Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
No sane person would equate the Lawrence character with Issa's character. Yes they're both flawed but the show clearly depicts her as being more fukked up. You can say say that dude was a terrible partner he never lied and cheated like she did so how can you equate him with her? When you make the false equivalence it suggests bias.

Like I said earlier, Issa isn't even a good friend to her ace. She has clear character issues that have nothing to do with her ex.

They are both messed up. Lawrence lied by omission that Tasha even existed. And you can't be too invested in the relationship if you're sleeping with the next one within a few hours of a breakup. I personally don't cosign that "technicality" type of stuff.

I don't have a bias as I can acknowledge the faults of both. In damn near all my comments, I state or allude that Issa is wrong, but I only get push back when I talk about Lawrence.

And finally, how is Issa a bad friend to Molly?

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
I didnt like when Issa implied Tasha was basic when she literally knows nothing about her except that shes thick, wears long weaves, and works at a bank. Then Lawrence reluctantly agreeing to go to her bbq but once there, the 'Blackness' of it made him want to leave immediately. I think there were men playing cards, a girl dancing for her social media page, men grilling....he saw that and was so taken back he had to leave without even eating. Now he's implying Daniel isnt a gentleman because he's a music producer when he's been nothing short of a great friend to Issa. Even showed up to mentor her students and attend their fundraiser last season.

These are good people they're shytting on but because they maybe didnt go to college or have salaried positions, its like the show is implying they're not worthy.

Lawrence is very weird. I dont mind him bringing someone to the party. Issa cheated so fukk her feelings. But I didnt get the impression he was comfortable with the girl coming, she basically invited herself. There was awkwardness right after she did so. He did the same thing with Tasha (but there didnt seem to be any awkwardness after she invited him to the bbq). Its like he doesnt know how to say no. I think thats weird for a grown man.

What was said?

How was Tasha more thirsty than this girl? Tasha even pretended to be cool with shyt just to not run him off. Tasha never would have invited herself to his shyt. She only asked him to the bbq after he showed up to her house uninvited with apologies and after months of fukking after months of convos at the bank. Indian asking to come to friends parties when she knows the ex will be there. Not to mention visually getting salty in front of colleagues so much so that its obvious to these colleagues that these two are seeing each other. Then asking Lawrence the "what are we" bs while at the job. I think this all happened on the same day too.

I swear some of the comments in here are suspect. Its not cause Indian is pretty because yall said Tasha was pretty too. It has to be her job or :mjpls:.
Your right.
Remember when Molly didn't wanna date that guy in the first season because he didn't have a degree and didn't go to college.

And she said this episode she has a rule not to trust anyone from a housing project

She didn't like the outspoken black attorney at her firm either.

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
After a bunch of meh episodes, this latest one was :ohlawd:

The tension at that dinner table was so real. That argument on the street felt like it was something out of my real life (different situations but same vibe). Especially being in a situation where you care about an ex as a human so you try to talk to them so they don't feel like crap but then they catch an attitude. After that the gloves are off and you gotta tell them about they self.

Anyway, time to go back in this thread and see what yall said.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Is it just me or do the women on this show od on the word nikka it seems like damn near any time they refer to a black dude they say nikka. I mean me and my boys use it amongst each other but I had no idea women said it THAT much in their circles .

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I also had to laugh at the "blocked" freestyle. I'm currently blocked by 4 (maybe 5?) women on social media. I aint even do nothing it's just their feelings couldn't take seeing me happy on social media while they were hurt.

I definitely get it tho. It's just something our generation has to go through. I did feel where Issa was coming from too tho. It's like you spend all this time with someone and then it all just goes away and they block you. :mjlol: shyt feels pointless in retrospect

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Molly giving away Lil Rel's snacks to Dro like that :picard:

:russ:

That shyt was SCANDALOUS. Some straight up nikka shyt. It's wild to see a woman do it.

I know yall done introduced girls to stuff other girls put you onto. :lolbron: Sheeit half the restaurants I used to take chicks were places a chick in the past put me on. I be like "Oh I know the perfect place. Dope vibes and some good food." :steviej:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Glad they finally had that blow off and got it off their chest.

Guess we ain't seeing Tasha no more :mjcry:

Lawrence gonna have to go cold turkey to get over issa's ass.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Rappers have made degrading rap music and been called out on it. Whrn rappers make uplifting music it has been noted (Ye and Jesus Walks, Pac and Keep Your Head Up). Saying this thruth is not classist. What has Daniel done to have his character questioned? Why did Lawrence assume Daniel wasnt a gentleman? Daniel has been more of a gentleman than Lawrence has. But because he's in the tech industry he feels he can make these type of aasumptions.

:dahell: It's a nikka that fukked his girl. He's going to reach for the lowest insult possible. It's not classism more so than it is just jokes.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: It's a nikka that fukked his girl. He's going to reach for the lowest insult possible. It's not classism more so than it is just jokes.
shyt's confusing.

Dude could go to Harvard, be the richest man in the world and spend his free time reading to blind kids and feeding the homeless, he fukks my girl, knowing she's in a relationship, he's a fukking piece of shyt.