestly shouldn't have even gave a fukk he had to go to a work event. Like at all. Tasha knew what she was getting into from jump. She was just too thirsty to care. She played herself.
She did play herself by ignoring the signs, but Tasha shot her shot. Lawrence is a fukk nikka for letting her think it actually went in:manny:

And I'm convinced he's doing the same thing with this Indian chick

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Anybody know a good site with links to this series?:patrice:

Rep is pending.

A brotha in Canada and HBO ain't on my cable package.:yeshrug:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
They were both emotionally cheating. They both have major faults.

:gucci: nah. She shot her shot and he told her straight up he was in a relationship, no matter how shytty the relationship was. Meanwhile, Issa went to a nikka crib to line up the smash session and got tossed in a studio. Lol.

Unless Lawrence and Issa get back together there's no reason for him to be in the third season. His arc was over once he smashed Tasha in the season one finale.

:gucci: he's a main character tho. I will admit that it will be weird for him to be on the other side of the city while all the other characters of the show are interacting w/ each other. I'm out if he's out :manny: if they get rid of him, we need another male character to offset.